[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

RobotGymnast

This should definitely be an option, then. Intra-world travel and inter-world are different enough to be separate things.

3. Offline

blackalegator

Heya everyone! I just updated to the latest bukkit build 739 (It didnt work on the previous one too)

This is what I get:
    http://mibpaste.com/Swx6Tu

4. Offline

fffizzz

2 things
    that error is about firstspawn plugin

second, 739 is pretty old, 798 is the latest reccomended build, and this plugin is tested again 766..

5. Offline

Rich Boos

I'm using iChat. It should also be noted that if I disable Essentials Group Manager it will work. So Its possible while editing some group permissions that I messed something up.

6. Offline

Johnnyszs

@all HAVING "IS IT UP TO DATE" ERROR:

I downloaded iConomy as a plugin, and now I don't get the error anymore!

7. Offline

kaasinees

I wish it did not have portals since i am using stargate but oh well :p

8. Offline

Maxis010

Just remove all portal permissions from all groups and don't set up any portals, I use MultiVerse alongside AncientGates, no MV portals, No problem

9. Offline

kaasinees

Well i would appreciate it if it was a separated plugin, because i think half of the people would not use it..
    Anyway thanks for the plugin : D

10. Offline

Swadon

Hello guys,

I've got this error in the console a lot of time :( :
    Code:
    19:08:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MultiVerse
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPla
    yerListener.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:268)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:289)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394) 
    CB Build : 766
    Thank you for helping me :)

11. Offline

Survivorman

How does the block blacklist work? I want to prevent players from taking gunpowder into the 'outterlands' world. I have my blacklist as follows:
    Code:
        outterlands:
            animals: true
            pvp: true
            alias: ''
            blockBlacklist: '289'
            worldBlacklist: ''
            spawn: 0:64:0:0.0:0.0
            mobs: true
            price: 100.0
            environment: NORMAL
            editWhitelist: ''
            playerBlacklist: ''
            playerWhitelist: ''
            editBlacklist: ''
    But I can still teleport into the world with gunpowder in my inventory. Is it possible to prevent this?

12. Offline

Lildirt

You're putting it under BLOCK blacklist.

Don't know exactly how to put gunpowder, but I know blockblacklist is BLOCKS, such as TNT. You could use TNT (46) instead of gunpowder, it should block it.

EDIT: Also make sure your going through a portal when doing it. If your using /world then it will override everything and let you continue on your merry way.

13. Offline

Survivorman

Ah, well what I'm trying to do is prevent players from taking the mats for TNT across worlds. I want them to be able to use it there.

14. Offline

c0mp

Your error seems to be map corruption. Rename your g3nus folder to g3nus_backup and restart your server, my guess is that it will start up just fine. If it does, you can try try restoring a recent backup, if you have one. If not, you could run it through Chunkster to hopefully recover most of it, or just call it a loss and start a fresh map if it's not that important.

15. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Actually, I'd made a very basic mistake: I'd assumed I had the latest. :x Works fine now!

16. Offline

realm174

Hello,

just installed MV, and there's no error in the log file when I start the server. I gave my username multiverse.* in permissions. No matter which /mv command I try, I get "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command", and in server.log, I get "Unhandled exception executing command 'mvlist' in plugin MultiVerse v1.6.4

Where should I look for the obvious error I've made? In Permissions? In one of the MV config file?

thanks!

--Edit: I figured it out.. my permissions file was broken.

17. Offline

Anthony Keener

i dont know if anyone else has had this issue but everytime i try to use any of the commands for MV i get this error "you do not have the rights to access this command" i have my permissions file set up and ive double checked, triple checked and then checked some more to make sure i had all the permissions for this plugin installed... and i do.
    here is a list of what i have and the ver. # of course

Craftbukkit v.766
    permissions v2.7.4
    and of course Multiverse 1.6.4 with these permissions(copy and pasted directly from my permissions)
    - multiverse.world.create
    - multiverse.world.import
    - multiverse.world.remove
    - multiverse.tp
    - multiverse.world.setspawn
    - multiverse.world.spawn
    - multiverse.list
    - multiverse.portal.create
    - multiverse.portal.select
    - multiverse.portal.destination
    - multiverse.portal.remove
    - multiverse.portal.list
    any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

18. Offline

Bradders

Does this world like with other world permissions?

19. Offline

The_Ardly374

I'm with Keener, I'm flabbergasted to say the least.

I cannot use any of the commands, period. I am Administrator, with '*' Permissions, AND Operator status.

I even added all the permissions, with and without the hyphen, testing each one.

20. Offline

realm174

Alright... either I'm not understanding something, or I'm doing something wrong...

I have 2 worlds. Multi and ManualSeed. I can mvtp back and forth between each, and land at the manually created spawn point in each. I can also mvtp between portals created in the other world. For example, if I'm in Multi, I can mvtp p:genstore and it will take me to the proper portal point in ManualSeed.

My understanding from reading this:
    Simply left-click one block, then right-click another, to make a cuboid selection. Once a portal is made, whenever a player comes into contact with the blocks, including air, within that selection, they will be teleported to the portal's destination.
    is that all I have to do is walk to the created block (my set1 and set2 are the same block).

So here's what I did. Went to Multi, selected a block (with the wooden pickaxe, as per default) then did:

/mvpc factory

Went to the ManualSeed world, selected a block, then did:

/mvpc genstore p:factory
    /mvps factory
    /mvpd p:genstore

Any idea why I can't automatically go from one to the other?

thanks!

