[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Yggy

I have not seen this error, and I run 5 worlds. I can also spawn creatures and creatures naturally spawn where they are supposed to. I would assume that you are running the latest versions of WorldGuard and MultiVerse?

3. Offline

DrBowe

What about portals in general, then?
    I have .mv and .tp set, currently.

4. Offline

bogboom

It's the updated Iconomy.. He said he fixed it, but I can't find the updated .jar

5. Wow, I really did not state that well at all! What I meant to say:
    "iConomy fix is on git. Since you are not the first person to ask about this, I will put a notice that an iConomy fix is coming soon"

Sorry about the confusion
    Yea I believe this to be correct.

Since 2+ people have asked, I'll put an ALPHA build in the OP. The reason I have not pushed it is because it requires a non RB version of craftbukkit (755+ to be exact) and it is NOT compatable with iConomy 4. If you want to run non-RB go ahead, but keep in mind, a non-RB may break your other plugins, make babys cry or create a wormhole the size of Montana in your front lawn.

6. Offline

Haekon

Same deal.

I downloaded fresh copies, and removed the old folders with my settings for each plugin, then restarted.

Everything's good at this point. I /mvimport my 2 alternate worlds, one Nether and one Normal. Both go quick, no problem.

I stop the server and start it again.

Same error.

Check the recent pages of the WG thread...there's at least 3 other people with the same problem. They, like me, reported there first because the error is flagged as WorldGuard, and not MV.

I've also tried screwing around with MV's configs, turning mobs and creatures off/on in different combinations. No luck.

7. Offline

timtotal

Hello, I really enjoy this plugin, because now I can have multiple worlds, but now my question is, it's probably not a question about this plugin, but it contains a problem with the multiworlds: I want to make a world, where people can have fun and have all items (no tnt ;) ), but I don't want that when they teleport back to the normal serverworld, they have the items that they got in the fun world.
    I want to create independent inventory in each world, so they cant take their building material from the fun world to the normal world, is this anyhow possible?

8. Offline

Jotakob

am i just stupid or why don't i find the .zip download?

9. Offline

Maxis010

MultiInv
    You can determine which worlds share inventories in case you want multiple survival or creative worlds later on

10. Offline

ledhead900

Anyone care to remind me how to setup the blacklist on worlds again with a group.

I know it was something like g:groupname but im not 100% on it.

11. Nope, there is no zip download. Zip downloads are useless as they just introduce an additional layer when automating updating (such as wget), there is a jar linked in the OP under downloads.

12. Offline

Psycho Robot

+1 to this. One dev had their plugin avaliable as only a .zip download, no jar only link. And what was in the .zip? Nothing but a single jar. He zipped a jar. I told him to uh... be less stupid. But he gave some bizarre excuse as to why he wouldn't. I uninstalled his plugin just for that.

13. Offline

Syrena

does anyone know to add groups to the world not players just the groups ive got Owner Administrator Mod and Member so far i want to add those groups to the world anyway to do that for world whitelist?? if so can someone show me an example world.yml

14. Offline

Psycho Robot

You can make a world have different permissions by creating a new permissions yml file and retitling it to the world you want those permissions to apply to.

15. Offline

Jotakob

yeah i know, but i don't find my configuration files...

16. Run MV for the first time, it will create the default ones for ya :)

As a side note, I will be traveling this next week and will have very spotty internet, so I leave you all for a week in the capable hands of all the others who are helping out!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  17. Offline

ARasputin

Something strange I wanted to point out, but Multiverse appears to break my Redstone, Diodes, Buttons and Pressure Plates.

I unloaded all plugins first to see if it was a minecraft or bukkit issue, then I re-enabled each plugin one at a time. Everything worked perfectly and my redstone circuits were unbroken, my pressure plates worked and my buttons worked until I got to Multiverse.

