Problem/Bug FAILED TO BIND TO PORT

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Eclipse_Minecraft_Coder, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was upgrading my Spigot Buildtools (apparently mine was outdated), when I double clicked on the .bat file a made to generate the rest of the files and run the server. I know what the problem is, and in fact, I've dealt with it many times before, but this is different. I CLOSED my other server's command prompt, but when I started my .bat file, it says another server was already running on the port. And in fact, there was. My old, sludgy server was STILL running without the command prompt. I even went to task manager to find out if it was running in the background somehow, but no such luck.

Help would be appreciated!

[EDIT]: Those servers are both on the port 25565 (hence, the failed to bind to port error), but the old one was portforwarded. I'm fairly certain it will portforward my new one too, since they're both on the same port, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. Yeah. In retrospect it's kinda stupid I didn't do that, but I got around to it eventually.

3. Offline

Machine Maker

@Eclipse_Minecraft_Coder In the future, instead of restarting your machine, you can find the process in task manager or the equivalent of that depending on your os. It's usually a java process and if you aren't running anything else, it should be the only one.

Just a little easier than restarting:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.