[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but 28 pages are a lot to read trough.
    How well does this plugin work with essentials?
    No matter what I do (in essentials config nether: true/false) one or two commands give me an "internal error" and a mile-long error report in my server log. I cannot create a portal and set its destination. With the essentials nether:true i can't even teleport to the nether. All I want is a Gate to the nether that takes me to the netherspawn and a second gate in the nether, which takes me back to the first gate.

Code:
    SCHWERWIEGEND: null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvtp' in plugin MultiVerse v1.2.1
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:21)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:77)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:171)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:634)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:600)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:592)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:77)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:325)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:240)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVTP(MVCommands.java:672)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:268)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:19)
        ... 12 more

2011-02-21 11:49:14 [SEVERE] 21.02.2011 11:49:14 net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler c
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvtp' in plugin MultiVerse v1.2.1
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVTP(MVCommands.java:672)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:268)
        ... 12 more

2011-02-21 11:49:28 [INFO] 1, 0
    2011-02-21 11:49:28 [INFO] Hiramas used a portal and generated an exit portal.
    2011-02-21 11:49:28 [INFO] Player count: 1
    2011-02-21 11:49:44 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-02-21 11:51:19 [SEVERE] 21.02.2011 11:51:19 net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler c
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mvpd' in plugin MultiVerse v1.2.1
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVPDestination(MVCommands.java:500)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:323)
        ... 12 more

edit: When I finally get to understand everything in your plugin, I'm sure I will see what awesome work you've done ;)

3. Offline

ledhead900

I removed backup & maps and now nether mobs are fixed
    very odd, but I rely on non bukkit plugin now to handle backups it compresses much faster,

4. Offline

RustyDagger

Dose any 1 have a working Group Blacklist if so i would love to see your properties file and the world file.

Every thing i have tried is unreliable. any editing of that world file dont seem to end well.

5. Ok, i got it working without any errors now, but I still have the problem, that the portal in the nether brings me to a portal in the wilderness and not, like I intended with the /mvpc command, to my first portal to the nether. Maybe essentials is screwing with them?

6. Offline

RustyDagger

To link 2 portals heres how simple really

make a serlection (woodpickaxe mouse 1 and 2)

type /mvpc firstgate p:secondgate

go to other world

make a new serlection

type /mvpc secondgate p:firstgate

tada 2 linked gates going to each other.

in the event that it wont let you link to a portal that is not already made you may have to not link the first gate till after you make the second gate in witch case you will need the following commands

/mvps firstgate
    then
    /mvpd p:secondgate

7. Ok, thanks. Turned essentials nether off and now it works perfectly.
    My second task was to create a new world for my server, so we can go on the hunt for mobs (we are playing on peaceful in the main world). It all worked perfectly, i teleported to the new, normal world. It looks really wounderfull. But one last problem: I can't destroy blocks in the new world. I can set them without a problem, but they reappear, if I try to destroy one.

8. Offline

JavaJosh

Is there any way for you to make a preference so that a world has a separate inventory for each player? Some people on my server enjoy blowing things up with TNT.. I don't mind as long as they keep it in the sandbox world but some people use the ability to spawn items in that world to bring items back to the main world and blow that world up too!

9. Offline

Insanehero

I installed this plugin and now none of my commands work including this plugins commands....helP?

10. Offline

ShadowDrakken

One thing I've love to see is a new world creation permission that would allow a person to create a single personal world only under their name. Something like /mvpersonal create which would run the command /mvcreate <username> NORMAL and have it's own separate permission. The reason is because I want players on my server to be able to make their own world for themselves, but not be able to create any world they want.

I'm not sure how it could be done, but it'd also be nice to have permissions for portal creation that restrict where they're allowed to link to. Like only allowing players to link portals that exist within the main world and their personal world, but not in other personal worlds or other public worlds... this would be a rather more advanced set of permissions though since it would require lists. Might be too much hassle, but would be a nice thing to have eventually.

11. Offline

Koribi

I also have this problem, I imported a couple of Worlds, and got some new Plugins, after that I couldn't create any portals, though I can use /mvtp to the worlds. I tried removing all other Plugins, but no change...

12. Offline

Rigby90

I intend to implement an ability of where new users that join are ported to a selected world or they are locked down so they cant move... this should hopefully help out with permissions... Where they can only move in a world they have permissions to move in.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:34 PM ---
    Not inside it no otherwise it would create a continuous loop, however its wierd that its portalling you above lava, will look into it as it shudnt be. I may of missed something.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:36 PM ---
    Wierd how a BackUp plugin was enabling mobs in nether :S
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:37 PM ---
    Still trying to look into this, however I plan to go over the Permissions system in the new version where the plugins being split up into its different sections.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:38 PM ---
    Will look into it, its been suggested a few times however seems like alot of work to bundle into this plugin as a whole, will probaly add it as a seperate plugin to MultiVerse
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:39 PM ---
    Wierd, seems like your permissions config may of been screwed up, can you pastebin it for me?
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:40 PM ---
    Can you check that the worlds you are trying to create portals to exist in the Worlds.yml and also remove any portal from the portals.yml which is trying to teleport you to a non existing world... I kinda left a mistake in it which doesnt allow new portals when a portal exist that leads to a non existant world.
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 7:41 PM ---
    hmm, will look into this however it will cause quite a bit of load on systems if each user had his own world... may work if theres a border limit on it as well so they cant go far and also if we can unload teh chunks around spawn to keep the memory clean.

