Solved Essentials Config keeps reseting

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SenjuHD, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SenjuHD

http://pastebin.com/ASU5CBGm please can some one help me find out whats wrong i can find the error? I think it may be due to my kits, but I don't know how to fix them can anyone recode it for me please?

2. Offline

bobin17231

SenjuHD
    Ok wow your kits is the problem it starts from your redstone then skips to
    1. gdaily:
    then it keeps following under it.
    The spacing is wrong. make sure you compare it with the ranks on top.

3. Offline

SenjuHD

bobin17231 ok i re-done the names but I'm terrible with the spacing could you possibbly sort that out for me please because im new to the bukkit world :oops: http://pastebin.com/CygiB8LQ sorry about that the gdaily i changed it to golddaily and all the others to that was ment to be another kit you get when you purchase gold rank and edaily was ment for emerald daily ect

4. Offline

bobin17231

SenjuHD
    I will reply back within 24 hours. i am really busy in real life at the moment so when i get free time i will help. but if anyone else wants to do it. feel free :)

SenjuHD likes this.
  5. Offline

kungfuko

- 1 64 &7Stone
    Change that

6. Offline

SenjuHD

kungfuko done yet its still broken if any one could fix it yet keep the chest :D

7. Offline

lecraeman

After sitting here running this through a YAML parser 10 times and using a $70 code editing plugin with YAML syntax and 30 minutes later, I have fixed it:

http://pastebin.com/yg1FKL8w

There were TONS of errors...I will list a few(Can't remember them all):

• Kits Titles were not aligned.
    • Kits Items and Delays were not aligned.
    • Kits Items were not aligned.
    • Kits Delay Number was not correctly spaced from the Delay text.
    • Several Incorrectly Numbered Items.

Hopefully you will learn from this. You need to look at the kit ABOVE the kit you're working on and make sure it is aligned perfectly! You may also want to invest in getting Sublime Text...it's great for keeping things aligned!

I also noticed someone above said you had incorrectly done some items. If it says the kit is improperly defined then you have not done it right. This is the correct syntax for items with names:

- ITEM AMOUNT name:&aColored_Codes

Notice that you cannot put spaces there, you use "_" as a space in the name!

8. Offline

bobin17231

9. Offline

SenjuHD

bobin17231 lecraeman guys thanks so much you really helped ! now i cant get my server properly going !

10. Offline

lecraeman

Sorry man :( I feel kinda bad since I stole your thunder, but I was incredibly bored, and had nothing else to do.

Thanks ;) Please mark as solved!

11. Offline

SenjuHD

lecraeman bobin17231 ah man for some reason /kit obsidian says this kit is improperly defined contact an administrator ?
    i've looked through the kits and they seem to be right ? but that keeps coming up also for some reason players cant receive the full kit obsidian ? they only get both set's of armor and swords?

12. Offline

lecraeman

Let me take a look!

bobin17231 Maybe you can help ;)

I don't see anything wrong with those kits, but it says for him that they're improperly defined.

It's not a YAML issue it's a command syntax issue.

I don't see anything...do you?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
    SenjuHD likes this.
  13. Offline

SenjuHD

14. Offline

bobin17231

15. Offline

SenjuHD

16. Offline

lecraeman

17. Offline

bobin17231

lecraeman
    Thanks

SenjuHD
    You put fire aspect on a diamond axe in kit obsidian. Thats why ^^

lecraeman likes this.
  18. Offline

SenjuHD

bobin17231 lecraeman Guys thank you so much, you guys solved my problems :D thank's for all you're help

19. Offline

lecraeman

No Problemo :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.