End Credits

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by maxben34, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

maxben34

I was testing the ability to send the end game credits to a player with the animation lib. I came across an impossible sounding idea, but it may be possible based on how the credit packet is sent....
    Is there anyway that the message inside the end credits can be changed? (Can somebody make an API to do this?) I doubt it, but I guess it's worth asking :3.

2. Offline

sgavster

I honestly do not think it's possible, the file for the credits is located in your minecraft folder ;)

3. Offline

maxben34

That's what I was thinking... I just thought it would be awesome if it could happen xD.

4. Offline

sgavster

maxben34 man, yea it'd be awesome! I'm following this thread, some devs blow my mind. :p

5. Offline

maxben34

My goal as a plugin developer is to create things never seen or thought to be done before in minecraft, so in my mind, it's really about seeing how far we can stretch certain minecraft features within our code.

sgavster likes this.
  6. Offline

mattrick

That'd actually be a cool feature. If Mojang included the end credits with the server when a client connected....imagine.....

7. Offline

maxben34

You can currently send end credits to a player... were halfway there... hopefully the plugin api will have stuff like this :3... that is if no genius can figure out how to get this working with what we have xD.

8. Offline

mattrick

Maybe force a texture pack on the player, that is the same, just with a different end credits file?

9. Offline

maxben34

I don't believe you can force texture packs.

10. Offline

mattrick

You can kick players if they deny it.

11. Offline

maxben34

Say goodbye to the playerbase I don't have yet.

mattrick16 likes this.
  12. Offline

mattrick

Lol. But thats working with what we have......

13. Offline

maxben34

Yea :3. Maybe somebody has a better idea. I think that customizability should be a normality and a simple thing to implement for many features within plugins in the future.

14. Offline

Jake0oo0

I think removing the credits it's kind of unfair to the original developers of the game..

NathanWolf and xTrollxDudex like this.
  15. Offline

_Filip

Can't you just teleport the player to the end novel the end portal?

Also I've done it with packets before, it's really not all that innovative/difficult.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  16. Offline

Chinwe

It seems the server just sets the boolean viewingCredits to true and then sends them a Player70Bed packet - and changing the credits file wouldn't be (intentionally) possible with the mod api :oops:

17. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Comphenix
    No brainer

18. Offline

Garris0n

Doesn't look like you can, and I don't even think you can change it in a language/resource pack, but I'm not positive. On the other hand, TIL that (at least in the 1.7 protocol) you can send the client the demo screen.

19. Offline

calebbfmv

I have tested with this before, but the only way to do it is to modify the file of credits itself, and there is currently no way to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.