[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

disturbed13

thanks for the reply
    ill see how it works

3. Offline

dkeulen

Hi all, Im using MV for a while and i love it. but now i have the following problem:
    I have made a nether world with MV and wnat to get rid of the default generated map by bukkit i guessnamed world_nether (and also world_the_end).

Now when i remove these manually they just get regenerated.... so i import the nether map into MV and delete it... and then it gets regenerated...

is there a way to stop bukkit or the mc server from making its own nether world (and end world)?
    the problem is also that these worlds get listed on my online maps and im trying to avoid this, but want to get rid of the worlds anyways... thanks for any help!

4. Offline

Jamie Tees

Yes, Let me point you to the bukkit.yml and the server.properties file

5. Offline

dkeulen

Nice, but i have disabled the end but it still generates one?

6. Offline

PatPeter

I was using Permissions 2.7.4 until about a week ago. Viva la 2.7.4!

Huh, to believe that I was using a copy of the 1.6.6 minecraft.jar to manually generate Skylands with the wr.class. Then again it was more for the fun of exploring than actual use.

SkylandsPlus and Multiverse have truly outdone themselves, bravo guys.

7. Offline

Stortcraft

Hey on my server we are having allot of complaints when people cant get back from the nether, we have only had this problem since we had multiverse does anyone who how to fix this? also it changes your gamemode when change worlds, how do i stop this?
    Thanks
    -Max

8. Offline

Zork766

Skylandsplus + Multiverse works great. I use it with dreamland plugin and it's really simple.

But still having a anoying problem:

Every time we connect to the server, after a client crash or not, we spawn at the main world spawn.
    i'm using CB 1597 and last dev build.

When i put auto-load to false for the main world, the problem disapear, but i need the world to be loaded in multiverse for my portals anyway.

I wondered it the problem could came for multiinv; so i'v try world inventory instead, but the spawn problem still there.

Here are the plugins i use:
    [​IMG]

All the server works fine with 1.0.1, exept this.

Any idea?

9. when i try and move someone to another world it says it wasnt safe type /mvconfirm and when i do, nothing happens.
    i tried opping someone and then i could move them, is there a permission node? because i cant keep changing people from and to op

10. Offline

Rasmu1996

When I try to create a Skyland world it keeps saying that it is an invalid enviroment, i have tried typing it with small and big letters etc.
    I can create both normal and nether worlds, its just the skyland enviroment that doesnt work.
    Do you need to have another plugin besides Multiworld?

11. I saw on a youtube video that you have to make a normal world and then download a skyland map and place it in the worlds folder. that may be a very bad solution but that is what the video said

12. Offline

PatPeter

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/skylandsplus/

13. Offline

intelnavi

I have the same issue, when I load my pre 1.0 world, it does not allow me to build in it. I have * permissions. This is build: 2.1-b326

Code:
    10:20:35 [INFO] [Multiverse-Core] Loading World & Settings - 'oldworld' - NORMAL

10:20:35 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NBTCompressedStreamTools.a(Sourc
    eFile:9)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.WorldNBTStorage.getWorldData(Wor
    ldNBTStorage.java:101)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:157)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.j
    ava:27)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftS
    erver.java:536)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.Bukkit.createWorld(Bukkit.java:159)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.WorldCreator.createWorld(WorldCreator.java
    :191)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.utils.WorldManager.ad
    dWorld(WorldManager.java:84)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.utils.WorldManager.lo
    adWorlds(WorldManager.java:386)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onEnab
    le(MultiverseCore.java:171)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:188)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:968)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:280)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:186)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(Craf
    tServer.java:169)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServe
    r.java:348)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:335)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:165)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:399)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:457)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NBTCompressedStreamTools.a(Sourc
    eFile:9)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.WorldNBTStorage.getWorldData(Wor
    ldNBTStorage.java:112)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:157)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.j
    ava:27)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftS
    erver.java:536)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.Bukkit.createWorld(Bukkit.java:159)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.WorldCreator.createWorld(WorldCreator.java
    :191)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.utils.WorldManager.ad
    dWorld(WorldManager.java:84)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.utils.WorldManager.lo
    adWorlds(WorldManager.java:386)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onEnab
    le(MultiverseCore.java:171)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:188)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:968)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:280)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:186)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(Craf
    tServer.java:169)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServe
    r.java:348)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:335)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:165)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:399)
    10:20:35 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:457)
    10:20:35 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 3 (Seed: 7457329407076034354)
    10:20:36 [INFO] Preparing spawn area for oldworld, 81%
    10:20:37 [INFO] [Multiverse-Core] 1 - World(s) loaded.

14. Offline

Rasmu1996

15. Offline

DrBreadgun

Whats the permission node for /mvtp? Whenever I give it a permission node, it won't work! DAMIT!
    - multiverse.teleport.self.donorbank <--- IS that right?

16. I think thats what happens with me. does it come up that its unsafe to transport there and to type /mvconfirm?

17. Offline

jackkiej

why isn't permissionsex working correctly with multiverse?

