Economy Plugin Idea (Dynamic Pricing)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BooGaLoo90, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BooGaLoo90

Hello! I have an idea for an economy plugin. its of fthe top of my head so sorry for any confusions. i just thought of it. this could help prevent various things that may happen on a server such as:
    - Xraying
    - AutoFarms
    - players exploiting any possible price errors in shop such as:
    -- buying a couple items for a certain price, and sell the crafted item for profit
    -- putting wrong prices on signs
    -- making an item too expensive or too cheap

This may be quite extensive and im sure will take a lot of work, but i believe the larger the server, the more effective this will be.

PLUGIN IDEA: turn shop prices into dynamic pricing, where shop prices will change based on supply and demand. for example, the more you sell any one item, the less its worth. the more you buy any one item, the more its worth.

specifics:
    1) Make shop signs just as you would any other shop plugin. for example: diamond ore costs 100c

2)- 100c is considered the control price for diamond ore. in settings you can set a cap on items on how dramatic the dynamic pricing will be. the setting will be as follows in a config file:
    - Dynamic Minimum Price: [value 0.1%-100%]
    - Dynamic Maximum Price: [value 0.1%-100%]
    the percent = the amount to be add to control price. for 100c, if you put for maximum 25%, the maximum price would be 125c. if you put 25% for minimum, the minimum price diamond ore will ever be is 75c
    note: if you put 0%, there will be no prices changes.
    note: -1 means there is no cap (if negative numbers dont work, make it anything above 100)

3) this is how to determine how quickly the maximum or minimum price will be reached:
    config options:
    - Dynamic percent change on player buy: 0.1%-100%
    - Dynamic percent change on player sell: 0.1%-100%
    this is how much to add or subtract from item price at a given sale. this allows server owners to make prices go up quickly while selling lowers slowly, or vice versa. they can also put the same amount on each so one sell = one buy.
    - (optional) minutes until next price drop: (0 = disabled) (default: 60) which is one hour.
    regardless of sales, this lowers the price of all items after the given time. 25 minutes means the price will drop every 25 minutes. note: disabling this feature means prices will only drop when a player sells that item to shop.
    - percent amount of each price drop: 0.1%-100%
    this means after the specified time, all items will drop by this percent of its control price regardless of sales.

4) Disable dynamic pricing for specific items. put one data value per line. for example:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Offline

au2001

@BooGaLoo90 For number 4, it won't be ids, since they are no longer used, but the names ;)
    And I would like to add something, for the config: you can configure the line on wich the price is (1 to 4) and the format (e.g. "${PRICE}" on line 4 for Essentials). That would add more configurability, and should be compatible with any shop plugin (even custom ones) :D

Note: I'm not doing this plugin (for now?), since school is talking all my time, but if nobody wants to make it, I will try during a week-end, or next vacations (but that might be far). So If anyone wants to take it, that's okay :p

3. Offline

BooGaLoo90

just to be sure everyone knows, i dont run a sever. i used to but i just came back to minecraft playing on a server that does not sell ores due to xraying and autofarming and thought figured this may help with tthat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.