/effect notification

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iSayCr4pAlot, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Offline

iSayCr4pAlot

Hi, i run a hub server, and i made it so whenever players get on a pressure plate, (they spawn on the pressure plate), they get a potion effect, via command block using /effect. The problem is, whenever someone enters the pressure plates, it sends all ops a notification saying "[@: Given <effect> (ID: effectid#) * 3 to <player who entered pressure plate> for <x amount of seconds>]. This is really annoying me. The only way to disable this, is by deopping myself, but I find that highly annoying, going all the way to multicraft, and typing "op isaycr4palot" every time i need to be opped. I need a plugin to disable this notification. Also, you might be seeing this in Bukkit Help also, because when i get deopped, i dont receive the notification anymore, so i can negate a permission that i have, to disable the notification. Thanks in advanced.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

iSayCr4pAlot As far as I am concerned the server just checks if the player is OP, workaround: permissions plugin

3. Offline

ejzz

iSayCr4pAlot The pressure plate system is not a good system because only one person can trigger it at a time. I can make you a quick plugin that just gives the player an effect when the player logs in, if you want.

4. Offline

iSayCr4pAlot

ejzz I use @a[radius=20], thus, it makes it ok.

5. Offline

ejzz

iSayCr4pAlot Yeah, but if someone AFKs at spawn and keeps standing on the pressure plate, no one will be able to get the effect.

6. Offline

iSayCr4pAlot

ejzz Afk Auto kick, every 10 minutes at hub, potion effect is 15 minutes.
    Nervermind, players dont even need to be afk for this to happen. Well, i might just use a repeater and attach a comparator to turn on/off the effect system.

7. Offline

Mohammadtr

Let's fix his point. No plugin needed, just type in: /gamerule CommandBlockOutput false
    Goodbye.

8. Offline

iSayCr4pAlot

ejzz Ok, now, whenever someone steps on the pressure plate, it activates a redstone clock, with use of a redstone comparator. Thus, every 3 seconds while someone is on the pressure plate, it gives the buff to everyone 25 blocks away from the pressure plate.

Mohammadtr that gamerule doesnt exist.
    Nevermind. Thanks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016