My plugins list:

WorldEdit
    Commandbook
    Worldguard
    Magic Carpet
    xAuth
    MyHome
    Permissions
    HeroChat
    (and if it didn't cause such a terrible issue) MultiVerse

edit: I don't know if this is specific to Multiverse or a clash between one plugin AND MV, but I haven't the time to test each plugin combination right now. If it comes down to that I can do so tomorrow.

Edit Number Two: I am terribly sorry, it looks like the issue is caused by Commandbook when you use the Time command, not Multiverse.

18. Offline

Schlumpfpirat

When will the CREATURE_SPAWN error be fixed?
    http://pastie.org/1871494
    I know it's a WorldGuarderror but it's caused by MultiVerse

19. Offline

Jotakob

my bad, forgot to update the file path in filezilla and thus didn't see it :rolleyes:

20. Offline

Syrena

im just talking about what groups can enter portal and who cant like adding groups to white-list so they can enter it and who cant

21. Offline

Klausar

I always get this:

2011-05-07 17:33:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:298) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:242) at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:130) at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

22. Offline

Jorrdan

I recently got 2 new plugins, this and performance tweaks. Apparantly now i get the following error whenever i go afk from my computer. If anyone knows what this is, i would be very appreciative.

Code:
    01:14:40 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unk
    nown Source)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at java.util.AbstractCollection.removeAll(Unknown Source
    )
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.removeEntities(Chunk.java:
    476)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks
    (ChunkProviderServer.java:224)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1450)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:361)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:285)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:394)
    01:14:40 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
            at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.AbstractCollection.removeAll(Unknown Source)
            at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.removeEntities(Chunk.java:476)
            at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderSe
    rver.java:224)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1450)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    01:16:17 [INFO] Read timed out
    01:19:57 [INFO] Connection reset
    01:20:22 [INFO] Read timed out
    01:21:37 [INFO] Read timed out
    01:24:09 [INFO] Read timed out
    01:24:40 [INFO] Read timed out
    02:15:06 [INFO] Read timed out
    02:42:14 [INFO] Read timed out
    02:47:24 [INFO] Read timed out
    03:23:40 [INFO] Read timed out
    03:25:59 [INFO] Read timed out
    03:27:25 [INFO] Read timed out
    03:28:05 [INFO] Connection reset
    03:37:10 [INFO] Read timed out

23. Offline

Expatcat

I cant seem to get the pay for portals working... I have it set to True in the multiverse.yml, and the price for a portal set to 5000 in the portals.yml, but it's still free and nothing happens.

24. Offline

Psycho Robot

Its possible that multiverse hasn't been updated for iconomy 5.0. They changed their such and such... and some technical so and so... and the result of that is that plugins have to change the way they hook into iconomy.

25. Offline

Blucid

Would it be possible to add a feature where you can restrict players from entering certain portals?
    For example I understand you have a Owner option for the portals is there a way I can add who can use it based on permissions?

Either via Group or Username. That would be great, if it doesn't already exist?

26. Offline

Colby l

Speaking of permissions, I get an Error message when i first try to create the second world.
    Permission is not Enabled,or hasn't been found
    I went through my permissions and added the correct permissions commands.

27. Offline

Weirdo327

Whenever i try to use ANY commands, it says "you do not have the rights to access this command" any tips?

28. Offline

Schlumpfpirat

PLEASE! FIX CREATURE_SPAWN BUG! -.-

29. Offline

Kainzo

More than likely you are using Iconomy 5.0 - the last I checked it supports 4.6

30. I have a (probably really stupid) question that I'm hoping someone can answer, or at least point me in the right direction. And I apologize if this has already been answered someplace obvious.

Since MV doesn't liek world names that contain spaces, I've put my world's "real" names into the alias tag in the config file(s). How do I use/expose this to other mods (such as CommandBook, MultiInv, etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

31. Offline

DrBowe

Is it possible to set it so only certain people can use certain portals? I saw 'whitelistng/blacklisting', but I can't find how to do it.