Fake player chat

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by funnyman850, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Offline

funnyman850

Hi so i was wondering if anyone knows if its possible/ if they could do it. I want a plugin that makes fake players on my server say things in chat as if it was them to make it seem like real people and when someone joins the game they say welcome! I dont want something like i controlu though so im just too lazy to code this so thanks =)

2. Offline

Jaaakee224

funnyman850 So like a MOTD, but with people? Please use the correct format :)

3. Offline

funnyman850

Jaaakee224 well somewhat but what they say should change and not seem automated. but basically yes

4. Offline

nightcrawler601

Check out Citizens plugin. I suppose this is what you want.

5. Offline

funnyman850

nightcrawler601 not exactly... i dont need npcs i want like random message from players that are actually not online

6. Offline

plobnob

So what you want is a plugin that basically upon someone joining makes it seem as if they are welcoming the player? So, if someone joined, it would pick 2/3 random players on the server and make a random message such as "Welcome" or "Hey (username)!", etc etc?

7. Offline

funnyman850

plobnob basically but the random player should be a player made from the fakeplayersonline plugin

8. Offline

plobnob

funnyman850
    So not an actual online player, a player generated by the plugin?

9. Offline

funnyman850

plobnob yes but configurable names to choose from?

10. Offline

funnyman850

11. Offline

danjb2000

There is on fact a plugin that does this. TrollMe? Ill edit post with link if it isn't troll me.

12. Offline

funnyman850

no its not ill probably just end up making it =p

13. Offline

SplotchyJester2

funnyman850
    If you make it would it be public? This would be cool to have, Also id suggest to try to use the api from Chester