[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Six en Seven

Mine is still ineffective. Permissions now has several world.yml files. One with the name of my world, another with 'world', a third with config.yml and then a final one with the second worlds name. It's quite a mess and I'm not sure how to go about it. [​IMG]

3. Offline

Rigby90

Can't say I've come across this issue, the plugin is built against Recommended Build 440... so not sure if any new changes has done anything to break it. I already know of a potential problem.

But yes, if you've deleted his .dat etc then that chances are theres a problem with either CraftBukkit or a permissions plugin.
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 8:29 PM ---
    hmm strange, can you Pastebin your server.log as well as your default worlds permissions files.

4. Offline

sawine

i have both exact same configuration for nether.yml and world.yml.

The user in question is a mod,I even tried to give him op, I just reinstalled multiverse and he is the first to actually crash in the nether. So I guess this would happen to anyone who log out or crash in there.

5. Offline

Six en Seven

There are so many different files, it's hard to tell which is the actual config that is tangling me up.
    If you want Rigby, I could just open the door for you on my server site, and you can pop into the Editor and attempt to solve the problem. I'm not sure what else to do.

6. Offline

Sevenos

I didn't read all so sorry if it was already answered. Every time a player moves arround on obsidian I get thousands of NPE. Running Multiverse 1.4 and craftbukkit 440

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:224)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:165)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:115)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

7. Offline

Minamus

ok i must be retarded, but i read the how to and i have no idea how to install this...there is no zip file, just a .jar file, please help me with this and yes i am a noob on installing plugins..... and if you can maybe post example coding on what to put where...thankyou

8. Offline

Bechard

I'm quite lost on creating portals. Is it possible to create a portal using something other than obsidian?

I have Stargate installed and working, and was hoping to make gates out of netherrack or something different to signify world gates.

I tried the wood pickaxe to set pos 1 and 2, I'm just not sure whats supposed to happen when I create the gate. Do I need to create a gate structure prior to using the /mvpc command?

I have world1, world2, and nether up and running, works fantastically with the /mvtp command. Thanks!

9. Offline

ledhead900

Er okay but the group name is in the blacklist and whitelist is emptey Yet its blocking every group it seems that if ANY Group is in the blacklist it blocks it for everyone regadless of group.

I might try adding the other groups to whitelist instead and see if allows those but not the ONE group I dont want getting thru, thru.

Oh and if this helps you at all

PHP:
    worlds:

world:

animalstrue
            spawn
    188:82:1902:270.0994:7.649958
            price
            mobs
    false
            environment
    NORMAL
            ratio
            alias
    ''

playerBlacklistg:default,

pvptrue
            playerWhitelist
    ''

worldBlacklist''

RiftZero:

animalstrue
            spawn
    : -290:73:168:-1890.4503:13.19993
            price
            mobs
    false
            environment
    NORMAL
            ratio
            alias
    ''

pvptrue
            playerWhitelist
    ''

playerBlacklist''

worldBlacklist''

TheAbyss:

animalsfalse
            spawn
    : -212:60:82:379.34952:-4.949976
            price
            mobs
    false
            environment
    NETHER
            ratio
            alias
    ''

pvptrue
            playerWhitelist
    ''

playerBlacklist''

worldBlacklist''
    As you can see to me it looks fine but sadly it is not working how it should, I will try what I suggested above about whitelisting the group instead of using the blacklist.

10. Offline

Rigby90

Can you try a different group... such as a higher up group... I've got a feeling because permissions INHERITS the lower groups... technically a player will always be in that group etc... I may be completely and utterly wrong but hey :).

11. Offline

ledhead900

I ditched permissions for GroupManger
    Its the new COOL KID ! on the block, It fully works with plugins that are made to work around permissions as well I tried permissions 2.5.1 and it was not working correctly It did not inherit and in game every permissions command was not avilable to groups it should have been.

I then used this plugin instead and it all works 100% fine with most exisiting plugins, in fact the only plugin did not load with this was PrivateWarp!

I notified him tho and he is most likely going to support this as well in his plugin. "Basicly a plugin null errors if its not going to work with this pluign coz it cant find permissions plugin and its own groups are not setup so it has a fit over it and asks you "Is it up to date!", Since this did not happen with Permissions 2.5.1 it detected it and loaded but as stated above nothing worked, With this plugin its all working just fine, IMO this is going to replace Permissions pretty soon for good anyway so might as well support it, I't already loads fine with your plugin as well.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:24 AM ---
    I did I used Trust that is the 4th group above default and it still block everyone in groups above and below.

12. Offline

Rigby90

Oh I see, ermm...

