Solved Error with /baltop

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Iroh, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Iroh

Hello All,
    I would like to give me users access to /baltop, however it displays balances that do not exists, I reset the economy (deleted iconomy files) and now /baltop still shows peoples old balances. Any ideas on how to update /baltop?
    Plugins Related to Eco: Essentails - IConomy - ChestShop - Vault
    -Iroh

2. Iroh
    Have you tried resetting Essentials economy files?

3. Offline

Necrodoom

Iroh probably unupdated essentials eco files, these will update once an eco action will happen, either wait or do /eco reset ** 0

4. Offline

Iroh

Where are they? I use iconomy. The essentilas I have installed are : essentials.jar essentialschat essentialsgm essentialsspawn.
    Would that reset everyone's balance as well?

5. Offline

Necrodoom

yes.

6. Offline

Iroh

But since I don't have essentials eco installed (it is a separate plugin isn't it) should iconomy be storing balances?

7. Offline

jerry98765

Yes, but Essentials can hook into different economy plugins by my understanding and store there money in userdata so it might help to reset Essentials Balances too. Also, I don't mean to give unwanted advice but part of your problem is that Iconomy is terribly outdated (but I suppose still working). Perhaps you might be better using another plugin, some can even automatically convert all your data from Iconomy. Changing to a new economy plugin make also solve your problem. Fe Economy, BOSEconomy, CraftConomy, MineConomy, and more should all provide a nice easy alternative with similar commands

8. Offline

Iroh

I am fine switching plugins (I know its old but really with an economy plugin does it matter). Which would grab my essentials eco data and convert? Also really no solution besides deleting ess user data?

9. Offline

jerry98765

Mineconomy was made specifically as an alternative to Iconomy so everything should be almost exactly the same just with more features, it very heavy in usage for an economy plugin though. It also has full Iconomy conversion support, ect. BOSEconomy is a little bit lighter weight with less features and while it does have Iconomy conversion, sometimes it doesn't work. Fe economy is even lighter weight than BOSE if you just want a standard economy plugin with no bells and whistle and also has full Iconomy conversion support that works very well. CraftConomy is probably about the same resource usage as BOSEconomy and also has and Iconomy conversion support. Anyways, Id just look over that list, it really depends on what features you want in your economy plugin. I'm not sure if there is another solution besides deleting ess user data, id try updating first and see what happens.

10. Offline

Bobcat00

Necrodoom convinced me to switch from iConomy to Essentials Economy, and it was simple. Everything is working fine. See http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Essentials_Economy particularly "Converting to Essentials Economy". All I had to do was run /baltop, wait for iConomy to finish (since it's horribly slow), shut down, remove iConomy, and restart. All user balances were automatically transferred to Essentials Economy.

You do NOT reset any user data!

I also added Vault at the same time.

Essentials Economy is included in the main Essentials plugin. It's not a separate file.

11. Offline

Iroh

This won't work because I have essentials.jar installed and wanted to use /baltop in conjunction with iconomy. /baltop is giving me balances that are NOT from iconomy as they didn't change when I reset iconomy.
    Thank you for the info, I think I will go with Mineoconomy or BOSE after I get the other question worked out.

12. Offline

Necrodoom

Iroh again, essentialseco will use the correct balance once the player goes ingame and does an eco action. if you want to force reset it for views, use /eco reset ** 0 command.
    also, what are you looking to do that you cant do with esseconomy? remember it attaches to vault fine.

13. Offline

Iroh

Ok I reset economy and am now just using essentials economy. SOLVED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.