Factions prefix?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by megasaad44, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

megasaad44

So i installed factions, factins plus, mcore and all that jazz. all ready and good but. How the hell do you add a prefix for factions? Like: [faction] <rank> <name> etc...
    The wiki was not clear about this feature.
    I have essentials and group manager.

http://www.massivecraft.com/factions-owner#essentialschat
    should be what you want.

necrodoom Didn't really help :/ http://prntscr.com/1gov39 http://prntscr.com/1gov9u

looks like you forgot to change some of the config settings? or are you not using factions 2.0

necrodoom I'm using 2.0.3

And btw, How do i make factions cost money?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Offline

Necrodoom

then recheck config and if factions is started up properly.

necrodoom ok, whatbout the prefixes?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

3. Offline

benj0y

I have the same problem! I found out that the EssentialsChat might be outdated, so I'm gonna install the latest dev build from the website that Factions linked tomorrow, ain't anyone got time fo dat on a Monday! :)

4. Offline

megasaad44

benj0y So your saying i should update essentials when i already did? xD

to devbuild?

Hm. i guess i will update again for security

necrodoom http://prntscr.com/1gw6d0 http://prntscr.com/1gw6mo Didn't work. Check out those links, i tried other methods but this is what looks mostly right... kinda...

seems like you arent using essentials devbuild.

necrodoom I am. It even says that

Well... It says prerelease and according to that factions wiki, it says version 2.11.0 (somethin like dat) i check my version, they should be perfectly compatable. And anything on the pay for a faction thing?

get essentials devbuild.

necrodoom Didn't work... Any links?

5. Offline

benj0y

megasaad44 Yo once again. Haven't had time to install the dev build, but will try tomorrow (Wednesday, swedish time). If that doesn't work, then something is probably up with Factions.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

didnt work as in you didnt find it or factions still causing errors? /version essentials should say dev2.12.x

necrodoom No error. it just literrally says: [faction_name] in chat. 2.12? i didnt find that version, latest in DEV is 2.11 i believe. if not, link me please.

http://tiny.cc/essentialsDevFull

IT WORKED! Thanks! :D

Ok. Now onto other faction things Uh... 1) The commands seam bugged and internal errors are being given. 2) How can i make factions cost money?

http://prntscr.com/1h18mp

7. Offline

benj0y

Gonna install this tonight, it's currently 15:55 here in Sweden.
    megasaad44 I do have one question tho. I'm just Admin on a server so I don't know how the owner got EssentialsChat, because there's only Essentials, EssentialsGeoIP and EssentialsXMPP in the plugins folder. I guess EssentialsChat comes with the main Essentials file. Will everything will be overwritten? E.x GroupManager, Essentials config and all that?

In my Essentials folder there's just a few files, I run on the 2th latest build from Bukkit. In the dev build, there's a whole bunch more files. Will it be overwritten?
    Sorry if the text is a bit confusing, I'm a bit tired. Contact me if you need clarifying.
    EDIT: With overwritten, I mean like configs and stuff.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

benj0y configs wont be overwritten.
    also, you are missing the core package, you need essentialschat.jar from it.

9. Offline

benj0y

necrodoom Hello once again. Thanks for fast answer.

Then what's up with all the new files? Can't figure out what they are good for. I didn't quite catch the last sentence, were you talking to me or megasaad44? All the Essentials folders I've got in the plugins folder are the ones listed.

EDIT: I searched the Minecraft server folder for EssentialsChat, and got a EssentialsChat.jar. But it doesn't show up as a folder tho, maybe it's just hidden in the main Essentials folder?

Again, sorry for asking so many questions. Many thanks, benj0y

10. Offline

megasaad44

benj0y
    the essentials package... is a package... you put the jars and an essentials file pops. it has ALL of them in one config. its a time buyer. if u look at the config titles, all the essentials are their and a few extras. :)

11. Offline

benj0y

megasaad44 Oh ok I see. Thanks for explaining it to me!

One little question though: Will I need to drop the new essentials.jar alongside with essentialschat.jar to make it work?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  12. Offline

Necrodoom

yes, all need to be same version.

necrodoom How can i make factions cost money? and why am i getting an internal error and a buttonage of bugs?

id need to see the startup log and console when you get internal error. and i cant help with factions costing money.

http://prntscr.com/1h2g21 >>>>
    Code:
    6:26:30 PM [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing 'f disband' in com.massivecraft.mcore.cmd.BukkitGlueCommand(f)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:193)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:523)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:964)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.chat(PlayerConnection.java:882)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:839)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.Packet3Chat.handle(SourceFile:49)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:296)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.e(PlayerConnection.java:118)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:37)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:590)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:486)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.milkbowl.vault.economy.Economy.hasAccount(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.money.MoneyMixinVault.ensureExists(MoneyMixinVault.java:149)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.money.MoneyMixinVault.get(MoneyMixinVault.java:99)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.money.MoneyMixinVault.set(MoneyMixinVault.java:119)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.money.Money.set(Money.java:129)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.money.Money.set(Money.java:134)
    at com.massivecraft.factions.entity.Faction.preDetach(Faction.java:64)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.store.Coll.preDetach(Coll.java:361)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.store.Coll.detach(Coll.java:325)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.store.Coll.detachEntity(Coll.java:309)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.store.Entity.detach(Entity.java:53)
    at com.massivecraft.factions.cmd.CmdFactionsDisband.perform(CmdFactionsDisband.java:82)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.cmd.MCommand.execute(MCommand.java:258)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.cmd.MCommand.execute(MCommand.java:250)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.cmd.MCommand.execute(MCommand.java:265)
    at com.massivecraft.mcore.cmd.BukkitGlueCommand.execute(BukkitGlueCommand.java:31)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:189)
    ... 14 more

13. Offline

benj0y

I want to thank you both for the help! I got everything set up and running like it should. Now I need to put up some WorldGuard regions. megasaad44 necrodoom

megasaad44 For me f disband worked fine, I'm assuming your running the latest version of Factions, but which version of MCore are you using?

14. Offline

megasaad44

benj0y Np :D. Hmm you might have a point bout MCore. I will check my version

benj0y I have the latest version ._.

15. Offline

benj0y

megasaad44 May be a longshot, but do you have the required permissions to perform the command?

May I see the plugins list?

16. Offline

megasaad44

Im oped dude
    Ill give ya a list in a sec

Sure no prob, anything that can solve the problem:
    -adminfun
    -announcer
    -anticheat
    -bkcommonlib
    -chestshop
    -clearlag
    -commandsigns
    -coreprotect
    -crystalcraft
    -disguisecraft
    -endlessenchant
    -enjinminecraftplugin
    -essentials
    -essentials antibuild
    -essentials chat
    -essentials groupmanager
    -essentials protect
    -essentials spawn
    -fireworkshow
    -headgrabber
    -jobs
    -jukeloop
    -killthebat
    -launchme
    -lazyupdate
    -limitedcreative
    -lolnetipprotect
    -masterpromote
    -mcmmo
    -mobarena
    -motdmanager
    -multiverse core
    -multiverse portals
    -nolagg
    -orebfuscator
    -pluginupdater
    -possessme
    -prankster
    -protocollb
    -pylamorestorationsystem
    -simple auto-save
    -simplebackup
    -simplecommandsigns
    -spawner
    -statues
    -traincarts
    -turnstile
    -troll
    -vault
    -worldedit
    -worldguard
    ALOT of plugins i know...
    I have more... This is an old list, im on my phone soo yea

17. Offline

ncascouts

Hello, I have a plugin for my rank names and stuff called SimplePrefix. I am asking, how can I change it's format to have the faction chat tag in it.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.