[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Rigby90

Sorry?

3. Offline

mlerk1023

What if I have myself as a Admin on the Premissions Plugin and I have " -'*' " . Shouldnt it give me Full access to every plugin? or am i wrong? Do i have to register the code Legit into the Pre. Plugin?

4. Offline

Grantman

Does anyone know how i can get the plugin to work :/ it says i dont have permission when i try to use a command. I'm sure this is because i dont have a config in my permissions folder. Anyone know what should be in it ?

5. Offline

RaymanMaik

Can I make a global respawn? I mean someone die in Hell and respawns in Real. Someone dies in Mob-World and respawns in Real. Is that possible?

6. Offline

M. Hughes

Hello,
    Is there any reason why non-admin players wouldn't be able to edit new worlds? I don't think I messed with the permissions.

I have one default world, and I created one new nether world and added a couple portals. I can interact with the new nether world just fine, but when other players join my server they can't destroy or place blocks in the nether world, or interact with nether mobs. There are no issues interacting with the default world. Any idea what's wrong?

7. Offline

hedgomatic

for the folks having trouble with permissions, make sure you have the absolute latest version of the permissions plugin. There was a fix for multiworld commands not working in a recent update. I kept beating my head against the wall because I couldn't set portals in the alternate world, but only after I set up a custom set of permissions for that world.

Easiest way to check is to only have your default world permissions in place. If MultiVerse commands suddenly, magically work, upgrade your permissions plugin!
    [MERGETIME="1299702252"][/MERGETIME]
    I had this problem for two reasons--

bug in bukkit (upgrading to the latest recco'd build did the trick)
    players (myself included) forgot that non-ops can't edit spawn.

Check other plugins you've got installed, particularly worldedit, and look in your logs for anything that spams an error on capturing block events.

8. Offline

Anora

I have tryide running multiverse on our vps and we keep geting

...Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded

soon as we telaport to a second world it would become unplayable as it would ruberband on evrything what could be causing this problem??

9. Offline

InShaneee

10. Offline

Rigby90

Sign Portals in the current version are limited to only taking you to a worlds spawn point... In the next version...

They'll be able to take you to the spawn point... the relevant coordinates in the destination world, taking ratios/compressions into account... (So basically Single Player nether 8x). Also I'll try to implement a form of teleport to coordinates... however typing coordinates on a tiny sign is going to be hard...
    [MERGETIME="1299732180"][/MERGETIME]
    Not yet, however will be in the next version.
    [MERGETIME="1299732251"][/MERGETIME]
    Adding another world adds a bit more memory use as it has to place the alternative worlds spawns into Memory as well... Also if you have people in both worlds adventuring then both worlds have to generate new chunks at the same time.
    [MERGETIME="1299732320"][/MERGETIME]
    The plugin dev got in contact with me today and I'll be doing this as soon as the new version is out. The new version will contain multiple plugins so it would require people to redownload/install rather than upgrade. (Configs will persist tho)

11. Offline

Phinary

Does this work with groupmanager? Like for setting up permissions per world. I tried to do it and I followed the instructions for setting up multiworld and I used 1.4 or the one that works with permissions 2.0 but for some reason it just uses the permissions for my default world for every world

12. Offline

Rigby90

I've not been following groupmanager and have not been supporting it, as theres already Permissions. However I did test it when it first came out with Permissions 2.0 and it worked fine.

13. Offline

Phinary

Well u can't edit permissions and reload it while the server is running can u?

14. Offline

IIGoldII

/permissions -reload all

Editing will still work,just use that to reload it.

15. Offline

Phinary

Oh yes. 1 more thing. Will this work with regions with worldguard?

16. is there a way to run this plugin without permissions plugin?

17. Offline

MrFroho

I noticed that if I create too many worlds it will cause the server to crash.

I've been living peacefully with 4 worlds. And then just today I tried to add 3 more but then my server would crash very soon after, and now it wont even load up at all, unless I remove the worlds.

Do you know of anyway to workaround this?

My error is : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

I tried changing my run.bat to use 2048mb of ram but it doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone know a way to maintain many worlds on one server without crashing?

18. Offline

Rigby90

Guess you need to set it higher than 2048, basically from what I know the server always stores each worlds spawn area into memory... god knows why.... but it seems to. So each world adds a tiny bit more onto your memory usage.

