Editing /help to include more commands.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bloq, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bloq

I've added a lot of plugins to my server, but there's just one thing.

I forget what plugins I have, since the /help list does not include them! I'm not sure if the /help list is default in Bukkit or it's from the Essentials plugin, but I really want to change the list of commands to add the new ones!

I never had this problem with hMod as it'd always update the list, but Bukkit is looking like an equal replacement, especially at this stage.

2. Offline

c0mp

There are a few plugins that provide the /help command, I personally use General, but I think Essentials does as well. The General plugin has a help configuration file where you can manually specify what commands do what. There's an OPTION in general for it to somehow automatically add commands; I've never used it but it can apparently get a bit ugly with that option set. Best bet is to manually add what you want to appear in /help.

3. Offline

lawina

I had the same problem. Use MCDocs plugin, it allows you to set the output to any command. You can make your own custom /help output (it also supports pages like /help 2, /help 3 etc.)

4. Offline

Bloq

What do you mean by manually editing in the command? I can't seem to find any /help list in any of the files I've opened... with Essentials anyway.

I don't think I have any other plugin that has edited /help tbh :/

5. Offline

c0mp

With the General plugin, which is a watered-down Essentials, everything that shows up when you type /help in-game can be edited in a file named general.help. So when you add a new plugin, and you want to document the commands of that plugin for your users, you edit the general.help file to include that command along with a brief description.

I looked through the documentation for Essentials and didn't see anything about being able to modify the /help info, perhaps that's not user-configurable output, but hard-coded with only Essential commands, or generated on-the-fly? As I said, I've never used that particular plugin, so I don't know how it works. You MAY need to either drop Essentials for another plugin to be able to edit your /help, or check with the author of Essentials to see if that's something that can easily be made configurable, if it's not already.

6. Offline

Bloq

Ah right, thank you! I'll post on his thread for help :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.