[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Itssnowing

It's in the process of being updated for 600.

cengbrecht likes this.
  3. Offline

DividedByZer0

Does anyone know how big of a change it is? I know a lot of plugins are breaking with 600,602. I'm certainly not asking for a release date but it would be helpful to know if it's a mostly finished code change that's just being cleaned up or if it's a massive overhaul and we should expect to wait a week or longer.

Thanks!

4. Offline

Rigby90

I started rewriting all of Multiverse a few weeks back but then I had to stop working on it as I was falling behind in Uni and this is still the case... However I feel it wouldn't be fair for me to not finish porting it over especially now that the old version has been broken as well.

I don't intend to update the old version as it's a step in the wrong direction and its lacking and failing in so many parts. (Yes updating the current version would be easier...)

Basically to give you an idea of the current status -
    • Multiworlds load & work fine...
    • Better management with monsters/animals
    • World compression works...
    • SignPortals work...
    • Detection of destination portals for SignPortals and SPLike
    • The plugin is now split into modules... Core, Portals, SignPortals, SPLike etc...
    What is lacking and needs doing...
    • Most of the commands haven't been implemented... not that big of a task mainly copying the layout of the previous ones etc...
    • Custom Portals... haven't even started... however that's pretty easy to do as it copies most code from SignPortals and so on...
    • I need to convert old config file layouts to the new layouts... I don't want to piss people off again by changing the layout without a converter.
    • ermm theres probably more but I'd rather not scare you... It sounds like alot... however most of it is done already in previous versions its a case of porting it over and cleaning it up and modifying it.

So yeh... the ETA is really.... no clue. It was meant to be tonight/tomorrow sometime however with the 1.4 update and possible changes for the new RB that'll be out later tonight... I'll be waiting till tomorrow or the weekend. I'll continue developing it for build 602 however I won't release it till 1.4 is out and stable.

cengbrecht likes this.
  5. Offline

Itssnowing

He said it could be anywhere between a few hours or a few days. If this mod is essential for your server, don't go upgrading all your other plugins, hoping the new MV will be up today, keep everything at 531 or so.

Edit: Ninja'd!

cengbrecht likes this.
  6. Offline

cengbrecht

Maybe add this to the first post for people to reference for when this topic goes to the next page, or 50 pages. Your quite popular, and the mod has been very solid.

7. Offline

Damien711

Ok I will try this out it is just confusing.

8. Hello all,

A few of the servers that I play on are really hurting without this plugin (because it's so fantastic) for 600+. Since Rigby is busy working on the new version, I have made the required changes for this to work on CraftBukkit 602 (But I assume it will work on CraftBukkit 600).

MultiVerse 1.6
    Changelog:
    - Compatabile with Bukkit 602

THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY CRAFTBUKKIT PRIOR TO 600

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15506373/MultiVerse 1.6/MultiVerse.jar
    MD5: 6d28b4536b6b5b85362093eab966f64a

I have personally tested this with:
    CraftBukkit 602, 605, 609, 610, 612
    Essentials 2.1.8
    EssentialsChat 2.1.8
    EssentialsSpawn 2.1.8
    Permissions 2.5.5

The portion I was not able to test (but should work) is iConomy (The build I have on my server is 4.63)

The source code is available here if you want to compile your own JAR: https://github.com/FernFerret/MultiVerse

With the 1.4 update out, I'm confident Bukkit will change and I will support this version until Rigby says that 2.0 is complete.

Thanks,
    FernFerret

Oh also, I make no guarentees that this works with anything, so yea use this build at your own risk, I know we are :p

9. Offline

Itssnowing

OOoooh, shiny. I'll probably won't test it though, no one's online to play MC with me :B

10. Offline

cengbrecht

I was going to test it till I broke my install by updating the client... :S

11. Offline

Rigby90

First of all thanks for this, it was definitely an easy fix I just didn't want to waste my time with it as I can't say I like how the old version was coded etc, and I've put the new one off for long enough now. This now allows me to take my time with the new version instead of rushing it.

I'll place this link and such on the OP for now.

Yup already implemented this into the next version, it's a nice feature and now all we need is 'world.getSeed()'

12. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I get the following error with the most latest builds.

