[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Shim0169

I've pretty much tried everything I can. I know this works because I see all the posts from others who can use it. I know I have the right versions of Permissions and CraftBukkit running, but I just can't seem to get any of the portals (either portal to portal or portal to worlds) working. I was using Stargate earlier and was able to move from portal to portal with no difficulty. When I saw this plugin, I was extremely happy.

For now, I will chalk it up to inexperience. [​IMG]

3. Offline

Rigby90

Ok first of all... - Sorry I overslept, not been feeling great the last few days.... now to get on with replying and work :).
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:26 PM ---
    From what I can see theres nothing I can do yet about this, I could possibly implement a tick event that regenned hearts for everyone on a world without Mobs... will look into it.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:27 PM ---
    hmm good to hear, but also wierd... no idea why a new map is less prone to random blocks spawning than an old one.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:28 PM ---
    At the moment the slash commands are used to link portals together and worlds together, hopefully today I'll release a version where netherportals act like they do in SinglePlayer where they teleport the player to the nether and spawn a new portal, this will be a form of fallback. So yes you would be able to just build a portal light it and step through.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:29 PM ---
    Strange, will look into it however I think I've already fixed this in the new version that should be out soon.

You sure you're typing it exactly like "/mvcreate survival normal" with no extra spaces? because thats the right syntax and apart from a different name thats the command I've constantly be using to test this on my server.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:31 PM ---
    As Cosmic Break stated that was on my To-Do list however other plugins can currently perform this task such as WorldGuard, I will however look into it once all the other major things are done...

It's not that hard to implement a basic form of its just it'll take time away from more crucial parts.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:32 PM ---
    For the right price..... I mean sure when I have some free time :). This'll probs be tomorrow (taking the day off) or the weekend.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 5:36 PM ---

If you wan't I can join the server and try help you out. I'll admit I couldn't of made the plugin anymore confusing if I tried, hense I plan to release some nice HowTo's with Pictures and possible Videos.

4. Offline

Shim0169

Thank you! That would be great! I will send you the server address in a conversation.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 6:17 PM ---
    Rigby,

Thank you very, VERY much for your help today. I still can't believe it was something so stupid... lol

5. Can u release a pre-release of 1.2? So i can test if iconomy works, cus i need that on my server.
    My server is kinda down right now... i dont want every 1 to be able to build in trusted area.
    And my Anti-greifing ide is the following:
    Our server have a trusted and a pre-trusted world. and the ide is that greifers dont wana play fair, so they just destroy stuff right after joining then they get bored and go somewhere else.
    So to only get the serious player into the trusted area i want to have it like u need to gather money for some days first, then be able to take the portal to the trusted world.

6. Offline

Rigby90

http://bukkit.onarandombox.com/multiverse/v1.2-PRE/MultiVerse.jar

Feel free to try it out, if you find any issues before I release it fully I'd appreciate feedback ASAP.

7. it works perfectly! u are my hero!

Edit:
    having problems! i cant use chat when i am at my second world called trusted, but it works fine in pre-trusted.
    And i think that when u teleport using /mvtp u are like moving to a different position, and then back to where u are suppose to be, cus border guard lite gives me error that i have reach the border, then it works like after 0.5 seconds.

ALLVARLIG: Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to BorderGuard Lite (Square)
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to add player. net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer@127 already is in chunk 0, -11
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.a(PlayerInstance.java:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager.java:76)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleportTo(CraftPlayer.java:147)
    at com.bukkit.intelli.borderguard.BorderGuardPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(BorderGuardPlayerListener.java:429)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:154)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVCommands.MVTP(MVCommands.java:592)
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onCommand(MultiVerse.java:242)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:17)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:77)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:628)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:597)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:589)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:317)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

i know that border guard is not your plugin, but i was just thinking it may be nice to know, cus before in version 1.1 border guard did not give errors

Edit 2:
    and now i got the folowing
    ALLVARLIG: Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:172)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:154)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:115)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:317)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

Edit 3: sems that the chat does work if u are not op, so i typed /deop myname
    then it started working

8. Offline

Rigby90

Regarding Chat, I have no idea I see no reason for that to be happening, I'll test it my end...

Ok seems like my fix to MVTP is breaking other plugins which rely on the playermove event.... I'll have to revert it and wait for CraftBukkit to properly fix it.

The last error you get, is also because of the MVTP fix...

If it's causing you issues I can upload another PRE version.

9. Offline

boom_roasted

Whenever I try to use a command from the new version it says "You do not have permission to access this command"

I've added the permissions to my name.

10. Offline

Rigby90

V1.1???

If you're the admin make sure you have '*' as permissions so you can access everything then restart the server so it fully takes effect. Had issues with some servers not fully resetting permissions with /pr or anything.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 7:52 PM ---
    That makes no sense and can't see it being related to MultiVerse. As it only handles the chat event to add prefixes. It doesn't cancel the event or owt.

Btw

http://bukkit.onarandombox.com/multiverse/v1.2-PRE2/MultiVerse.jar

That *should* fix the errors with teleporting and screwing up BorderGuard... I hope...

11. Offline

boom_roasted

Ok I got my permissions to work but now whenever I created a portal and go through it, on the command prompt it says I "moved wrongly" and it teleports me to the nether, not the world I set it to.

