Endermen & Silverfish

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dakoslug, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dakoslug

Build 1185, Windows 7 Sp1 my computer arch is x64(64-bit)
    1.7.0 Java x64

I can't seem to find them both.
    I'm using the same map from 1.7.3.
    Must i re-do my entire map and make a new one 1.8?
    Or is this just a bug thats gonna be fixed later?
    What should i do?
    Monster Eggs don't work and i don't find Endermen.
    Help?
    Thanks!

2. Offline

vapid2323

Post your bukkit build/read the red post.

3. Offline

dakoslug

Updated sorry :)

4. Offline

Rwembee

They will probably only spawn on new maps, you DON'T have to erase your map, just go out far enough to an unexplored edge, and you'll start getting new areas generated. Or get a multiworld manager and make a new one and some portals to go between(xcraftgate or multiverse)

Silverfish spawn from specific blocks, found out by using toomanyitems to give myself one of the stone brick, and it popped out.

5. Offline

dakoslug

Is there some program, where i can sorta like copy and paste my world into a new world (1.8.1)

6. Offline

Rwembee

You mean move your buildings/creations?

The chunk generator will only generate NEW style world now, so if you go out far enough in your current world, it will start making the new land with the new style.

It's easier to just gen a new world, especially with a multi world manager like I said. If you have any buildings, you can use something like worldedit to copy them and paste them into the new.

7. Offline

dakoslug

okay so with WorldEdit all i have to do is copy and paste right? So if i were to do that, WorldEdit would make the 1.8.1 and not recognize them and 1.7.3 blocks?

8. Offline

Rwembee

The blocks don't matter, chunks do. Worldedit would let you cut or copy a building you really really want to save, and move it to anywhere you want. You would then need Xcraftgate or Multiverse to make a new world, warp there and paste the building.

And again, you could keep your current map, and just go far enough out to start generating new chunks.

9. Offline

dakoslug

Okay, so how would I go about this?
    I will make a new world. Then I will somehow take my old world into my new?
    Would I need two instances the server or something?
    Mcedit or something?

10. Offline

Rwembee

I'm confused, do you want to keep your current terrain too, or just the buildings?

11. Offline

dakoslug

I guess sorta both, because in some of my buildings my terrain is important. Is their really no way I can somehow like put Endermen and Silverfish on my server spawn list or something xD?

12. Offline

Rwembee

Well, you need to find a plugin that will regenerate all chunks in a specific way, or copy a large area else all your buildings and terrain will vape.

also, MAKE A BACKUP/copy! I'm sure there's a plugin that can do something, chunkregen could work, but it would be very tedious and there has to be others.

check this out, no idea if it works. remember COPY/BACKUP first! :)
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fi...tures-of-mc-updates-only-run-once-1060.22184/
    Edit: It auto does all worlds it seems. It's a bit rough, definitely need to set the configs. I see endermen, not sure about strongholds(for silverfish) or towns. May need chunkregen to clean up some leftovers.

Otherwise get worldedit and copy the whole area(dont know its limits) and paste it in a new world.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  13. Offline

dakoslug

Okay willl do thanks!
    For all you're help and listening to my stupid questions. :D

Okay so me nd my moderators, we haven't seen enders and silverfish dont spawn.
    Interesting..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

Rwembee

I had to fly for a bit to see an enderman, it may not work so well. Silverfish WILL NOT SPAWN unless you break a block i think is only found in strongholds. Looks like 97 or 98, or a sub version of those blocks.

You may just need to do a worldedit/mcedit copy your whole town/parts you want onto a new world.

15. Offline

dakoslug

Yeah, we spawned some Monster Eggs (id 97)
    Still none. :/
    So all I needa do ise make a new 1.8.1 map, then copy and paste into new world and everything will work fine?

16. Offline

Rwembee

Using Toomanyitems client mod, I gave myself #97 the stone block, and it spawns silverfish on an old map when using a pickaxe to break them in normal mode.

A complete new world is the best way to assure you get the features. The building/area import shouldnt affect anything because its just creating blocks.

But, you need to remember 1.9 will be coming sometime soon and another world will be needed.

17. Offline

dakoslug

OH NOES. Oh yes 1.9.
    Interesting on a old map?
    Somethings obviously wrong here...
    Okay so we'll make a new map and area import.
    And we should do the same in 1.9. Thanks :D

From Bukkit twitter
    http://j.mp/mYpCLf - Added MonsterEggs materialdata - Dinnerbone

What the...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.