In that case I may upload a quick version to output some debug messages... check that it's loading correctly.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:35 AM ---
    Can you try -

http://bukkit.onarandombox.com/multiverse/debug/MultiVerse.jar

Then pastebin the log after MultiVerse does its startup routine etc.... :)

13. Offline

ledhead900

I'm thinking I'm going to need to try and use Whitelist method and see how it reacts.

I still think the best way to deal with this is to Give a command such as multiverse.portal.worldname

to groups u wish to allow to use portals to go that world.

you may even need to re write commands for changing worlds

I would preffer it somthing more along the lines of this

Multiverse.Wtp.Worldname < Allows travel to worldname
    Multiverse.Wtp < Is ingame command to TP to worlds via command
    Multiverse.Ptp.Portalname < Permission to use Named Portal

This way you could simply give out permission of Muliverse.wtp.Worldname to each group U wish to allow to travel to that world you can even do this Multiverse.wtp.* for ALL worlds, Any group with out this permissions it then wont allow them to travel to the world the portal links to or even to the world via command.

The Multiverse.Ptp.Portalname would be used to give permissions to use extra portals that may link to other places besides worlds or a specific portal in general.

Thats just my two cents about How I thought permissions should have been done!

As a + for doing it that way you avoid the whole Inheritence issue u think is going on as even if u are part of that group as well only the group above the group you give the Multiverse.wtp.Worldname permission too will be able to travel to that world.

Its not different then how u would do it now but you saving your self and users time messing with configs when at least this way u can on the fly add the permissions to your group ingame or via console and realod your permissions plugin.

while your method requires server restart to take effect.

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the matter.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:41 AM ---
    Oh gosh darn it , U replied as I was typing the above up. Ok I will test your debug version now for you.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:41 AM ---
    Have a look at the new Groupmanger plugin its pretty darn nice.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:43 AM ---
    Here is your PasteBin

To me it seems its detected fine but you know it better then I do.

14. Offline

Rigby90

There's already enough permission nodes for this plugin as it is let alone making extra ones per world and per portal.

Fair enough, it definately was considered and is still there as a fallback.
    All this time before Permissions itself had to be done via config, it's only the past week or so that things have changed (I'm completely ignoring the crappy workaround Essentials put in). Also I'm reworking the way it all works and am going against manual editting of the config file.
    Well only a /reload, also plan to implement a command to reload the config.
    These are only thoughts of mine as well and I may end up going down the permission node route, however I don't want to rely on such a bulky method.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:50 AM ---
    Can you perform a test on the portal as well? Forgot to add that :).
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:51 AM ---
    Also... any idea if the Permissions/GM group check is case sensitive?

15. Offline

ledhead900

Fair enough but let me just straighten one thing for you, GroupManger is run by Essentials I'm a tester for Essentials I asked this my self about there essentials.groupmanger thing they told me that its exactly the same as the Groupmanger plugin that I to you, The guy who makes it also makes theres and updates theres to match his so I did not have to use both I can just use one or the other and it will work with essentials.

Also Essentials Nativly supprts it and also they support permissions 2.5 as well as 2.1, Im just saying don't knock until your tried it not a work around its a full on NEW permissions system that takes the hard work out of swapping to it.

I think I could be confused on what u called crappy workaround tho.

Note: You must hav missed my Pastebin so here it is again! http://pastebin.com/XZGSuFTD
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 3:57 AM ---
    GAAA u did again replied before I posted this reply, lol,.

yea sure I will go in game test the portal as a higher and lower rank and I'm not sure if it's case sensative but as a general rule for my self I dont mix cases its a bad habbit adding cases where it explicitly does not require it.

So what you see is how looks in my permissions data file "default" I did not give any groups cases.

16. Offline

Rigby90

I never knocked GroupManager, infact I've praised it a couple pages ago... I like whats done but what I don't like is plugin developers swapping to it solely... Considering GM works with Permission enabled plugins.

Btw from what I can tell GroupManager isn't RUN by Essentials... Essentials has just asked the GM Author to release it within the Essentials package... I could be wrong but thats from what I've seen on the forums.

Nah I saw the pastebin, but theres also debug output when a user attempts to take a portal. It'll spam the server log with some messages stating the outcomes of white/blacklist checks.

Can you install this though... should remove the whitespaces in the white/blacklisting.

