[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Zelif

With the spawn is pitch and yaw always ment to be = 0 ?

3. Offline

spirit293

Hey man i cant place any blocks in my world 0.o but i can break

4. Offline

doblez

Hey i've just made a bukkit server running the following plugins: "Minecartmania (All of them), Essentials (All except Essentialsprotect) and then Multiverse" And i was wondering if i could get Essentials Groupmanager to work with the MV worlds, so that if one player was Admin in one world he could still only be builder on another? Maybe i can do it already but just needs to be taught how, i really hope that it can be solved, because it would be alot more fun to play on my server if the persons could have diffrent ranks on diffrent worlds created with MV.

5. Offline

Raycrash

Is there a command to turn off the tool functions ?

6. Offline

micromoose

Players are kicked for moving too fast when they die in lava and respawn.

Code:
    2011-08-03 17:41:23 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] kivenkantaja took a long walk off a sho
    rt pier.
    2011-08-03 17:41:28 [WARNING] kivenkantaja moved too quickly! Elapsed ticks: 13,
     Distance change: 1192301.0
    2011-08-03 17:41:28 [INFO] kivenkantaja lost connection: user was kicked.
    2011-08-03 17:41:28 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse 

7. Offline

respetenudillos

I love this plugin, but I had a question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

I have two "normal" worlds and two "nether" worlds but I would like each normal world to have its own, respective nether. Is this possible to define? As of now, making portals in either of the normal worlds usually takes you to the single nether defined in the config. Is there a way to assign each world its own nether? Thanks. :)

8. That's something you'll have to configure within GroupManager. I do not know how.

Multiverse 2 supports this, but requires CB 1024+. Check this out: https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-NetherPortals/wiki/Command-Reference

Think so for the spawn. In MV2 we use the built in bukkit methods, which do not support pitch/yaw to my knowledge.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  9. Offline

DrAgonmoray

10. Mutable permissions.

11. Offline

enkious

will someone help me? i read all i could, and even watched youtube vids.

How do i make a portal work between 2 worlds?
    it's just not working for me. and the multiverse cheat sheet will not open for me.

12. Offline

Kadah

Is there any reason why some of my portals would suddenly stop working? One of them works only from one side and from the other it TPs to the other world then instantly TPs back as soon as the world loading screen finishes. There's nothing different about how its setup than the others and nothing changed on the server nor in the configs between those the time it worked and stopped :s

13. Offline

Mmartin

Code:
    13:04:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVTeleport.canTravelFromWorld(MVTeleport.java:374)
            at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPlayerListener.java:262)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:164)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

What to do? It works and now that.. It isn't porting me.

14. Offline

Nboy

Having troubles installing Multiverse-Core 2.0:
    Code:
    13:57:47 [INFO] [Multiverse-Core] - Version 2.0-b186 Enabled - By Rigby and fernferret
    13:57:47 [INFO] [Multiverse-Core] - Attached to Permissions
    13:57:47 [INFO] [AllPay] - Version .5.1 - hooked into iConomy(4.X) for Multiverse-Core v2.0-b186
    13:57:47 [SERIOUS] Error occurred while enabling Multiverse-Core v2.0-b186 (Is it up to date?): org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.recalculatePermissionDefaults(Lorg/bukkit/permissions/Permission;)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.recalculatePermissionDefaults(Lorg/bukkit/permissions/Permission;)V
        at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.Command.addToParentPerms(Command.java:144)
        at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.Command.setPermission(Command.java:115)
        at com.pneumaticraft.commandhandler.Command.setPermission(Command.java:109)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.commands.HelpCommand.<init>(HelpCommand.java:26)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.registerCommands(MultiverseCore.java:233)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onEnable(MultiverseCore.java:149)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

15. https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ
    https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core/wiki/

16. Offline

jonzee27

one thing i would really like to see in an update is a password to use a portal or a permissions node to only allow certain groups to use the portal

17. Offline

Nboy

18. Offline

miguel71

can you put like a option that when nobody is in a world the time cicle freeze?

19. Offline

lzravanger

quick fix... the /mvhelp commmand says the new world syntax is
    /mv create WORLDNAME ENVIRONMENT
    when is should be
    /mvcreate WORLDNAME ENVIRONMENT
    the space between isn't right. its a quick fix on your part but i dont see anyone picking up on it.

20. Offline

xxdoodlebob

How do you set the essentials there ? For example, No creeper explosions no TnT explosions, Etc.

-FOR THE WORLDS YOU MAKE WITH MULTIVERSE /mvcreate -

21. Offline

Kommy000

guys... I had to install multiverse core because of the custom terrain generator I wanted to use and from reading wiki I see that portal is now a separate plugin, but where the heck can I download it??? I have another world now and none of my portals to it work, so what do I use now??

22. Password is not yet done, but I already have a way I think to do it, Your part B request is already done in MV2.

@Everyone

There will be NO more features/bugfixes/commits in general to MV1.

MV1 works in CB 1000
    MV2 works in CB 1024+

If you want the new features you'll have to upgrade your CraftBukkit version.

Something similar to this will happen in MV2.1

Yea, there were a bunch of these little things. Think we've gotten most of them resolved with MV2.

These are features that are provided with WorldGuard. Multiverse is world management, not world protection. I do NOT see these as essentials at all.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

23. Offline

Kommy000

so can anyone direct me to the mv2 portal plugin??? Am I missing something or its not released yet?? and if not what plugin for portal anyone using with mv2?

24. ci.onarandombox.com

25. Offline

aeronx

What does MVimport do?

26. Offline

imjoe

Getting this error,

Code:
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Input/output error
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.write(Native Method)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.writeInt(RandomAccessFile.java:1003)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:343)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:279)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkBuffer.close(SourceFile:259)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(DeflaterOutputStream.java:166)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(FilterOutputStream.java:160)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(SourceFile:64)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:164)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:213)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.save(World.java:210)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1718)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-08-04 18:39:06 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    after i deleted a world giving me this error.

Code:
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [INFO] Chunk (-5, -4) stored at  (-6, -3)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [INFO] net.minecraft.server.Chunk
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE] java.lang.Throwable
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:124)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.World.getChunkAt(World.java:274)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkCache.<init>(SourceFile:28)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:2128)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.B(EntityCreature.java:177)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:73)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.v(EntityLiving.java:685)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.v(EntityMonster.java:26)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.m_(EntityMonster.java:30)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreeper.m_(EntityCreeper.java:68)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1198)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1180)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1104)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-08-03 09:20:49 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27. MVImport is used if you find a world folder online or something (a friend gives you one. etc.) and you want to have it in your server exactly as it is. /mvinport FOLDERNAME normal/nether/skylands

Looks like a corrupt world to me.

28. Offline

zecheesy

29. Offline

Zelif

^ permissions problem not multiverse problem.

When you left and right click you will see a msg pop up.

in MV2 it uses world edit regions :D yay

30. Offline

akiranai

I have a probleme, for me /mvcreate and importe is not existe, for what?

31. Offline

Jacek

Hey, I have a problem with whitelisting but first let me explain a little. I run a small server and have recently gotten a large number or requests from people wanting to be whitelisted. The problem is that I don't know these people and am not sure if they just want to grief, so the plan is to have the default world as a place where anyone can join and then another two worlds both with whitelists.

Something else I should mention is that I would like to be able to use the plugin CreativeGates instead of the portal system with MultiVerse, just because it is a little simpler and I already use it for some other things.

So what I tried was
    Code:
    playerWhitelist: 'not_wide_load'
    as a test, but this still allows me (wide_load) to enter the world.

What am I doing wrong :( ?

Also, could somebody explain what the "splike" config option does ?