Extremely Poor Mob Spawning.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by OTF Catastrophe, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

For some reason no matter what I do to my server the mob spawning tends to be extremely bad. I have a skyblock server so you would imagine in a blank world with nothing in it but a mob grinder that there would be astonishing mob spawn rates, but no. I run the latest version of Spigot 1.8. I've tried changing the bukkit.yml, this always ends up cutting off all spawning for some reason. I was recently trying to test some plugins such as MobspawningSettings and that plugin doesn't work, like at all. I tried raising the settings in the bukkit.yml, plugins, making sure I had everything configured correctly but nothing is working and it's starting to get extremely frustrating as you can't run a good skyblock server if the server won't even allow you to naturally spawn in more than 23 mobs. If anyone knows how to make mob spawning WAY faster or can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it! If you need any files please let me know.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

mactso

Okay, try the butcher command to confirm the mob count.

Have you adjusted this part of bukkit.yml
    spawn-limits:
    monsters: 157
    animals: 35
    water-animals: 5
    ambient: 15

another area to adjust is
    ticks-per:
    animal-spawns: 400
    monster-spawns: 2

In spigot.yml,
    mob-spawn-range: 6
    This setting is in chunks. Lowering the value will lower the maximum spawning range and make monsters denser around the player.

Vanilla behavior
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/survival-mode/293097-mob-spawning-distance

Since you say skyblock-- are you at least 24m away from the intended spawning area?

Hope this helps.

4. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

Yes I did build it 24+ blocks away aha. I changed the files to what you put and it's not changing the spawnrate really at all. Any other ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.