17. Offline

ledhead900

Here you go http://pastebin.com/wBSCQjA3

seems to error out now when trying to go into a portal this did not happen on your release version 1.4 I just shows me " your not allowed to travel to world > World
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:03 AM ---
    Ignore the above pastebin I will do it again with the new debug version u listed above sorry I missed it,

In mean time here is my Permissions"groups setup"

PHP:
    users:

ksmacks:

permissions: []

groupexplorer
      mattxaus
    :

grouptrust
      skulltraill
    :

groupmods
      jikfoot12
    :

groupmember
      o_oljdilksy
    :

groupmember
      zero
    :

groupmember
      t3rminus
    :

groupmember
      jaydnisevil
    :

groupmember
      supercooldragn
    :

groupmember
      damien95
    :

grouptrust
      hyperth
    :

groupmember
      chefmon
    :

groupmember
      jolkanin
    :

grouptrust
      spunkan
    :

groupmember
      funkydiddykong
    :

groupmember
      ledhead900
    :

grouptrust
      tylergosnell
    :

groupmember
      the_wrecker
    :

groupmember
      applesoz
    :

grouptrust
      gimesom144
    :

groupmember
      vedon203
    :

groupmember
      necrodoom
    :

permissions:
        - 
    essentials.nuble

spawnmob.spawnmob.*
        - 
    spawnmob.mspawn.*
        - 
    essentials.time

whitelist.add

whitelist.remove

whitelist.reload

whitelist.list

groupmods
        info
    :

prefix'&4Overwatch&4:&9'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

keagster1:

groupmember
      yuuung
    :

grouptrust
      bamsegutt
    :

groupmember
      netrom5
    :

groupmember
      minipekka
    :

grouptrust
      kasper99
    :

groupmember
      winfr0
    :

grouptrust
      vladsnakedragon
    :

grouptrust
      dfcowell
    :

groupmember
      timberjaw
    :

groupmember
      l0krin
    :

groupmember
      midnightninja
    :

groupmember
      vicious_reaver
    :

groupvip
      joopjr
    :

grouptrust
      mrmundo
    :

grouptrust
      mj_armstrong
    :

groupmember
      skittlesrus
    :

groupmember
      midnorme
    :

grouptrust
      some_random_1
    :

groupexplorer
      unthought
    :

grouptrust
      fryzee7771
    :

groupmember
      hitnrun
    :

groupmember
      kiace
    :

groupmember
      shaso777
    :

groupmods
      stobess
    :

grouptrust
      nysiah
    :

groupmember
      kykid97
    :

groupmember
    groups
    :

member:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - /
    getconfigkey

- /listconfigkeys

essentials.clearinventory

essentials.depth

essentials.getpos

mywarp.warp.basic.*
        - 
    mywarp.warp.soc.*
        - 
    war.warp
        inheritance
    :
        - 
    explorer
        info
    :

prefix'&e'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

vip:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - 
    multiverse.mvprename
        inheritance
    :
        - 
    trust
        info
    :

prefix'&dDonator&d:&6'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

explorer:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - /
    momentum

essentials.back

essentials.compass

essentials.tpa

essentials.tpaccept

essentials.tpdeny

multiverse.world.list
        - 
    mywarp.warp.basic.list
        - 
    mywarp.warp.basic.search

mywarp.warp.basic.warp

war.player

worldedit.navigation.unstuck
        inheritance
    :

info:

prefix'&5'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

default:
        default: 
    true
        permissions
    :
        - 
    essentials.afk

essentials.help

essentials.helpop

essentials.kit

essentials.kit.basic

essentials.kit.bow_and_arrows

essentials.kit.building

essentials.kit.cobblestone

essentials.kit.iron_armor

essentials.kit.iron_tools

essentials.kit.starting_kit

essentials.kit.stone

essentials.kit.torch

essentials.kit.wool

essentials.list
        - 
    essentials.mail.*
        - 
    essentials.motd

essentials.msg

essentials.tpahere

lwc.protect

multiverse.world.spawn

PrivateWarp.pw
        inheritance
    : []

info:

prefix'&7Guest&7:&8'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

trust:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - 
    essentials.kit.*
        - 
    essentialstele.tptoggle

multiverse.portal.create

multiverse.portal.destination

multiverse.portal.remove

multiverse.portal.rename

multiverse.portal.select

PrivateWarp.pwr

worldedit.extinguish

worldedit.navigation.ascend

worldedit.navigation.ceiling

worldedit.navigation.descend

worldedit.navigation.thru

worldedit.navigation.up
        inheritance
    :
        - 
        info
    :

prefix'&a'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

admins:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - 
    '*'

cleaner.*
        - 
    lwc.admin

mywarp.admin

whitelist.*

inheritance:
        - 
    mods
        info
    :

prefix'&4Admin&4:&c'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'

mods:
        default: 
    false
        permissions
    :
        - 
    essentials.tp

essentials.tphere

lwc.admin

essentials.give

worldedit.*
        - 
    worldguard.*
        - 
    worldguard.worldguardnotify

essentials.ban

essentials.unban

essentials.banip

essentials.unbanip

essentials.item

- /region

- /god

PrivateWarp.pwa

PrivateWarp.pwv

essentials.tpo

multiverse.tp

essentials.modgrp

war.*
        - 
    multiverse.portal.list

inheritance:
        - 
    vip
        info
    :

prefix'&bStaff&b:&9'

buildtrue
          suffix
    '&f'
    plugin:

permissions:

system: default

18. Offline

Rigby90

Nope, apologies that error is my fault... rushing this output stuff and its just making it worse :).

