Essentials Books Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by issaaccbb, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

issaaccbb

Hello!
    So I have essentials installed with some various other mods. I would like to make a kit that when used, provides the user with a written book about server rules and commands. I've seen it in various places like here.
    I would like to know how to make this book, where to put it and how to make the kit if possible. Or any one of those ;) If it can only be a command I am fine with that. Thanks

PS. if someone knows where books are stored that would be awesome.

2. Offline

CoolMK

Create the book in the book.txt file, that should be found in essential's folder.

3. Offline

issaaccbb

Okay, I have the file open. Do I just add a hashtag such as "#noobrules" and then the text?
    I assume you call it in game like: /book noobrules
    Is there a way to make it a book so the user has it in inventory?

4. Offline

CoolMK

Yes, though to spawn the book in game do "/i writtenbook 1 book:colors" change the book name to whatever you named yours in book.txt. To give it in a kit you'd add it like "- 387 1 book:Colors". Add other things like a book title with "title:randombook"

5. Offline

issaaccbb

Yes, the link I have posted above says that this should work. However, I get an "Enchantment not found" Every time I use the command.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

update essentials.

issaaccbb likes this.
  7. Offline

PapiDimmi

8. Offline

Necrodoom

9. Offline

issaaccbb

Oh you guys are awesome. I needed to update essentials. I was using 2.9.6 and now the commands work just fine. Thanks @necrodoom

PapiDimmi likes this.
  10. Offline

PapiDimmi

issaaccbb
    Yeah, you must always remember to update your plugins.

I did a huge mistake like you, and I had a years old Essentials version, and when I updated, I was like "OMG this is awesome :eek: :D"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.