[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Zelif

^ or simply in word pad ;D
    When setting the spawn it doesnt take into fact the way you face anymore ? I'm always facing west.
    Nvm about whats in the spoiler. I just read the github abou portals being under dev still.
    Show Spoiler

I'm getting a problem with the portals pluging, it throws a million of these at me.
    b1029
    I get this on start up

3. Offline

DudeGuy676

[SERVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to multiverse

I get this error in the console whenever i load multiverse.
    when i try to use any multiverse command ingame, I get this

Permissions is not enabled, or cannot be found

my bukkit version is 1000
    my multiverse version is 1.7.2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  4. For those of you posting a dickton of times in the hopes someone will notice you, maybe someone will.

I will not.

5. Offline

ACStache

@DudeGuy676 stop hitting post! D: holy crap quintuple post lol.
    make sure you don't have 2 multiverse jars for some reason.

6. Offline

arthoz

Hope the migrator will take "destlocation: p:portal" as well ^^;

7. Offline

DudeGuy676

my bukkit version is 1000
    my multiverse version is 1.7.2

8. Offline

Strahan

Use the MultiInv plugin:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-multiinv-v2-3-0-per-world-inventories-1000.4742/

PS.. bumping my question from a few days ago: Is it possible to get a list of where people are without using the chat prefixes? Thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Hmm thought I replied to this, There's a good chance that I typed it up and forgot to hit submit. Sorry.

MV2 supports /mvwho which shows you who is in what world.

10. Offline

Vetos

fern, could you please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I posted back on page 156 but nobody has even replied yet :( I would very much appreciate your help

11. Offline

Stales89

Quick question,

All the commands work fine except any of the spawn commands. Instead I get internal error. Is this a permissions problem (I hope not cos I have the nodes etc) or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

12. "
    at org.anjocaido.groupmanager.permissions.NijikoPermissionsProxy.permission(NijikoPermissionsProxy.java:241)
    "

Definetly a problem with GroupMangager. Sorry I am not an essentials fan, and I really hate to say this, to any user, but GroupManager is not supported.

The Permissions policy with MV2 is: We support ANYTHING that uses the Bukkit API and P2/3 for a bit.

Explanation on Permissions:
    Why don't you guys support all of them?
    Well It's not that we don't test with all of them, it's just we get questions all the time "Why isn't permission x,y,z working?" Well that's a question for the appropreat permissions team. Unfortunately Perms plugins are usually too busy to deal with this, so this explanation gets passed off to us, the devs that use the provided plugins.

Why do you support Permissions 3?
    I used to support Permissions 3, that's because I used it at the time. Now on my dev box i've switched over to PermissionsBukkit (the bukkit API one). Why? Simple. Seriously, this plugin is amazing.

Wait, so if you support XYZ, why won't you help me with it?
    Your car supports stereo upgrades. You can do them. They have been proven to work. Upgrade your car's stero then take it back to the dealership and ask them how to change the radio station. They have no idea how to do this.

This is the same thing with whatever permission plugin you've found/are using. MV is known to work with GroupManager with FakePermissions, but I've never used it (when I installed it a few moons ago, it gave me a message that development was ceasing and I should use P3...), therefore I can't really help out with it. The only way we even provide help is from personal experience with Perm plugin X.

Why are you telling me this now?
    Well a bunch of people have been wondering what's taking so long with MV2. The number one thing that takes away from my time coding? (Drumroll) Helping people setup permissions. Plain and simple. I could just not help people (and I don't those who treat me or others like an ass) but that's not really in the spirit of things. If you come in our IRC channel, and ask nicely for help. Either someone will help you OR I will respond and try to help if no one else has. It may not happen instantly, as it would turn out I have a job, just idle and someone will be with you.

Now, let me clairify something:

@Vetos

I am not yelling at you at all. You asked very politely (which if you ask anyone in our IRC channel, I just straight up won't respond if people are being asses) and I didn't want to respond with "No I don't support that". I felt an explanation was in order for you (and everyone else asking about permissions).

The final wrap up Q/A:

If Permissions are such a hassle, why does MV force me to use them?!?!
    Quick Answer: MV2 does not.
    Long Answer: No 2 servers are alike. If we used ops.txt (remember MV2 does use this) we the developers get to decide the permissions. You really don't want Rigby and I doing that. I'll give every one of your users the ability to create worlds. Your server. Will. Die.
    Medium Length Answer: If you don't want to use Perms with MV2, sweet. All users will be able to access all worlds, and non-ops can do nothing apart from use portals to get to other worlds. they cannot use /mvtp. These will not change. If you want them different, use Permissions. (hey we're back to where we started :D)

Please post a stack trace.

But of course.

Your portals should work identically before and after the transition. UNLESS you used:

p:portal

But wait, you just said...

I said Identically. They're actually better :) Now if you do p:MyPortal you will be placed inside the portal (rather than on the corner) facing north. Don't like north? Change it to p:MyPortal:[n,e,s,w,ne,se,sw,nw] and players will spawn like that. Don't like being inside the portal? Too bad. use the e: type if you really like being on the corner. (e stands for exact: e:world:x,y,z[: Pitch:yaw])

Why did you put that in the destination, rather than the portal?

This way, if you can have a portals MypA, MypB and MypC. pA and pB both go to C, but pA goes to p:MyC:n and pB goes to p:MypC:s. I think you get the picture now :D

13. Offline

Kazel

14. Offline

Zelif

You will have to use permissions to set this up, google world edit wiki, it has each command and permission node on the wiki page.