21. Offline

GmK

You didnt create a portal: Left/Righlick a cuboid in *one* world, not only one block in both worlds ;)

22. Offline

realm174

Thanks for your response. The portals are created tho, as per the Portals.yml:

Code:
    portals:
        factory:
            price: 0.0
            destlocation: p:genstore
            owner: realm174
            world: Multi
        genstore:
            price: 0.0
            destlocation: p:factory
            owner: realm174
            world: manualseed

23. Offline

Ryan Glusic

ok whenever i make a portal(or try to) it says coords not set, i used the wand to set the coords after i select the cuboid do i have to issue a command or something please help ?

24. Offline

GmK

As you can see, each portal consists of exactly one block - how do you think you can 'enter' that block? ;) Make the portals again, and select a cuboid shape for the portal area, so you have something you can 'enter' into.

"Once a portal is made, whenever a player comes into contact with the blocks, including air, within that selection, they will be teleported to the portal's destination."

-> You must come into contact with the blocks 'in your selection' - not the edge blocks you select for the cuboid!

25. Offline

Xordaii

I don't think it is just that you must come in contact, I think you actually have to "enter" the cuboid, such as your coordinates must be within one of the blocks in the cuboid. I bet if you deleted or mined out that one block you selected in both worlds, the portal would work fine when you dropped down into the hole.

You could just set a temporary dirt block on TOP of the block you want someone to step onto to port, then make IT the portal. You can destroy the temporary block after you select the area. It just needs to be something you can click on to set coordinates. Or set the temp block and the one below it as the portal. Then try removing the temp block.

I set up entire doorways for our portals, but hadn't thought of the problem that way until you had your problem. I could actually set up invisible portals, that just somehow you fall through the world LOL! I am glad you posted about it, as it was fun to think about. Either ways should work, with or without doorways. Doorways just give you something to click on for the space to enter.

26. Offline

realm174

ohhh I now see where I got confused... I was watching the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pggQ3N92sE8. Starting at 1:38, I see (now) that he created a block on top of the ground level, which he assigned as the portal, then destroyed the block. So in effect, when he's walking to where the block used to be, he's walking INTO the portal, instead of against its boundary. Do I get this right?

And despite browsing through the 107 pages of this thread, I didn't see (maybe I missed it) anything about this, but can minecart go through portals as well? I'm assuming they cannot as I just tried to do that, and it didn't work... any plans to do that if it's not already there?

Thanks for your help, it's highly appreciated!!

27. Offline

Lildirt

I'm unsure of the other blacklists, but you could try putting the gunpowder ID in those. I don't restrict items, so I wouldent have much more of a clue.

28. Offline

syconox

How do I change which world is the "main" world without screwing everything up?
    Actually, how can I use commands like "/time set " to work on a different world other than my original

29. Offline

Xordaii

In your main minecraft server folder, you will find a file called server.properties:

#Minecraft server properties
    #Wed Apr 27 14:01:46 PDT 2011
    level-name=Aria
    hellworld=false
    spawn-monsters=true

this is the first few lines of mine. I just changed level-name to aria, from "world" was the default. It has also been another world of mine at various times.

I think I also changed some of the groupmanager settings, because I wanted it to mirror Aria's permissions, not the default one after a time. I don't believe that is neccessary, if you have all permissions the same across all worlds, or even if you already have them set to your liking. Just something else to consider with it.

30. Offline

Chubbs99

Okay, hopefully someone can help me out with a problem I'm having... And hopefully it isn't something painfully obvious that I'm doing wrong.

I've got 3 worlds running on our server. Our Default map (RTFM), a Nether map (nether), and a Portal map (portal). I've successfully created a mv portal between a nether portal (obsidian portal) and the nether map. And you can go back and forth just fine. However, Now I'm trying to create a portal to the portal map, and I manage to get there, but when I come back I get sent underground into a tiny cave.

I've tried making a cubeoid selection (like a nether portal), I've tried placing a block of dirt to make a 1-block portal then removing the dirt. It doesn't seem to mater how the portal is made. Whenever I teleport to it either via a portal or the /mvtp p: command I get sent underground to this cave.

Edit: Upon playing around more to try and figure things out. I'm able to create a single block portal (test), and link it to another single block portal (test2) and successfully warp between the two. But when I attempt to /mvtp p:test or p:test2 I'm sent back to my little underground cave. :confused:

31. Offline

Trevor Bradley

Hey there.. I'm loving this mod, but I'm having some problems getting Multiverse and Permissions working together.

I have two worlds: Alpha (the default) and Beta. Each has their own yml file set up. Alpha.yml and Beta.yml are near duplicates of each other, but I've removed some permissions on Beta.yml, and changed some prefix colours. Changes to sections *other* than permissions work fine. Changes to Worlds.yml work fine (Alpha is Normal, Beta is Nether)

My problem is that the group level permissions for Default appear to be ignored for Beta. It's using permissions from Alpha. I'm attempting to remove access to the /home and /warp commands in Beta, but either removing the relevant lines from Beta, or adding a - prefix to them has no effect.

Here's a copy of my source files (No idea why pastebin added lines, I assure you they're not in the files!)

http://pastebin.com/hWaB2GHr

My plugins at the moment are: EssentialsGeoIP.jar EssentialsProtect.jar HeroicDeath.jar MultiVerse.jar Essentials.jar EssentialsSpawn.jar iChat.jar Permissions.jar

Any ideas? Thanks!