[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Itssnowing

You have to show MV which area you're creating a portal in, then run through the commands.

3. Offline

Amin Azman

i have set mobs: false, but monsters still spawning in my world..

4. Offline

mooztik

strange bug. when i use portals to move to world to nether, or nether to world, cubes around the target position is not rendered.
    a big hole around me .

same situation for spawn points or portal spawns
    2011-04-05_14.03.26.png
    i can't move. elements nether be rendered.
    only solution is to disconnect and reconnect to server

currently searching if it's a bukkit plugin conflict or modloader problem

restart from clean minecraft client, removed all plugins exept multiverse and groupmanager.

same bug.

i m using
    -bukkit 617
    -groupmanager 1.0 a5
    -multiverse 1.6

5. Offline

Rigby90

https://github.com/Rigby90/MultiVerse-/tree/dthielke

You can try that, it should be 1.5 updated with the new Events and such and added in the PlayerSession check which should of been there before... unless I'm getting mixed up with MV-Core. ermm not had time to test it or release yet.

Feel free to check it out, otherwise I'll check later on tonight.

That would be a bug with how Bukkit is teleporting or how minecraft is sending chunks etc.

The plugin itself wouldn't be doing this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  6. I'll test it out in a few minutes!

7. Offline

Kevinskie555

I have one world with - and one without item spawning,
    However, when someone is in the spawning world, he can still /give items to the other world.
    Is there any workaround for that, or are you planning to make something like that? ( I'm using Essentials for item spawning, btw)

8. Offline

Chris Lewis

@fernferret
    Let me know what you find, and if you push an update send me the link so i can test it with the permission problem i was having, thanks ahead of time ;)

9. this is a permissions issue with essentials. Don't give your users permission to the /give command, have them use /item instead. Item only allows people to give to themselves

EDIT: @Rigby90 I have issued a pull request, all looks good, and I tested most of the functionality (this plugin does so much!), only errors seemed to be from a merge.

10. Offline

Rigby90

ta, yeh was messing around with git and got fed up in the end so just pushed what was there. Resulted in the merge screwing up.

Thanks for the pull request and testing as well, I assume it's safe to build and bump up to 1.6.2?

11. Offline

Mentioum

I also have this issue whilst using MV with Wormhole Xtreme.

I know about the bukkit bug... however this seems a little different than the bug I'm familiar with. Also I'm pretty sure but I haven't had that issue for a long time now?
    What's strange is it only happens in "between world" transport not when doing "within world" transport.
    Also it doesnt seem like the whole chunk is effected and loads from the outside in like before. It is a much smaller area... and doesnt seem to load at all.

No errors appear in the console at all. Tried in several locations with several different worlds. Just double checking that this isnt just a mistake in your code, or if you could give me more detail as to this bukkit bug. Could it be WX? It doesn't happen within one world so I thought it would be better to ask you first.

If it really is a bukkit bug... i hope they fix it next recommended release!

12. Definitely!

I found a very strange issue with 1.6, WolfPound (my plugin .7) and MultiInv that caused mobs not to spawn, but it seems to be fixed in 1.6.2 of MV!

I've had some trouble with WHX lately also, but I did notice a bunch of commits going into Bukkit and CraftBukkit involving chunk loading...

13. Offline

kalner123456

is it ok if I make a video and PM you link?

Well i dont know how to PM so here is link

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

Kevinskie555

I might ask too much, but I would still like the others to give stuff to players in the spawn world, because not all members can spawn stuff.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

No. We can only help people who help us help them.

Uh, wait, wait, don't you think it could really be saying "coordinates", which would mean he has to use the portal tool to select the portal?

What itssnowing said will work just fine, and is preferable if you want to have different permissions in each world. However, if you want all worlds to have the same permissions, put just this in your config file for the other worlds:
    Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies: world
    (Replace "world" with the name of your default world, and leave world.yml with the regular config stuff in it.)

You can also combine the two methods if you want most of the permissions to be the same.

16. Offline

Lolmewn

ElgarL likes this.
  17. Offline

Chris Lewis

Getting this error from my server now... using CB 617 and 1.6 of this build (not 1.6.2... still trying to find a link for this...)

18. Rigby hasn't built the official yet, but if you're feeling brave, you could build from source! I'm sure the Jar will be up later. I would build it myself, but I don't know if there are other changes that will make it in.

19. Offline

Chris Lewis

nah, im not brave ;) but i will keep an eye open thanks

20. Offline

Itssnowing

I was thinking he had set the portal area already. I haven't gotten that error before, so I was kinda assuming he had made the mistakes I had made. (He was making one I hadn't.)

(Did this post even make sense? I'm tired :B)

Ok, I know what you're doing now.
    Take a wooden pickaxe and left click on the top right corner of the portal.
    Then right click on the bottom left corner of the portal.
    Then run through the commands.

Keep these things in mind though:
    It will not make another portal on the other side.
    To get back, you'll have to type /mvtp p:Netherportal OR make another portal. (With a different name!)
    You don't need to stand inside of it to make it. If you do, you'll be teleported right away.
    There won't be any fancy nether portal purple stuff in the portal, if you want that, you'll have to use fire. This isn't necessary, you only have to do it if you want purple stuff.
    Making another portal ANYWHERE in the overworld with the destination w:Nether will take you to the same spot as that first portal. MV doesn't scale worlds.

21. Offline

kalner123456

well i got the createing portal thing down. just dont know how to go through?

22. Offline

zorphon

For some reason MV stopped working altogether for me, the commands don't do anything anymore.

23. Offline

Itssnowing

You walk into it.

24. Offline

Waffletastic

My mobs keep returning back into my main world. help! No matter what I do in the world files!

25. Offline

sweetswear4665

One feature request I have is to have a command that will make the player use a different inventory for a certain world. An example would be a player is in a creative world, and there is a portal to a survival world, with the current version he can keep whatever items he had in the creative world and come out with them in the survival world. I would like it if he had a seperate inventory for the survival world, so he couldn't use /i to get items in the creative world and come over to the survival world with them.

26. Offline

Itssnowing

There's a mod for this. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: I found it! MultiInv!

27. Offline

City Builder

What does this mean in the world.yml file:

spawn: -5:88:-27:0.0:0.0

Is it a way for me to lessen the spawn rate in the Nether world? Our nether is so filled with ghasts that people can't even get out of the safe area without dying almost immediately.

Thanks,

28. Offline

Rigby90

That's the spawn location when you teleport to the world.

Atm there's no way within multiverse to limit the spawn rate of Ghasts. There is in the next version however it is incomplete and I don't have the time atm to finish it.

Your best bet is to look for a plugin that alters spawn rates.

29. Offline

zorphon

Anyone else have MultiVerse commands stop doing anything?

30. Offline

Itssnowing

To stop doing things? Oh yeah, a lot have people have managed to do that, often accidentally.

But so start doing things, people have been having some trouble with that.

31. Offline

The_Nut

mine work just fine.