FallingBlock Location Problem

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by etaxi341, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

etaxi341

Hey Coders out there! I have one problem. If you spawn a FallingBlock it will always spawn in the middle of the block. Even if the Location is something like that: x = 0.2, y = 0 and z = 0. But it will always remove the commas and translate this example to this: x = 0, y = 0 and z = 0. So It will always spawn in the center.
    Code:java
    1. FallingBlock fb = getLocation().getWorld().spawnFallingBlock(location, material, damagevalue);

Thank you for your Help :)

2. Offline

chasechocolate

Try teleporting it after you spawn it.

3. Offline

etaxi341

chasechocolate I have already tried this. Doesn't work either. And I cannot wait one tick to teleport because this one only lives for 1 tick.

4. Offline

Techy4198

I have similar problems, but slightly different. I want to change the block data of the entity while it is moving, but I do it by removing, and spawning with new data, but then this happens. is there a way I can modify the block id/data of an existing Falling Block entity?

if you want to see what I mean, download my MiscBukkit plugin, enable throwing blocks in the config, hold any block, and type
    /throw 1.5 -r

5. Offline

Garris0n

Have you tried using .spawn() instead? Perhaps spawnFallingBlock intentionally puts it in a block.

6. Offline

nisovin

Bukkit does, in fact, do this. It also does the same thing in the spawn() method.

7. Offline

Garris0n

That's so pointless...hmm...I'm a bit too busy to check for it but perhaps there's an NMS method to spawn them...correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.