Inactive [ECON/ADMN] DynamicShop v1.3 - Trade with dynamic prices via cmds or signs. Economy support! [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Schwarzer Zylinder, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Offline

robxu9

:D yay for sign support! Is it possible to also have users define their own prices so that DynamicShop could try to adjust to the change?

2. Define their own prices? There's already the command setprice. Or what do you mean?

3. Offline

squidicuz

So is this a bug?
    [​IMG]

I can loop the same material and earn money from doing it. I think it should result in a lowering of your balance if you do this...

This is on craftbukkit 1240, with iConomy 5 and using [DynamicShop] signs

4. Offline

Dagumboss

Yeah, one of my mods simply bought as much gold as he could with all his money and sold it back at an outrageous price. Made like 800k.

5. This isn't a bug.
    The price raises AFTER a transaction. So you buy, the price raises. Then you sell for the higher price and after that the price will fall.
    Two ways: I change it, so the price will change before the transaction, but then the /price command wouldn't give the exact value.
    Or, I add a sell-tax, so you have to pay extra money to sell something.

What do you prefer?

6. Offline

squidicuz

I see :)

Add a sell tax. This will prevent the money loop and /price will still be accurate.

7. Offline

robxu9

Like, we have a serverwide market shop - right now we can't automatically adjust prices, but we plan to when we put DynamicShop. But for user shops, they don't want their prices to change - so have theirs static - but we need to serverwide market to adjust the prices based on demand.

8. Offline

squidicuz

Found something else... Inventory check doesn't seem to function right, I can keep on buying material even after my inventory is full. It also displays the items in your inventory after they have been sold, trying to pick them out of inventory clear out the items that are not really there..

9. 1. This plugin has no item check, i put it on the to-do-list.
    2. This is, because the inventory only updates, if you change it for yourself. So the items are removed, but you don't see it. I'll try to find a method to autoupdate the inventory.

10. Offline

squidicuz

11. Offline

Tobbzn

Some item names don't fit on the signs. Notably chestplates and leggings of the diamond and leather varieties.

12. Offline

Tobbzn

Yes, but only LEATHER_LEGGING fits on the second line of the sign, so there's no space for the S, and the sign winds up dropping. Same is true for Diamond and Chainmail, both leggings and chestplates.
    Is there a mod that increases sign line size?

13. No, but I will add support for item id.

14. Offline

Tobbzn

Thanks, but if so, a suggestion if you will; Let us have a comment field in the second line, and have the item ID in the third line along with the amount, so that we can have say

[DynamicShop]
    Chain chest
    (303) x 1
    Price tag

That way, it'd be possible for people to know what they're buying even in those situations where you need to use item ID.

15. Offline

BigDaveNz

I have a shop on my server set up and ready to go using dynamicshop. But i am waiting for the whole Sell tax thing to come in. Or else my players will simply earn megabucks. Two Question. 1. Will the next version release be before or after 1.9 or else will it be designed for 1.8? 2. Will the next release have an automatic inventory update, sell tax and item id usage?

16. Sell taxes and inventory update are already done, I'm working on inventory check (So you cant buy, if your inventory is full) right now. Id should be no problem, I can do this very quickly.
    I haven't published it yet because I dont like the way with sell taxes, but for now I don't know a better one.
    Tomorrow my school holidays will begin, so it shouldn't take much more time until its out. So, it will be for 1.8

1.21 is out!
    • You can use item ids on signs now
    • Checks your inventory before transaction, so you can't buy something if your inventory is full
    • Inventory will be updated after every transaction
    • Added sell taxes

I hadn't the time to test the inventory checking in detail, so it's a bit beta like. Feedback on this would be nice ;)

I really do not like the way to avoid money cheating by sell taxes, but in hours I didn't found a better way :) So a nice idea for this topic would be great. Or do you like this method?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  17. Offline

koibunny

Great plugin. I love the idea of dynamic prices, and I use this one because of the sign shops. But... (and I realize this has been mentioned before), it would be nice if there were a way to select floor and ceiling prices for certain items, or else set altogether static pricing on certain items. Perhaps a little bit more information per item in the prices.cfg, or maybe using negative prices on the setprice command to indicate it.
    My reasoning is that there are items whose prices I want to be completely market determined (eg. diamond, cobblestone, feathers, clay, coal) and others which I want to be static, particularly those which are mostly just sold, rather than both bought and sold (eg. wheat, lapis lazuli, gold). That is, a trade in items with actual "local" demand, and a separate trade in items "for export", so to speak.
    Just hoping you keep it in mind, hehe.

18. Offline

Tobbzn

I liked the sales tax. However, is it possible to make it percentage based instead of flat? A flat tax of 1 doesn't do much to dissuate abusing Diamonds at 550gp a pop, but it means nobody is going to sell dirt 'cause they don't get anything for it.

19. It's already in percent =)

@koibunny
    I already tried to add this in 1.2, but I didn't found out how to use MySQL. If I find a good tutorial or something and understand it, I will add this ;)

20. Offline

Vixolus

This looks very interesting. I might add this to my server! It has sign shops along with the infinite command shop ;) Just what I wanted! :D

21. Offline

Tobbzn

I'm having problems with the new build. I set up ID signs for Leather Leggings and Chestplates and I simply get the "Impossible material or amount". Also, my sales tax is flat, not percent (If I set Dirt to 2 gp/each with sales tax 2, they don't sell for anything. Coal is at 10, and they sell for 8 each.)

22. My mistake, I forgot a bracket, redownload it and it will be in percent.

23. Offline

Tobbzn

Great. The bug I mentioned about "Impossible Material or Amount" only seems to happen after a server restart. If you set up a sign
    [DynamicShop]

Then the sign gets renamed as expected and works, but after a server reset, it gives the "Impossible Material or Amount" error.

24. I dont't really understand how to set a constant price for a material, help please! :)

25. Write 'pricechange: constant' in the config, that's all.

@Tobbzn Tested it again on my test server, worked fine for me...

26. Hmm I get this error : The file you're trying to edit (or its parent folder) isn't writable. Please set permissions of at least 755 in order to be able to modify files.

27. Then windows is blocking the file, because you don't have the permissions to edit it. Are you admin on your pc? Otherwise, delete the folder and start the plugin, so the file is created new, maybe you can edit it then.

Releam likes this.
  28. I am renting a server... :/

I am renting a sercer from Servrecraft.co ... :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  29. Contact the server hoster and if they don't change it, switch to another hoster, because this is ridiculous.