Plugin Request Execute command from external python script

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Egolfius, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Egolfius

Plugin Category: Admin Tool

What I'd like:

Excuse me while I clumsily try to explain this. I'd like a plugin that can accept information from a python script and execute that information as a command. This of course could be expanded to include any scripting language, but I specifically need a an intuitive and configurable example function to pass my command off with. It would work similarly to votifier in that it just kind of sits in the background, it works remotely, and it is extremely secure.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Egolfius You need a socket for that, how about a mysql table with commands in it?

3. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower Hey, thanks for the reply. I understand what mysql is and I have basic understanding of sockets, I guess I'm just not sure what you're suggesting. I suppose predefined commands are fine, but they need to be able to take an argument from the python script. Again, thanks.

4. Offline

@Egolfius The link between python and java is difficult. If you are able to put rows in mysql with python then I have something for you.

5. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower It seems that that's something I can do, but I'll need to do some further research into mysql

@timtower I can say confidently that I can insert, delete, and update information in a mysql database via python

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  6. Offline

@Egolfius then WebCommand is a good plugin to look at I think.
    Link should be in my signature.

7. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower Righto, whenever I modify the password in the config and reboot the server, the connection fails and the password is replaced with .inf

8. Offline

@Egolfius is your server running when you edit the config?

9. Offline

Egolfius

10. Offline

@Egolfius I find it pretty amazing that it is able to change the config. Never added that to it.

11. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower yeah, I don't really understand what's going on. I upload a file of 214 kb, boot up the server, and the file is now 210 kb. Sure enough the password I had is replaced with .inf

12. Offline

@Egolfius My plugin isn't changing files, only reading

13. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower Do you have any suggestions? I created another server with no other plugins and am still having the same error

14. Offline

15. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower http://pastebin.com/9XW9TSAG no other plugins installed, server was fully stopped, uploaded and then redownloaded file to make sure it contained password. The file now contains .inf

16. Offline

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.
    @Egolfius It seems that it isn't able to connect to your server.

17. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower Aside from the .inf, is everything formatted correctly?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  18. Offline

@Egolfius from what I can see now: yes.
    But please edit and remove the pastebin link, people can do bad stuff with the ip alone.

19. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower really, seems like a miscalculation by my server host then? That seems odd considering 3306 is a default port and it's hosted on the same ip as my server. I did change the database and username though.

20. Offline

@Egolfius And the ip, put the ip back to localhost.

21. Offline

Egolfius

@timtower I was wrong, they aren't the same

22. Offline

@Egolfius Found something while testing: is your minecraft server allowed to connect to the Mysql database?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.