Filled Emerald Drops + Fun idea

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DatCookiez, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Offline

DatCookiez

Hello Guys!

I was after a very very simple plugin and all it does is drop emeralds from a player!
    Now, it a player drops emeralds according to how many EXP levels they have.
    If a player has 0 => EXP levels; then the player drops 6 emeralds
    20 => EXP levels; 20 emeralds
    40 => EXP levels; 60 emeralds
    60 => EXP levels; 100 emeralds
    80 => EXP levels; 150 emeralds
    100 => EXP levels; 250 emeralds

Now, when a payer drops these emeralds, they do not all go together, like in the current versions we have, but instead when they drop, they drop in clumps of 2. So if a player were killed and they had 0 exp. Then their emeralds would drop from their body and there would be 3 piles of emeralds, each containing 2 in each pile. (If you can understand where I am coming from now?)

Thanks, I am in no rush to have it. :)

2. Offline

Brixishuge

I'm not sure I truly understand your request. Can you be more precisive? Do you want plugin which will drop emeralds instead of experience orbs, or plugin which drops emeralds to killer regarding of exp levels victim had?

3. I'm not sure if you can prevent items from auto-stacking. Is there a flag that Bukkit can access to do so?

4. Offline

Brixishuge

Maybe making it like seperate new ItemStack and dropping it around player location?

5. The game should still gather them together, though.

I'll take a look once I've got some free time.

6. Offline

DatCookiez

Brixishuge Someguyfromcrowd
    The plugin will drop x amount of emeralds depending on THEIR EXP Level (the person who was killed).

7. Offline

TomTheDeveloper

Someguyfromcrowd You can prevent this with reflection. There is only one issue. If you prevent this, the player will only be able to stack 2 emeralds.

8. TomTheDeveloper For some reason, I've never really understood reflection. Can you briefly describe how that would work?

9. Offline

TomTheDeveloper

Someguyfromcrowd It's not that easy to explain. But when you use reflection, you override a method from craftbukkit.jar.

I know it is possible. I did it a long time ago, but I can't remember the code. I also remember that it was very easy to do this. Good luck with making this plugin!

10. TomTheDeveloper Ah, that's right. I really must study that sometime.

One possible workaround would be to make the emeralds rain down from the air. I'm reasonably sure they won't merge until they land (must experiment with that).

11. Offline

bossomeness

I think the items automatically merge when they are within a block or so of each other. Maybe you could scatter the emeralds when they drop. So when a player dies, the emeralds he/she drops are scattered randomly within a 4-5 block radius.

12. Offline

Famous Guy

13. Offline

DatCookiez

Famous Guy Sorry that's not really what I'm looking for :p

14. Offline

Mathias Eklund

So, what you want is for when a player dies, he drops emeralds depending on his XP level? And it should stack up to 2 in one stack? I don't quite understand the stacking part.

15. Offline

AndyMcB1

I'm /almost certain/ you cannot prevent the items auto stacking and it's client side rendering.

16. Offline

DatCookiez

Mathias Eklund AndyMcB1
    Yse correct, but the stacking part only comprehends for when a player drops the item. Remember back in the old versions when items never used to stack when dropped. I'm thinking of making the emeralds do that, but stack p to 64 again once it's picked up

AndyMcB1 Mathias Eklund
    You know what. Don't worry about this idea of the items dropping in two's. It'll cause much lag. :)

17. realiez If that's not an issue, then the rest of the plugin should be quite easy to write. I'll see if I can get it done in the next few hours.

18. Offline

DatCookiez

19. [quote uid=90713254 name="realiez" post=1973440]Someguyfromcrowd Sure thing. Thanks[/quote]

realiez I've finished the plugin. You can get it <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

The readme should explain everything about configuring the plugin. You can set the base number of emerald drops as well as the number of drops per level. There aren't any in-game commands as of yet, so there aren't any permissions either.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  20. Offline

DatCookiez

21. Offline

Mathias Eklund