[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

Acrobot

Chaosgod_Espér
    If you need to buy from your own shop, someone should just create an Admin Shop. You could just pick the pieces of armour from the chest? The balance would be 0 anyway.

3. Offline

Chaosgod_Espér

i need to create shops on my battle maps, where every player (including me) can buy from.
    like in counter strike

killing players to earn money, buy armor and weapon from earned money.
    Problem: i need to use supplySign to refill chests and dispensers automatically

and it seems like chestShop isn't compatible with supplySign

4. Offline

Acrobot

Chaosgod_Espér
    Exactly, that's why Admin Shop is the best solution.

You set up a shop, which has infinite stock, and you can you from it.

If you have ChestShop.admin permission/you're an OP, just type in "Admin Shop" (or whatever you set in the config) in the first line. You won't need a chest.

5. Offline

Chaosgod_Espér

and what about normal players without OP rights?

6. Offline

Acrobot

Chaosgod_Espér
    Admin Shops are named like that because only admins can set them. Anyone can use them.

7. Offline

freezd

- CraftBukkit : bukkit 1.3.2-R0.1-b2352
    - ChestShop : 3.46
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?) iConomy 7
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one? Yes, bPermissions
    Whenever I right click on someone else's shop to buy something, it doesn't let me buy anything. No one else can buy from any other shops as well as my self. When players create a shop it does say "shop created." Nothing shows up in the console. I have LWC and all it says is "Notice: That Private Sign is locked by [playername]" when someone right clicks on the sign to buy from a chest shop. Yes the chest is filled with the item. Yes I have money. Yes I'm in survival mode. I also changed the spawn radius in bukkit.yml to 0 but still doesn't work.

8. Offline

Acrobot

freezd
    Hmm... Really thanks for the detailed report. I honestly have no idea what's wrong.

Is selling with left-click working?

How does the sign look like? Have you tried it with ChestShop 3.50?

ChestShop 3.46 allows signs to have lower-cased "b" and "s" on the 3rd line - it's wrong. Try testing it with upper-case B and S, like:

AcrobotPL
    B 5:3 S
    Stone

9. Offline

freezd

Acrobot The sign shops looked exactly how your example did but with lower case instead of uppercase. The problem was lower case "b" and "s." Thanks, it works now. :D

10. Offline

Acrobot

11. hey, the permissions are not working for me, I gave my users Chestshop.shop.*
    but they still get the message that they dont have permission to do that when they try to buy or sell something.
    my craftbukkit version is 1.3.2-R1.0
    my chestshop version is 3.46
    im using essentials eco
    and my permissions plugin is GroupManager

can you help me?

12. Offline

Acrobot

Knightie
    Capitalization matters.
    It's ChestShop.shop.*

13. Acrobot Yes, I know that, I did it in my permissions file, but I forgot to type it here.
    sadly thats not the problem

14. Offline

SniperCraft

I am having a problem. I'm wanting to be able to have a server account for the admin shops via BOSEconomy. not quite sure how i associate the two to work together... I made an account (tried account type as server, bank and player) and associated it to chestshop's server economy account to no avail. i am stumped at the moment and receiving no assisstance from the BOSEconomy dev. any help would be appreciated.
    excellent plugin btw! very useful!
    info:
    CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R1.0-b2377jnks (MC: 1.3.2)
    ChestShop's version is: 3.46
    BOSEconomy
    [no permission plugin]

15. Offline

Acrobot

SniperCraft
    What do you mean by "no avail"?
    I don't really know how it works in BOSEconomy, but I bet that player account would probably work the best.
    Also, did you assign it to SERVER_ECONOMY_ACCOUNT? If so, what have you tried? Have you tried creating admin shops and buying from them?

16. Offline

SniperCraft

no avail meaning nothing worked. I made the SERVER_ECONOMY_ACCOUNT "Server" then made the account in BOSEconomy as Server and tried both of the account types(player,bank). after changing each one i restarted the server with the new settings and attempted to buy from the admin shop. upon purchase i was charged item's listed price but the account "Server" didn't receive the funds. I exhausted any combination of settings i could think of and came up empty handed...

17. Offline

chrispk

I have an issue. I cannot create shops at all. (I tried following the instructions but nothing works).
    Bukkit version: 1.3.2
    Chest shop version: when i do /csversion it just shows up as "/csversion" in chat
    Economy plugin: iConomy
    Permissions plugin: Essentials GroupManager
    Thank-you!

18. Offline

ha11oga11o

hello,

i have some minor bugs and java errors at console. You said it will be fixed in 3.50. Well ill be really happy to use new V3.5o, but how exactly i need to edit local yaml file? I dont undwrstand what this mean:

ChestShop 3.50 TEST VERSION v0013 (You'll have to edit your local.yml file!)

Im not that eager to mess with cfg files without knowing exactly what to do because im afraid to mess up whole economy system and that could be end of server.

many thnx in advance. Im sure somewhere in these 273 pages someone already answered this question, but its very hard to find it.

Cheers! :)

19. Offline

Acrobot

SniperCraft
    Hmm, I have no clue then, sorry!
    Probably related to BOSEconomy, though.

chrispk
    What do you mean by "can't create shops"? Do you get any error in the chat/console? How are you trying to create the shop?

ha11oga11o
    Please post those java errors at pastebin.com and tell me about that minor bugs. By edit your local.yml file I meant that %amount is now removed from all messages regarding item quantities, so just remove it.

If you haven't edited local.yml, just delete it. It will auto-regenerate.

20. Offline

chrispk

Acrobot
    there is literally nothong in the chat. I try and create a shop by:
    line 1: (blanks)
    line 2: 64
    Line 3: B 5
    Line 4: Sand

My server is being hosted so i can't see the configs. Thanks for the help!

21. Offline

Acrobot

chrispk
    Sorry, but I believe your plugin wasn't correctly installed.

22. Offline

chrispk

Acrobot okay thanks! Ill just FTP it in then instead of using it's built-in plugin installer. Ill post back if i still have issues. Love the plugin!!!

23. Offline

chrispk

Acrobot Okay, so I FTP'd the file in and it still does nothing. I even created a shop plot in Towny and nothing. The configs are all in there and look to be okay.

24. Offline

ha11oga11o

Ok it was this report

Sep 12, 2012 at 13:28 - 0 likes
    Dear all,
    can someone tell me what is this error. lately im getting it more and more.
    many thnx :)
    http://pastebin.com/PWdRFesf

25. Offline

SniperCraft

ok, i got it to work. i started over with both plugins and this time it actually synced. With BOSEconomy the account has to be a 'player' type.

26. Offline

Acrobot

chrispk
    Are you sure the ChestShop starts correctly?
    /csversion should return ChestShop's version - if it doesn't, then something is really wrong.

Have you got any errors in the console?

ha11oga11o
    It was already fixed a long time ago in the 3.50 TEST VERSION. To use it, just do as I said in the last post.

SniperCraft
    Ok :)

27. Offline

chrispk

Acrobot
    Whenever i do /chestshop it repeats itself back to me. When i do /plugins it's in there and green.

28. Offline

chrispk

/csversion *

29. Offline

Acrobot

chrispk
    Yeah, so something is wrong with the instalation. Are you sure that the plugin was correctly downloaded? Could you re-download it?

30. Offline

chrispk

Acrobot will do. Im not home ATM but i will when i get back.

31. Offline

Lerkista

I would like to can see a list of buyers/sellers, Example: "Lerkista: Buy 5, Sell 3", can this be possible??

To be possible for the owner of the chestshop and admins see that