Solved Essentials 1.8.8?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Blockhead7360, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Blockhead7360

Hello! I am trying to find essentials for 1.8.8. I can download for 1.8.0, but not 1.8.8! Can anyone help?

2. Offline

Bobcat00

3. Offline

Blockhead7360

@Bobcat00 that only supports 1.8.0

@Bobcat00 also, I tried switching back to 1.8.0, and nothing worked...

4. Offline

eyamaz

5. Offline

Blockhead7360

@eyamaz It doesn't work for me. But I also tried to go back down to 1.8.0, but essentials STILL does not work! It did a while ago, though :(

6. Offline

Boomer

What is the nature of your error in the startup log with that essentials version on it, as there is no version specifically for 1.8.8, and this is not a problem encountered by many other people....

You are assessing it wont work, but what information is that based on. Your assessment of "went back down to 1.8 and it stil doesnt work" perhaps meaning the server version to 1.8? -- could be a note of the fact that essentials requires Java 7 to launch the server for 1.8+ ... and if you're launching with version 6 java, that is why ess no work for you at all and gives errors in log.

There is not an apparent reason why it should suddenly not work on 1.8.8 as it was before... so if you have logs of errors to the contrary to show something that is intrinsic to the plugin version you have specifically not working for reasons outside of your control, please pastebin them

7. Offline

Blockhead7360

@Boomer ooooh. For some reason, I tried updating java to 1.8, but when it says I did successfully, I check the version and it says 1.6! Can someone help with this?

8. Offline

Boomer

it means you updated the web-browser java, but, you need to install the java to launch the server, and need to possibly re-direct the pathway for the java program to launch the server in your bat or startscript

Depending on your operating system, there are lots of resource pages out there to walk through installing java 7 or java 8 (either can be used) to launch minecraft server.

9. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

10. Offline

Bobcat00

It was updated for 1.8.3 and works perfectly fine with 1.8.8 on my server.

11. Offline

Blockhead7360

@Bobcat00 yeah. I think it is my Java version. I tried to update to 1.8, and it says update successful, but when I do "Java -version" in the terminal, it says 1.6.

I don't know how to fix this :(

12. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

13. Offline

Boomer

Necro - The official essentials not spigot, yes, we all know, we all get it.
    There is a version that was forked, and builds off the existing good name, and doesn't rewrite all their permissions and settings, and gloms off their success to patch it for those 1.8 versions... Shall we just call it "The plugin which shall not be named, which cast a scar upon a young programmer " etc?

The point being, the posters problem is that he needs to follow instructions to make his higher java versions launch his server to get "That plugin which shall not be named, which cast a scar upon a young programmer" to work correctly on his server, as it has been working for countless others.

I'm not team spigot by any means, myself, go sponge. Wont touch spigot, just from an ethical sense surrounding the whole thing. But "its not the official version" isn't the answer to the problem of why the plugin jar he has on his server isn't working.

14. Offline

Blockhead7360

@Boomer correct! However, even previous versions of Bukkit and "That plugin which shall not be named, which cast a scar upon a young programmer" still do not work for me on Java 1.6, even though they did before! That might be my own computer's error.

And can anyone tell me how to update Java (as my way is not working)? I have a Mac

15. Offline

Boomer

We could, but it wont be as helpful as you doing the research yourself. For such things, giving someone "a link" may be perfect and ideallly suited to a particular OS version, particular configuration, and written perfectly technically correct but not be understandable to someone.

Hence, you need to instead google the crap out of this, and look at different places to find instructions that you think you can follow, to find instructions that seem to apply to the OS version you have...

google the form of "minecraft server java 8 (myosX version) install" and variatiosn thereof; the minecraft is thrown in for the bonus of them showing what goes in the required launcher scripts, otherwise, its an optional term and variations thereforth with install java osxversion mac etc will get you in the right place

Perhaps you have indeed already, if you say that NOW you cant seem to run the servers in 1.6 java either (i don tknow if this means you have errors for other pruposes making it look like something isnt working, or have errors in the java command that prevent the server from even launching - if the latter, then thats prob cause you haven't rewritten the command line in the launcher script to point to the new java folder file, and the java 6 was uninstalled as part of the upgrading process...

I dont know, dont have a mac, dont know what you've done and haven't done. Only you do.
    But yeah, sad to say, on this matter - you really have to find the answer yourself, otherwise, i'll just google the terms and give you the first page anyways, youlll come back and say 'couldn't make it work / didn't understand / wasn't applicable|" so i ll post the second it, you'll then say "I dont have x on my system, i can't do the second step" then finally now i have info to change the google search, give you another link, and you then reply back "I couldn't understand step 5, my system doesn't have that folder"

This is a process that happens only a few ten million times a year, java being installed on a system, and people having to do some work to install it - so there are about 10 thousand flavors of pages out there to describe your system and walk you through the process. If no one process does the job, perhaps you notice a 'trend' between a few of them, and can inferr 'ah, it doesn't have to be exactly xyz folder, that guy has xzy, the other has zay, the other has ayz, mine is likely this zya folder, ill try that...' and you confidently move forward.

16. Offline

Bobcat00

I don't know anything about Macs, but I would suggest uninstalling the old versions. If they're not on your machine, they can't be run, right?

17. Offline

oceantheskatr

18. Offline

Blockhead7360

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
  19. Offline

Binner_Done

Please mark as solved :p

20. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yay!! If your Essentials works, then make sure to mark your thread as solved! Look at the red link in my signature for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.