Here are my config files:

Portals.yml:
    portals:
    livestream:
    price: 0.0
    destlocation: w:livestream:spawn
    owner: boom_roasted
    world: livestream

Worlds.yml:
    worlds:
    world:
    animals: true
    spawn: 62:86:32:0.0:0.0
    mobs: true
    environment: NORMAL
    ratio: 1
    alias: ''
    livestream:
    animals: true
    spawn: -149:67:-47:0.0:0.0
    mobs: true
    environment: NORMAL
    ratio: 1
    alias: ''

Now I do have other portals with signs on them from the sign version of MultiVerse in my world. Are those causing a conflict?

12. Offline

Rigby90

Have you got Essentials installed? If so go into its config and disable nether portals etc.

Looking at the config that portal should teleport you to the spawn area of the world 'livestream'

Signs are a fallback method, so if it cant find a destination normally it will check for signs, it won't conflict.

13. Offline

boom_roasted

OK I found out it's a problem with the portal. Because when I do /mvtp livestream it works. It takes me to the other world.

EDIT: I'll try what you said about the Essentials as I do have that installed.

14. Offline

DFYX

Btw: solved my problem. I had misunderstood how to place portals and selected ground blocks, hoping that stepping on them would trigger the portal. The first one only worked because my ground was made of half bricks.

Edit: that might apply to boom_roasted's problem, too.

15. Offline

boom_roasted

Hmm I'm not finding anything about nether portals in any of my Essentials config files. Any other suggestions. Thanks for taking the time out to help me. I appreciate it!

16. Offline

Rigby90

Not sure then this may be a version before the config was introduced.

Try go here and download the latest dev build http://earth2me.net:8001/guestLogin.html?guest=1

Then go in the config and disable nether and portals.

17. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Running into an issue using this build on one of the latest craftbukkits (dev 16):
    http://bukkit.onarandombox.com/multiverse/v1.2-PRE2/MultiVerse.jar

I created a portal to portal link between the nether and my normal world. Portal will portal from world to nether, however trying to portal back from the nether causes my console gets spammed as long as I stand in the cuboid section the portal has been defined in. I will not port out to the world portal.

Portals are named and linked correctly, I double checked to make sure.

(blanked out ownership un)

EDIT: If I set my nether portal to w:world instead, it does let me port out of the nether to world spawn

18. Offline

Rigby90

Sorry I left some output stuff in there... however thats confusing because that should only output when the teleport hasnt managed to find a safe position to teleport you.

Is your destination portal close to the sky box? because that check there is to make sure you dont get portalled out of the sky box.

19. Offline

anchoredpirate

20. Offline

boom_roasted

THANK YOU! I got it working! I did have to update my essentials.

21. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

They did build the portal pretty high up on the top of their building. In fact, the obsidian on top of the portal is at the highest point in the map that's able to have bricks placed in.

22. Offline

Rigby90

Ah ok, well basically it will search outwards of the portal for a safe spot, then gradually move up the map... If it reaches the sky box well it doesnt teleport you. I'll make it so it resets the Y Axis and alerts the player of a blocked portal.

23. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Gotcha.

Would it be possible that there could be an exception coded to maybe move out and up just ever so slightly in case of a condition like that, instead of denying it (just making sure I read your post right)? I know it's got at least two bricks of clearance on the y axis (one brick above the define purple portal, and the fact you can stand on said brick).

But I don't know what problems that could introduce if the character does get bumped into the sky box. I do know originally before 1.2 we were ported WAY above that portal far outside the limit and still came crashing down on top of the portal. So I don't know if it's actually possible to even get stuck in the skybox.

EDIT: Also want to thank you for your prompt responses, great work on this plugin thus far.

24. Offline

Rigby90

I'm tempted to just scrap the current method of portal to portal teleportation.... and have it so each Portal has its own destination block... where you will be teleported to when you pick that portal... if that makes sense.

When you create a portal you also click a block nearby that the player would appear at if they portaled to it.... follows on the idea which someone mentioned of find the closest *BLOCKTYPE* and teleport them to it.

25. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Sounds like a great idea to me, and it makes sense as well (have a little coding experience in sourcepawn, just not java and bukkit APIs). Plus I feel it'll give players a bit more control over their portal destinations [​IMG].

26. Offline

Rigby90

hmm just need to think of a way of assigning it, its a pain...

Could have it so... you select your coordinates, then when you type "/mvpc NAME" the place the player is standing at becomes the destination point.

And then add a way for them to be editted.

27. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Originally was thinking you could just get the position of the person where they stood when creating the portal (one would assume they would be standing in front of the portal anyways), but that could cause headaches with lava and water portals, etc.

In reality, looks as if you'll have to have them stand where they want the exit and make it a command, or roll it into the define command, having them stand where they want it to exit when making the portal.

28. Offline

Rigby90

Yeh, thats my worry... it'll still. use the safe teleporting code so it wont portal people into an area where they'll die... I'll make it so if no safe place is found the user is alerted...

29. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Sounds like a plan for now I suppose. Hopefully a decent system could be thought up sometime in the future, hate to tell those guys they are up the creek because they build the portal too high up. I'm just having them use /home after they portal to the normal world as an alternative at the moment.

30. Offline

Shim0169

Is it possible to create a new world that's a hellworld? Or is this only something that can be done with server.properties on the main world?

31. Offline

Rigby90

hmm you mean Nether??? Yeh it is type "/mvcreate NAME nether"