Would I be able to use the :[n,e,s,w] for spawns too ?

Also on a note about the double posting, there was a bug last nigth where the posts were not showing up, I had posted 3 times none had shown, waited for 2 hrs and checked and all posts where there. So I deleted mine so don't be too mad about the multipost that dudeguy did he just didn't realise that posting was borked at the time. ;D

15. Offline

Stales89

What is a stack trace and how would I do so?

16. Offline

arthoz

Awesome, e: will be most useful <3

17. Offline

Macximilian

I like that idea so much! I always had trouble with porting to another place and looking at a damn wall. Nice to hear that this will be added!

18. Offline

MiHo

Please implement Bukkit Supermssupport or make your source open source!

19. Offline

Vetos

Thanks for your informative reply fern. I've removed GroupManager from the server and it stopped the internal error messages, but now it tells me Permissions is inactive, or can't be found. I don't understand why, because I re-installed Permissions (1.7.4) 2 or 3 times in attempts to fix my previous problem. I am so confused... I am an admin of the server, and in the permissions config Admins have access to all commands. I can't tell if I have the wrong thing installed or if I am just bad at using this. :S

20. Offline

[qwerty]

Hey whats this error coming from???
    Code:
    2011-07-26 22:10:03 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_QUIT to PermissionsBukkit
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attachment cannot be null
    at org.bukkit.permissions.PermissibleBase.removeAttachment(PermissibleBase.java:134)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftHumanEntity.removeAttachment(CraftHumanEntity.java:104)
    at com.platymuus.bukkit.permissions.PermissionsPlugin.unregisterPlayer(PermissionsPlugin.java:137)
    at com.platymuus.bukkit.permissions.PlayerListener.onPlayerQuit(PlayerListener.java:24)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$2.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:251)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:146)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.disconnect(NetServerHandler.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:135)
    at com.firestar.mcbans.mcbans_handler.kick(mcbans_handler.java:486)
    at com.firestar.mcbans.mcbans.onCommand(mcbans.java:335)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

21. Offline

arthoz

mcbans it seems.

22. Offline

Ratchet

did the permissions change in the 2.0-core version? my mods can't /mvtp <world>

23. Ah alright, well my bad. Thank you for the explanation, but his WERE showing up right away (I know because I get notified). I will forgive the people on the previous page, and if they still need help. please mention me in a post or hop in IRC.

Great idea! (about the spawns NSEW) You will later today :p

Both are already done. See source at: https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Portals https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-NetherPortals

I'm now offically keeping the GH issues up to date. Feel free to post issuse in Core and NetherPortals only. Do NOT post issues in Portals at this time. I will just close them. Portals is the only one that's still a bit rusty, and before it's feature complete, i'm not accepting bug tickets. If you find a bug in ANY of them, the fastest way to get it fixed is to first notify me in IRC #multiverse, then post a ticket once I confirm it. Then simply watch for your ticket to close and pull that build.

If this is the first time you're installing MV. I'd highly recommend the beta. I finally got around to refactoring the teleportation method, and it's a lot better now. See Here on how to install Core. If you want our style portals, you'll have to install Multiverse-Portals too.

Hop in IRC if you need help with MV2. This Goes for ANYONE.

I'm so sick of telling people everything is basically fixed in MV2, so I'm gonna start suggesting people use it. If you need the portal migrator, you'll have to wait a bit longer, but starting from scratch should be fine. Also you still NEED WorldEdit if you're gonna try out Multiverse-Portals.

Yea, sorry. Entirely. But we did this to make it easier to use. Also, when people fail at a command, it should tell them what they're missing.

All new commands are on this page: https://github.com/Herocraft/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Command-Reference

As for MVTP, it actually has 2 (they're on that page, but since you asked nicely, and specifically I don't mind going into it here)

multiverse.core.tp.self AND multiverse.core.tp.other

I'm sure you can figure out the difference :)

arthoz likes this.
  24. Offline

Zelif

^_^ I'm not sure if MV1 support it be4 as most of my spawns pointed east ;D
    This is music to my ears, I was wondering about the permissions node yesterday too but found them on git very useful for giving people the commands but not fully :D

Don't know if I would need this as I could setup blacklisted people for worlds but multiverse.core.tp.self.<world> Pretty much would be useless once the portals plugin is in full swing.

25. @Zelif
    @arthoz

I lied.

This will NOT get done later today. It's already done :)
    Check out build #155

arthoz likes this.
  26. Offline

Zelif

Hahahah I just saw 7 mins ago a bit after I posted. Cheer heaps :D

27. Offline

Ratchet

thanks a lot :)

28. Offline

MrRotten

Will this work with Essentials Group Manager?

29. Offline

jasvecht

If youd read your own error you'd find you should be looking at McBans, not multiverse.

fernferret likes this.
  30. In addition to the comment by @jasvecht you could also look at the other reply you got from @arthoz who identified this earlier today.

*sigh*

It has been reported to work with fake permissions. I cannot verify this.

Yea so basically Jenkins went nuts tonight... I swear I didn't fail like 30 builds... Should be fixed soonishly.

31. Offline

EpicATrain

Can somebody tell me why sometimes my server will add a line something like:

On line 10 of the config file? I'll upload a new config and the server keeps putting a line in it, which causes the server to unable to load the iChat file. I have to replace the entire iChat and MultiVerse directories and .jar files to stop the server from doing that...