Faction Tag Help Needed

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by n31ln3t, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

n31ln3t

Hello, I get an error with Factions tag. It doesn't make it green if it's the members faction or red for enemy.

Here: http://pastebin.com/aX6PQX2K

Look, I enemied a faction, and when he said a message, his faction tag was meant to be read:
    http://i.imgur.com/6IzBy0E.jpg

I don't think {relcolor} works :/

Please help me! Thanks,
    Neil.

2. Offline

n31ln3t

Hey, any solutions to this? I really need help. I can't find error anywhere.

3. Offline

Freddie1282

I seem to be having the same problem. Please help both of us.

4. Offline

n31ln3t

I'm trying to find ways to not get this problem, what I'm thinking at the top of my head is that this problem is only for EssentialsChat, I'm guessing.

So I'm gonna experiment and see if it's for EssentialsChat only that is getting this error, I'll post results here.

5. Offline

Creexification

Unfortunately, EssentialsChat does not support the tag {factions_relcolor}. The official Factions website does not document any supported plugins/versions. The only listed chat plugins are EssentialsChat and HeroChat, noting that both do not support this tag.

6. Offline

n31ln3t

If both don't support that tag, I don't understand how a server like anthrocraft (pvp.anthrocraft.net) manages to get it working :(

This is pissing me off, this used to work, why does Factions always get worse and worse every update? Anyone know what's the solution to fixing this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  7. Offline

Creexification

n31ln3t They are not running the current version of factions. They are running an earlier version that supports the [FACTION] tag. The version they are using is Factions v 1.6.9.4 - This version also has built in factions chat unlike the current version. These 2 reasons are why I use a downgraded version on my server. Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.