[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

City Builder

Yah that's what I'm going to do later today.

Thanks

3. Offline

killerbeez

@Acrobot
    Did some testing. The report on the empty shop works great.

If you create a shop, it now says it has been protected by LWC. The issue with this is that it counts towards peoples limits. I have donors set up so that each level gets more protects. Old shops created before 2.0 though do not count towards the number and don't say NOTICE: This chest was protected by killerbeez. or something along that line. Massive Issue.

I created a Pork shop and filled it with raw pork, stacks of 1, did it in my name as with a single chest
    killerbeez
    1:1
    Pork
    When someone would sell to the shop, it would take the item, tell them the shop was full, not put the item in the chest and not give them any money over and over. If there was 1 slot left in the chest, they could keep selling to the chest and one slot would stay open and the second spot from the top left would keep stacking. They could buy from it fine.

I also did one full of stacks of strings. They could buy from it fine. If the chest had 1 slot open they could only sell 1 to the shop, it would not stack. If the shop was full, they could not sell to it and it would not take the item or money.

Admin shops work fine. It did say that the chest from registered to admin shop with LWC.

When people try to right click on someones elses chest shop, it says this chest is protected by a magical spell and do not steal.

4. Offline

Acrobot

@killerbeez

LWC protection - I'll make it optional
    The stacking issue - I'll have to look into it, because the way it checks if there's any free space is just checking if there is empty slot.
    The pork - unfortunately, I think I can't do anything with pork bug, just don't use the shop while edible item is in hand (Minecraft automatically forces you to eat the item, I guess)
    Admin shops - Yes, I know it shows that they are registered to admin shop with LWC. It was some sort of protection, because noone but admins/mods could open it :)
    The LWC double command issue - I know. Unfortunately, I just can't do anything to it. LWC automatically sends message, I'll bug LWC maker tho :p

Thanks for bugtesting!

5. Offline

City Builder

So am I going to have a problem now using this plugin that we use Lockette instead of LWC?

6. Offline

Skudrinka

Hey Acrobot,

noticed a little bug today while testing your addon: The colored wools wont be buyable. If i set them up in a chest, using adminshop, and then buy from it, it will sell me WHITE wool, not the colored one. /iteminfo says "35 - wool" while holding brown wool for example, so i guess there is no way to fix that, huh?

Greetings,
    Skudrinka

7. Offline

ghost-kix

Hi all and sorry for my english

I've got this error when trying to create a shop even if i'm op on my home server
    "[Permissions] You Can't make shop"
    I'm not using permission plugin at that time but the essential pack + iconomy

Can someone detail me how can I make it work?

Thanks
    Ghost-kix

8. Offline

killerbeez

@Acrobot
    Optional as in it won't use the LWC slot and be free to open or will be like before and just say 'Do not steal'?

@ghost-kix
    So do you have any users? If you really want to use this plugin you'll want to use the Permissions plugin honestly. If you do not use it, then only you and maybe some mods on your server will be able to buy and sell from the shops. Far as why you can't create one though without the mod, I don't know.

9. Offline

ghost-kix

So yep i've users. I've put permission plugin. But which file should I modify if I want to give permissions and get it work? cause even if i'm admin (so op) on my server don't work for me at that time and impossible to set a shop.

Thanks
    ghost-kix

10. Offline

Acrobot

@killerbeez
    Optional as in just no LWC protection, still there is "protection", which does the "Do not steal" mesage etc.

@ghost-kix
    plugins/Permissions/your_world_name.yml

11. Offline

Nader

acrobot u said not creating shops are due to not having permissions....
    im the leader and i got the * permission, ontop of that i am OP...
    I tested it.. nothing
    i added the iconomychestshop nodes manually in addition to the * node...
    still nothing....

Im not sure whats causing this since people here are reporting it to work =|.... a possible conflict?

12. Offline

thedjshow

I have a problem with the plugin evrything works but when a none OP buy a item he needs to relogg to see the item he bought anyone having the same problem?

13. Offline

Nader

im wondering if maybe its due to iconomy using MySQL not sqlite =/... it was working when using sqlite

14. Offline

Acrobot

@thedjshow
    Using outdated plugin?

@Nader
    I don't know :/
    Do you have any errors in your server console?

Goodnight everyone

15. Offline

Cyprias

I'm having a issue with version 2.01. Players can put someone elses name on the sign and then steal that person's money.
    For example, Bob can set their sign as
    1. Cyprias
    2. 1
    3. 1:1000
    4. 3
    Then put some dirt in the chest and type /sell and start selling dirt and stealing my money.

I think in older versions it would auto replace the name with the person who putup the sign, but now they're able to put any name. Is anyone else having this bug?

16. Offline

Joey1430

Love the mod but we seem to have a problem. We seem to get massive lagg when people spam sell so is there a way to stop people from doing this?

17. Offline

killerbeez

@Cyprias
    Had a user test it, it would auto fix it back to their name, using 2.01
    Only person who could do it though was me.

18. Offline

Cyprias

@killerbeez

I wonder if it's due to me (us) being ops/admins. I'm demote myself and test some more. I'll return when my findings.

19. Offline

kmccmk9

Well I still can't get anything to work period. No matter how many times I reload the plugin or change permissions

20. Offline

Ap4cheJunction

Works beautifully!! A very awesome plugin. thank you.
    If I may suggest, the ability to ad numbers to the sign which are not integers. For example:

admin shop
    B 1.5:.5 S
    DIRT

So that a stack of dirt is bought for 1.5 units and sold for .5 (for servers that have economies that operate on smaller figures) Just a thought, and again thanks for the great plugin.

21. Offline

Sparx

bloody amazing. I love it

22. Offline

Nader

Well, according to the logs, my server is starting up iconomychestshop right

2011-04-06 01:33:35 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] version 2.01 initialized!
    2011-04-06 01:33:35 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] iConomy version 4.65 loaded.
    2011-04-06 01:33:35 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 2.5.1 loaded.
    2011-04-06 01:33:35 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] LWC version 2.11 loaded.

However today when i was trying to test it again, i came across the command, 'Chest', doing that command gave this following error....:

2011-04-06 02:19:11 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'chest' in plugin iConomyChestShop v2.01
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:233)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:594)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:557)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:551)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at com.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShop.onCommand(iConomyChestShop.java:92)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more

can anything be deduced from this? thx for the help :)

23. Offline

ToastHelmi

minecraft 1.4_01????

24. Offline

Acrobot

@ToastHelmi
    Erm... Bukkit supports it?

@Nader
    Oh, the command is "/chest" and then "buy" or "sell", I think I forgot to make it not throw exceptions on no arguments.

25. Offline

ToastHelmi

How I know that this plugin for my server version is suitable

26. Offline

Acrobot

@ToastHelmi
    You see, the number ([617] at the moment) states the CraftBukkit version it was tested with.
    You can check your bukkit version with /version in chat.

27. Offline

Lunar Delta

This plugin's inability to differentiate between items with the same number but different data values is really starting to become a hassle. People in my server are now completely unable to sell things like colored wool, because the chest simply isn't recognized as being in stock.

It kind of sucks to have to set up a second plugin to get full functionality.

28. Offline

Acrobot

29. Offline

Trevor_

Code:
        at com.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShop.onEnable(iConomyChestShop.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Seems to be broken at the moment.

30. Offline

Acrobot

@Trevor_
    Can you please post the whole error?

31. Offline

sambhur96

I am use'ing this plugin and Groupmanager. I put the permissions to my group called member but they can't buy from the shops why? it just say you can't buy from shops:(