- Encourage Player Referral -

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gustebeast, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Offline

gustebeast

I run a server and i want to get more people. The best idea i can think of is to encourage the people themselves to advertise for me! Thats why i need this plugin. Heres the plugin in a nutshell.
    Someone types in a command like /invite (player name) BEFORE the player joins the server. Then if that person does join the inviter gets a configured item. So essentially, the players get rewards for inviting people to the server. Heres how it would work.
    Plugin makes a config file that has... ItemId=[] and maybe Ammount=[] and maybe some other nodes. Then the plugin creates a flat file that does this. When I type in game /invite dark42. It edits the file and makes an entry like so... gustebeast::dark42::0 This goes playername::invitename::0=person has not joined yet, 1=person has joined game. So if it =1 then the person would no longer get any reward. It would also check the file when the person inputs the command. So if some other guy types /invite dark42 after I do, it would deny them. Finally, if possible, it would only give the reward if the person joined for the first time, but thats not necessary cause i could just copy over names. Please reply whether you can or cannot make this plugin :) thank you.

sorry for the huge wall of text :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016