Inactive [ECON / RPG] MultiCurrency v0.1 - Multiple Currencies. The only plugin. [1.2.3-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by YoshiGenius, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Offline

YoshiGenius

MultiCurrency
    by Ashtheking, continued by YoshiGenius
    What is MultiCurrency? A lightweight yet powerful plugin providing multiple currencies. Perfect for that RP server with different nations! Or perhaps usable for that Stock Market server? Whatever you are looking for, this plugin is for you. Updated for my servers, I decided to update this for the world.

Download:
    MultiCurrency Bukkit Dev

All information at BukkitDev!

Sleaker you might want vault to support this again. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

Typical_Name

I've been looking for something like this for a while now...

However, I dislike the idea of having currencies be pegged to items. It's unrealistic and doesn't allow as much control over monetary policy. Is there a way we can modify the system so that the currencies are entirely virtual, similar to iconomy (but with multiple currencies)?

3. Offline

Sleaker

YoshiGenius, vault never dropped support for it, if you updated it to break functionality feel free to put in a patch. personally I have no interest in keeping multicurrency support functional. It doesn't work well without having a 'standard' to base all transactions on instead of holding values for each currency (it may have changed).

4. Offline

YoshiGenius

Typical_Name I have only updated the plugin, not added any features... yet... And the currencies are virtual, just to get the currency you need to convert the certain item into it. This can be incentive, e.g. Let iron be currency1 and people are encouraged to get currency1 so they can buy stuff, while currency2 might be gold..

Sleaker is there any code I have to put in for it to be hooked for vault? Or do you code it in to vault?

5. Offline

Typical_Name

That's what I'm talking about, I don't want people to be able to convert iron (or whatever the standard is chosen to be) to currency, I want it to be entirely virtual. Having the ability to convert physical items into currency will peg the currency to the value of that item. Is there a way I can disable this feature or change the access so that only certain people (ie, admins and nation leaders) can create more currency? Or perhaps set it to an item which doesn't regularly exist so that only the admins can spawn them (ie, pumpkin stems)?

6. Offline

YoshiGenius

Give the admins and the nation leaders the permission to create them, then give the players the permission to have the currencies. Then all you need to do is during the creation, set the item to be pumpkin stems or whatever... Then admins can pay other players and the currency gets spread out.

And you can also change the exchange rate between the currency and the item...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016