13. Offline

Spathizilla

Hey Rigby, just fyi, 405 is now whining about the constructor:

2011-02-21 13:22:50 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse (PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File, ClassLoader) is no longer recommended.

Did you ever look into adding the defineable block to teleport users to? ie where they get placed after using the portal? That would resolve the issues of some people when the placer code fails and puts them into some lava (as above)

14. Offline

Rigby90

Yeh that constructor thingy majiggy... apart from spamming the log it's causing no errors, it'll be removed in a future version if there is one before I split the plugin up.

Also regarding the defineable block for teleporting users, it's on the todo list. It will no doubt be in the seperated version.

15. Offline

Spathizilla

Yeh I know its not causing errors.. Just bukkit whining heh

16. Offline

Kainzo

So - I know theres a lot of changes in the builds - is this doable on recommended 53? or 403+ ?

17. Offline

Rigby90

Should be, you may get an warning regarding the Constructor but thats nothing.

18. Offline

Spathizilla

I'm using build 405 on my server and Multiverse is stable and working fully. The only thing is Bukkit whining about the constructor but that is not an issue.

19. Offline

agtwonderbread

So I have been able to get Multiverse up and running without a problem with new worlds but I'm having a problem adding old worlds I've already created with the stock Minecraft server. I'm able to add them to the worlds.yml and I'm able to /mvtp to them by name but I'm being taken to a weird spawn point. As far as I knew spawn points were 0:0:0 but in the worlds.yml it's different, is there a way I can get this straightened out or find out what the coordinates should be for the worlds?

20. Offline

Thyme676

Ok so just to make sure, you can host more than 2 worlds with this? I haven't been able to find any specific info on hosting say, 3 worlds. :?
    Thank you![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    -thyme676

21. Offline

Rigby90

You can host as many as your server or CB/Minecraft itself will allow.

22. Offline

dan2wik

can i have a link to the source code. i want to see how different plugins work together.

23. Offline

Raymond Doerr

Curious, will this allow user-created netherportals to work? For example, if a player made a netherportal by themselves, as they would in SMP, and lit it.. would it take them to the nether?

Or would each portal have to be setup manually?

24. Offline

Jandalf

no you could enable standard nether portals in the options

25. Offline

Raymond Doerr

forgive my ignorance, but that's a standard option in the new builds of craftbukkit? I was under the impression we needed mods for any kind of portal functionality.

26. Offline

Jandalf

sorry i shouldnt write so short sentences:D its an MultiVers option. so that player could build normal portals and port them to the nether. MV creates in the nether then a stoneplatform with a portal so that u dont fall into lava.

27. Offline

DHowett

I've got a minor feature request:
    Can we have the ability to register worlds without MultiVerse taking control of them?
    I have a custom world being loaded by one of my plugins, with special parameters, but I want to be able to mvtp and portal to it. When MultiVerse loads it, it sets the default parameters.
    I would like a config-based (Worlds.yml) option that marks the world as something like "knowledge only" - MultiVerse knows about it, but doesn't load it. It could do its bookkeeping in a WORLD_LOADED event handler, if required.

I currently have to work around this by placing my plugin first in the load queue, so that when MultiVerse calls createWorld() for that world, it's already loaded with my custom parameters.

Thanks!

28. Offline

ShadowDrakken

well, I'm meaning more of a cap on how many worlds a given user can create. Right now, if a user has creation permission, they can creating dozens of worlds without any restriction, which I think is far worse than allowing personal worlds.

Also, doesn't MC support different world sizes? Personal worlds could have settings for size restraints maybe?

29. Offline

ledhead900

Each user having there own world = BAD BAD IDEA you would want a monster of a machine and ramdisks to even think about it.

not to mention at least 12 gig of ram.

I just dont give out world creation full stop to anyone but admin. allowing moderators to use portal creation only until default group " blacklists" stop being able to enter portals to worlds that are blacklisted to them.

30. Offline

ShadowDrakken

heh,
    1) you underestimate what MC server is capable of. I have a pretty monster dedicated server with only 4gb RAM, and Bukkit is a tiny footprint on it.
    2) I have less than a dozen users and won't ever have more than a dozen

31. Offline

Rigby90

JUST A HEADS UP

I'd advise you not to use MultiVerse v1.2.1 on a Minecraft/CraftBukkit 1.3 server... some changes need to be made.

Use it at your own risk... I will not be held responsible for blown up maps/servers etc :).