Essentials signs

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ItzStrafezz, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ItzStrafezz

hi i have a server and i am trying to set-up the shop but no matter what i do i cant enable essentials signs! i tried removing the # and a whole lot of shit heres a pastebin of my config file http://pastebin.com/iStKi9Nc

2. Offline

Mr. Evil

I have the same problem. My signs don't work either.

3. Offline

RetroNuke

I had the same problem with non-op players being unable to use signs. The Essentials signs are buggy, I'm running Spigot 1.8. After wiping my server and starting from scratch, I noticed a temporary fix was removing my OP. I have no idea why that would effect anything, but it made warp signs clickable again for non-op players. Anyways.. that no longer is the fix, as I never OPed myself and the signs are back to their non-working state. I did install more plugins that may have bugged it again, but I'm not sure at which point that happened.

So, with all of this, my suggestion to you is to first take away your OP. If this doesn't work, you may have to redo your server and test the signs after each additional plugin you install. You may have to suffer with not having yourself or anyone else set as OP (Which is fine, because you can access most commands without it anyways. Very few commands / plugins require OP, and those can just be ran from the console instead.)

Unless someone can come up with a better solution..

4. Offline

ItzStrafezz

well ive tried that but even with all the plugins gone i cant use essentials signs still i even tried reinstalling essentials. still not working.... i really want my shop to be done

5. Offline

RetroNuke

@ItzStrafezz

I apologize that I can't be of any further assistance. I've tried to fix this error with no luck.
    Perhaps you can tell me what version you're running? Spigot or CraftBukkit?

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

@ItzStrafezz A work around would be to use ChestShop. It provides an "Admin Shop" which is the equivalent to an Essentials buy/sell sign. You can choose what it says at the top in the config. Another pro for this is that you can have buying and selling on the same sign :)

Plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chestshop/
    ChestShop Tutorial:

Good luck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.