Error trying to move server to a new computer

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Minichiz, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Minichiz

@Banana937 Ok well I just tried to put it on Pastie, but all that did was tell me the file was more than 64kb... what happens is its loading the plugins then theres a pause and it starts shooting out errors, and then it goes back to the plugins, and when its done theres more errors.

2. Offline

Banana937

Put CODE in brackets before the server.log, then /CODE in brackets after it (in a comment).

3. Offline

Minichiz

Is there a way I could just send you the whole file, like through email? Because it's 227kb which seems quite extreme... When I tried doing the code thing, it froze the computer and I had to end Internet Explorer.

4. Offline

Banana937

Did you delete the server.log and have it create a new one?

5. Offline

Minichiz

Ya and it generated a 227kb file, but I'll try it again ok?

6. Offline

Banana937

Alright.

7. Offline

Minichiz

@Banana937 Ok I deleted the server file and then ran the server again, and now after the plugins are done loading, its not shooting errors out at rapid speed, but its kind of controlled and shooting them in short bursts. This caused the file to only make an 87kb file this time, so it's way smaller. What do you think I should do with it now?

8. Offline

Banana937

Try posting the on pastie or in CODE tags here. If it doesn't let you, I'll allow you to email them.

9. Offline

Minichiz

@Banana937 Ok well I just tried and it said I couldn't post anything with over 30000 characters. Looks like it's emailing time...

@Banana937 Ok you can remove your email from the post now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  10. Offline

Banana937

@Minichiz -- My recommendation:

Write down all of your plugins on a .txt document, then delete all of them and reinstall all of them.

11. Offline

Minichiz

Could you explain a bit more of why I should write down and reinstall? Because I tried that last time I tried putting it on the desktop and it didn't work, but I'm willing to try again. Also I'd be able to dump a few plugins that I don't use.

12. Offline

Banana937

Changed my mind -- look at my newest thread in the Bukkit Help forums. It explains exactly what you should do.

13. Offline

Minichiz

@Banana937 Ok thanks I'll try it but if it doesn't work should I post on here or on your new forum?

14. Offline

Banana937

Post here please.

15. Offline

Minichiz

@Banana937 I removed all the plugins but I'm still getting one error saying it can't find craftbukkit 1000, but I'm using 1060. Do you know if this is because I used an installer to install it for me and it was possibly made to install 1000 not 1060?

16. Offline

Banana937

Hm -- maybe... Do you want me to help you make a new server (Without using an installer) on your PC?

17. Offline

Minichiz

Would I still be able to keep like my worlds and stuff? So that I could just redo everything but people couldn't tell the difference before and after?

18. Offline

Banana937

Definitely -- it's best we bring this up in a Conversation as opposed to on a forum thread, however, because the thread will keep being bumped.

19. Offline

Minichiz

Ok then. you can start the conversation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.