Expanding Ladders and/or Ladders Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mergrim, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Mergrim

Something I've done a lot of searching for but haven't really found anything. I'm looking for a plugin that does one or both of two things:

1. Expanding Ladders: This feature involves ladders expanding downward from where they're placed. What I mean is, say you place a ladder on the edge of a cliff, then you point at the ladder and use a command(or item) and then more ladders would begin appearing under the first ladder one at a time (or all at once, I'm not picky!) until it reaches the ground. You would then of course be able to climb down this ladder. Ideally this would create ladders even when there's no solid block for the ladder to attach to, other than the ladder piece above it.

Example: [stick] = Ladder
    Before:
    [grass][grass][grass][grass][grass][stick]
    [dirt][dirt][dirt]
    [dirt][dirt]
    [dirt][dirt]
    [dirt][dirt]
    [dirt][dirt]
    [dirt][dirt][grass][grass][grass][grass]

After
    [grass][grass][grass][grass][grass][stick]
    [dirt][dirt][dirt][air][air][stick]
    [dirt][dirt][air][air][air][stick]
    [dirt][dirt][grass][grass][grass][grass]

Bonus points if it's made so that it takes ladders from your inventory(so it would stop short if you run out!) and if destroying the original ladder block destroyed the entire stack, plus returned each ladder piece to your inventory. Of course I'm not sure any of this is even possible. Which is why I'm also suggesting...

2. Ladders Anywhere: No fancy commands or ladder spawning, just the ability to place ladders anywhere, even on the bottom of other ladders. Again, this would make it so you didn't have to have a solid block to place a ladder on.

Thoughts?