18. Offline

worstboy32

19. At a minimum, that's an old version. I've since updated the bukkitdev page to reflect our new Jenkins! http://ci.onarandombox.com

Also, I'm not really around atm. Sorry. Spending the holiday with family.

Cheers!
    --FF

I have (hopefully) updated the OP. It's very difficult keeping all of our documentation (forum, DBO, GitHub Wikis) in sync.

--FF

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  20. Offline

worstboy32

Thanks! will try that one ;)

21. Offline

convictedsaint

Can you explain to me what this means? Every time someone logs in to the server, I get this in the console and they automatically get sent to spawn. It's like Multiverse is overriding where players login. Here's what it says:
    Code:
    11:26 AM [INFO] convictedsaint [/192.168.1.1:52425] logged in with entity id 27506 at ([world] 1065.1875, 68.0, 233.96875)
    11:26 AM [WARNING] [Multiverse-Core] Loc: Location{world=CraftWorld{name=world},x=1334.0,y=66.0,z=720.0,pitch=0.0,yaw=0.0} 
    Where it says "logged in with entity id... yadda yadda yadda" are the coords that I am supposed to spawn in. But then it's like Multiverse overrides this and takes me straight to where I declared the spawnpoint of this world.
    Also, notice it says "world=CraftWorld" I do not have a world named that.
    I checked all the configs, and everything seems to be in order.
    Great plugin, but this spawning issue caused me to temporarily disable the plugin until it is fixed.

22. That was a debug line that got left in. It should be fixed in the newest builds. If you're using spout, there's a bug with spout and the FirstSpawn detection.

23. Offline

convictedsaint

Thank
    Thank you!

24. Offline

Boxmen666

I need help,i tried making a world after downloading stable build for core downloads.
    I also had downloaded Phoenix Terrain Mod for the new world.
    Btw my server has 1.0.1 -R1
    So when i try making it with this coommand:
    /mv create Swag normal -g PhoenixTerrainMod
    in the console,this shows up:

17:57:57 [INFO] PhoenixTerrainMod: config files copied from defaults
    17:57:58 [INFO] PhoenixTerrainMod: settings for 'swag' loaded
    17:57:58 [INFO] PhoenixTerrainMod: enabled for 'swag'
    17:57:58 [INFO] [Multiverse-Core] Loading World & Settings - 'swag' - NORMAL & C
    ustom Generator: PhoenixTerrainMod
    17:57:58 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mv'
    in plugin Multiverse-Core v2.1-b326
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    5)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    78)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:757)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:722)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:715)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/NoiseGeneratorOc
    taves2
    at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.Generator.BiomeManagerPTM.<init>(BiomeManagerPTM.
    java:25)
    at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.PTMPlugin.WorldInit(PTMPlugin.java:143)
    at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.Generator.ChunkProviderPTM.getFixedSpawnLocation(
    ChunkProviderPTM.java:443)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.c(World.java:207)
    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.c(WorldServer.java:168)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:179)
    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:27)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:536)
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.createWorld(Bukkit.java:159)
    at org.bukkit.WorldCreator.createWorld(WorldCreator.java:191)
    at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.utils.WorldManager.addWorld(WorldMana
    ger.java:84)
    at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.commands.CreateCommand.runCommand(Cre
    ateCommand.java:65)
    at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.CommandHandler.checkAndRunCommand(Co
    mmandHandler.java:245)
    at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.CommandHandler.processFoundCommands(
    CommandHandler.java:115)
    at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.CommandHandler.locateAndRunCommand(C
    ommandHandler.java:70)
    at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onCommand(MultiverseCo
    re.java:406)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    ... 12 more

25. Offline

Greylocke

I don't know if this is actually an MV issue or not, but I thought I'd start my quest here.

Ghast fireballs do almost no damage to players. I can take a full hit with no armor on and it only does 1 heart of damage. I've tried turning off all plugins except bPermissions, CommandBook, and WorldEdit, and get the same results. Fireballs are destroying the landscape and I am taking damage... but just very little damage. I've tried setting the difficulty in the MV config for world_nether to NORMAL and to HARD, but there is no difference.

Any ideas? I haven't seen this issue anywhere else, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

26. Offline

xcanner

Downloaded newest dev build.
    If i create a world with "/mv create test normal", teleport to the world, find a stronghold and activate "the end" portal, nothing happens when i go through it (no errors)?
    I can do a "/mvtp world_the_end" with no problems.

27. Offline

Boxmen666

xcanner,who're you talking to?
    cause after i downloaded craftbukkit 1.0.1 R2 the same thing happens

28. Offline

xcanner

Im using 1.0.1 R1

29. You'll notice that on the stable download page, that version is for CB 1337. Please grab a dev build from http://ci.onarandombox.com

30. Offline

xcanner

Fernferret helped me om IRC. The solution is to install Nether-Portals too, and link the world to world_the_end. It works like a dream now.

fernferret likes this.
  31. Offline

convictedsaint

Hey any idea when a new version of MV will be out? I really need that FirstSpawn thing fixed. I can't use Spout and Multiverse at the same time otherwise :(