Sorry to be a pain, anytime you want you can stop :).

Redownload from the same location should be fixed.

19. Offline

ledhead900

Here it is http://pastebin.com/91wgKCnt

Same thing but the spaces are there still I did use your new jar u posted a page back.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:08 AM ---
    um okay I will redownload it lol I hate it how bukkit is not telling me of missed posts while I type a reply, My forums board does this so I know to stop and press f5 to check the reply before finishing my reply lol.

They REALLY need to get a plugin for this on bukkit. Ok s Ignore the ALL my pastebins Ill re download it form the link and test again. Im grabbing the SECOND versions U posted and using that as I assume your updating that version.

20. Offline

Rigby90

Yeh I'm just replacing the same file everytime when I upload it.

21. Offline

ledhead900

Na I wont stop I rather get a fixed permissions for portals then not as we rely on that method now to stop guests comming back into our old world as we gave them a new world thats why Its REALLY improtant it blocks JUST the groups or people I tell it to block.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:12 AM ---
    Okay this one is fixed and outputs correctly, as you can see resuly is it denys me going in even tho U can see on my permissions I set my self WELL ABOVE the blacklisted group.

http://pastebin.com/44MNuPHM
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:16 AM ---
    I really think that node based would be less work for you debugging If seems to see me as a Default group when im not and your node commands don't act this way, I know you try to avoid node based but you said a couple page back that u Don't like manual config editing and well if you give us some nodes to use instead then those of us using GM can do it all from in game if we felt like it.

Im just old skool and Like file editing as I can see EXACTLY what is going on that way. I use in game commands as well but I find my self checking the file it writes to anyway to make sure it did not do something dumb

22. Offline

Rigby90

Ok then... it appears.... that because eventually your group INHERITS the default group... you're also being denied access...

I need to go through the permissions/gm source code and verify this... just talking to TheYeti now. If i'm right then this makes my method no go... So lets see :)

23. Offline

ledhead900

Alright Ha oh well it happens I guess, Like I said I'd like to see a fallback set as Node permissions for this would have saved you having to do things when u CBF doing them.

:) Besides most ppl will setup a permissions systesm once and do tiny changes when needed but otherwise leave it alone so its not really a big hassle the hardest part is you doing the work once to get it included.

I was actually also talking about multiverse.wtp < REPLACING the existing mvtp command

My command list was to replace the existing set of commands. So really ur not gaining more commands your just adding flexability.

24. Offline

Rigby90

Ok... seems like the method I'm using to check a players group also checks inheritted groups... just spoken to TheYeti... gonna change it around remove the debug send a copy your way... if it works ill post it here for others.

25. Offline

ledhead900

alright sure thing I will test it with the group I gave my self so far and then if that works Ill try out me set to a Blacklisted group.

Thx for doing all of this.

26. Offline

Rigby90

Ok, same place to redownload.

Removed the debug messages.

And no worries, I shouldn't of blanked the initial messages with people stating it didn't work. Helps to have things tested with more than one person... should probably whip some mates into action.

27. Offline

ledhead900

So what has been changed in this one as the last release v1.4 blacklist was doing as we have just tested.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:42 AM ---
    oh I forgot to mention one more thing that is more of an annoyence then a bug,

Portal timers need to show a msg of how long u need wait before may travel again. right now its just a guessing game and users are not being told they actually CANT use the portal due to a timer they will just think its a bug and pester me or my servers staff about it.

28. Offline

Rigby90

hmm, did it work or?

Yeh, it's on the list and defo something thats needed.

29. Offline

ledhead900

Congrats to you new versions has worked!

default group cannot enter but me set to trust group can.

I will just have to go thru other groups later and test they all work but the default group.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:46 AM ---
    Thanks for fixing this up up for us all, Always pays to check into something if more then one persons thinks its not right :p

30. Offline

Rigby90

Nice to know its doing something right.

Will post the update sometime tomorrow then to just confirm it, don't want to get peoples hopes up :).

ledhead900 likes this.
  31. Offline

ledhead900

I can't test the mob issues ppl are talking about just yet as Im waiting for a plugin to update that allows me to spawnmob properly again I will test that soon when it does tho.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 4:49 AM ---
    Alright it seems to be doing its job for me at least, Tho I have not updated CB today yet.