19. I can't get the coordinates to work. Portal area where player walks through is correct but the area he spawns at is always few blocks off, although its not random, always same. Example of portals.yml:
    Code:
    p1:
            price: 0.0
            destlocation: p:d2
            owner: Zaflis
            world: Kilrogg
    d2:
            price: 0.0
            destlocation: null
            owner: Zaflis
            world: Trinnia
    Player comes out at d2: 173.5, 69, 117.5 which is off by 2.5, 3.0, 0.0. I then tried to reduce the error off the actual coordinates but its going off to other direction as much (i tried d2 location: 168.5,63.0,117.5). d1 throws off by 2.5, -1, 4.5, and d3 by 0, 2, 2.5.

So i can't find any mathematical logic into this. What's wrong? I tried also putting admin permission, equip wood pickaxe, /mvps d2 and then left and right click ground on 2 corners of destination and /mvpd.

20. Offline

Rigby90

When teleporting from portal -> portal you dont end up at the exact portal coordinates... because if you did and the destination portal was active you would be thrown straight into that portal to then be teleported back and such... So it finds a safe spot around the portal to place the player. If you want the portal to teleport to an exact spot then you will have to type "/mvps PORTALNAME" to select the portal then type "/mvpd here" to set the destination to your position.

21. Thanks! Finally working.

edit: well almost :) Dest area was 2 blocks wide and decimals aren't accepted in the destination. So "here" always picks 1 brick to which center the teleport.

22. Offline

terwilliker

Great plugin, lots of options! Here are some things I would love to see
    • optional default destination, all new gates go here... so anyone can make a gate in world.
    • box world, with a admin set size, like borders except that crossing it teleports you to the opposite side
    • allow mobs to come through, especially if they fall into a pit... some dangers to keeping that portal open
    • I did not see a way to simply poke a hole through to another world at similar coordinates (maybe tied in with the default destination above as an option to setting a fixed point.
    • Powered gate - imagine a teleporter pad... we could stock it full with stuff (like a chest of goods), then pull a lever and it teleports somewhere else.
    • Different sounds to where the gate is linked to... it always sounds so hellish.
    And in the world generation
    • would be neat to set a world to always night
    • would be neat to set a worlds visibility level to a fixed value... like tiny... a very foggy world
    Okay, just some thoughts. Already it works well (though it took me awhile to figure out that pointing thing first)[MERGETIME="1299783785"][/MERGETIME]
    Is there a way to make a first choice for teleporting to in front of the gateway (or behind) and if that is blocked, then go to the side? I always seem to appear on the side of a portal.

23. Could you add an option to make permissions plugin optional?

24. Offline

Phinary

Any way to allow only certain groups to go to or build in different worlds? I have it so that normal users can go to donator world but for them i have build:false but it still lets them build. Any ideas

25. Offline

hedgomatic

I've created a world using /mvpcreate Nether Nether, and there's netherrack everywhere, but...where's the lava? It seems that because the server has hell mode set to off, the level doesn't do all the sky=lava trickery. Is this simply a limitation of the server?

Make sure you're running permissions v2.5.3 or above.

26. Offline

_LB

I'm having an issue with version 1.4 - whenever I make portals, they don't teleport me to their destination... and when I type /mvtp p:MyPortal it just teleports me somewhere underground at X=-4.5 and Z=-2.5
    I am using the b433jnks build that is recommended. I get no errors whatsoever. My other plugins are:
    Drop Bonus, Drop Chest, Flat Earth, Friendly, Magic Carpet, Magnet Block, Mob Rider, Permissions 2.0, Sign Edit, SpawnMob, TelePlus.
    Removing all plugins except for Permissions 2.0 and Multiverse does not have any effect. Still the same portal issues, and still no errors or anything of the sorts.

27. Offline

logoth

I ran into the same issue when I was trying to import some of the survival maps on minecraftforum.net with portals from our main world. After 4 (world, nether, and two copies of survival island) it started giving the same issue.
    I did some testing on my spare computer here and every world I imported upped the server's memory usage anywhere from 150MB to 250MB per world just to setup the spawn area. Importing maps with simple spawn areas seemed to take the lower end of that extra, where creating a new world from scratch added the upper end.

28. Offline

svavart

Could you update to
    Build #531?

its the new recommended one.
    http://artifacts.lukegb.com/artifactory/webapp/builds/dev-CraftBukkit

Would be very much appriciated :)
    ----
    or does this work with it ?, if anyone has tried , can't my self yet will post as soon as I can test.
    edit: nvm I don't have the time to install it for now so just ignore this for now.

29. Offline

Devilyoda

question, i installed this on my server and works great for all the ops/admins but no one else can use. Is there a special permission i need to enter to make it useable by them?

30. Offline

JohnEBH

31. Offline

Someeonee

Is it possible for players to have separate player .dats in different worlds? it works very well its just im trying to run a server with a creative world and a survival world. I dont want players spawning things into their inventory and bringing them into the survival world from creative.