Every person complaining about Bukkit not out yet, should donate.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Flenix, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Flenix

Simple idea:

Every person who is saying "WHAI BUKIT NOT OUT YEET?!!!?!!?!1!?!?!1!" Should donate $1 or £1 or 1CURRENCY to bukkit. That way at least they have a remote right to say that... it still doesn't help anything at all but hey, get Bukkit some extra cash and gives people a remote right to say it.

You guys, Bukkit is a FREE service. You don't pay for it (unless you donate, but thats not "paying" either) - so don't complain that they haven't updated within an hour, a day or even a week of Minecraft. They do this for free, in their own spare time, and rely on those donations to keep it going. They have lives too y'know... and updating Bukkit is no easy feat I can imagine. Most people posting those threads have never even looked at Java sourcecode - as my sig suggests I know VERY BASIC java but I know enough that it will take a long time of solid work to compile a new bukkit build for a new minecraft build.

Stop complaining and be patient. Either carry on running on 1.7.3, play vanilla 1.8 or take your server offline. I've started a new map for all the new features in 1.8, and we're working on it now. Why don't you do the same?

Oops, just realised I posted this in "help" instead of discussion! If a mod gets the chance please move it over?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  2. Offline

agafaba

TL; DR

3. Offline

Lolmewn

You should donate to me, you will receive some free sponges! Way more valueble ;)

Nathan C and Flenix like this.
  4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

5. Offline

Flenix

6. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

So two negatives cancel each other out. Yep!

7. Offline

chaseoes

What does donating have to do with Bukkit being updated for 1.8 faster?

Sure, it helps them out, but I don't see how it's going to change anything unless they pay someone to help them. :p

8. Offline

Flenix

It wont make any difference at all. I'm just trying to shut up the 12 year olds demanding everything for 5 minutes, and get Bukkit some extra cash at the same time :) Plus if Bukkit got $1 for each person who complained they'd get a fair bit of cash towards whatever donations go to :p

I get it ;)
    Proud to be at #1 though :D I hope people stop winging soon though.. its the one and only problem with minecraft: The kids who don't understand ANYTHING technical but run a server through one of those pre-setup companies. They ruin it a little for people who actually do stuff themselves and understand even the basic stuff, by flooding everywhere with complaints.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

It's called a reverse Ponzi scheme.

10. Offline

Flenix

11. Offline

Apachekiller

Smart dude. I'm stalking you man.

12. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

NO.

13. Offline

Flenix

14. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Seems legit.

15. Offline

aquaraider11

i have seen java source code and i have even tried to make some own mods that is why i don't ask when bukkit 1.8 comes out but i come every day here in a hope to see bukkit 1.8!

16. Offline

Lolmewn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.