Code:
    18:58:37 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPla
    yerListener.java:242)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:202)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:128)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    I cannot even sleep in a bed without that error showing up and saying I made an illegal stance then booting me from the game. :(

13. Awesome. As a small side note: in your op, it says:
    I think this should be:
    Also was not sure if you wanted me to do a pull request on git

Could you state which builds these are? I just tried it out and am having no trouble. Also what other plugins are you using?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  14. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I am using build 610 at this particular moment.

Plugin list

AppleTree
    Citizens
    CraftBook
    CraftBook Circuits
    CraftBook Mechanisms
    CraftBook Vehicles
    Essentials
    Essentials Chat
    Essentials Spawn
    Lampstone
    LWC
    MCDocs
    MoveCraft
    Permissions

15. What versions of these plugins (I'm trying to reproduce this error and failing) Also there is build 612 out now, not that the changes from 610-612 should matter

16. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I believe this to be accurate;

v0.4 - AppleTree
    v1.07e - Citizens
    v3.0 (Build 80) - CraftBook
    v3.0 (Build 80) - CraftBook Circuits
    v3.0 (Build 80) - CraftBook Mechanisms
    v3.0 (Build 80) - CraftBook Vehicles
    v2.1 - Essentials
    v2.1 - Essentials Chat
    v2.1 - Essentials Spawn
    v0.5 - Lampstone
    v2.11 - LWC
    v5.2.4 - MCDocs
    v0.6.8 - MoveCraft
    v2.5.5 - Permissions

17. Offline

Rigby90

That error is due to a flaw in my initial setup... basically either someone logged in before the plugin had fully initialized or you used /reload to reload the plugin whilst players were on the server. What you're going to have to do is either make everyone log off and type /reload... or restart the server itself.

18. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Based on my log, everything had fully initialized. I also got that error when I tried to sleep, at that point it booted me from my server with the error "Illegal Stance". That error also appears from time to time when using portals. :|

My server is small and private, I was the only one on at that particular time as well.

EDIT: I should also note that so far the illegal stance error has only occurred once. I have tried recreating it personally and have been unsuccessful. :S

19. Offline

Rigby90

Strange as the line it's erroring on is getting your previously saved location used for portal checking. However it's returning null on that meaning your playerSession hasn't been setup. This is setup when a player joins the server.

So that's strange.

Missed this....
    If you meant you were on at the time of the /reload then that's what I meant by making everyone log off before reloading.

20. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I believe you misinterpreted it. By 'this particular time' I meant at this time, in the day. I didn't join the server until a good 3 minutes until after it said it was 'done' as I was reading up on something.

EDIT: Bah! I cannot keep up! lol

I haven't used a /reload or /reloadall command in the last few days so that in particular wouldn't be the cause. I was rebooting my server to swap out the .jar with a later build (in this case, build 610). :)

21. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Did you type "plugins" at the console and then "version <name>" for each one where <name> is the plugin's name? That's usually accurate, unless the plugin didn't properly update its version.

22. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I just rechecked, they are all those versions. :)

23. Offline

crazygonuts

I am having a problem. When I use the commands it says i don't have permission to use it and i added the permission nodes to permissions NOT groupmanager. Can someone help?

24. Offline

Itssnowing

Do your permissions work with other mods?
    Also, if you wouldn't mind, the config file, please.

Edit: You're not using Permissions and groupmanager, are you? o.o

25. Offline

zorphon

Where do you get the config files from? The download only has the .jar?

26. Offline

Itssnowing

I'm assuming you know this, but: MV needs Permissions to run. Permissions is another plugin. It gives or takes away commands that permissions users can perform.
    Download this file, and open it. The link is taken from the Permissions post, don't worry. Open the .zip file, and drag the contents of it into your permissions folder. Now you should have a folder called "permissions" and in a file called "Config.yml".
    Open the file and follow the instructions. If you need more help, go post in the Permissions thread.

27. Offline

Legend

i'd like to thank all the dev for the plugins and the excellent resources to go along with them!!

28. Offline

crazygonuts

NO
    I am not using gm just permissions and travelportals works. And movecraft too.

29. Offline

Itssnowing

Then, config file please. Remember to give it CODE tags ;)

30. Offline

GermanyMember

07:18:34 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPla
    yerListener.java:242)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:202)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:128)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    >

CB 612... Kick Afkbooster