[Easy]Redstone Changing Sign Text

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by KyleBoyer, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Offline

KyleBoyer

I know this is possible and it seems very strait forward. Is their a way that if a sign receives a high sign from redstone it will change text from a list. So lets say I have a minecart tunnel with pressure plates(and wirelessredstone plugin)

When the minecart starts moving the sign receives the signal and then displays the first text in the list(Starting...) then when it hits the next pressure plate in the middle it will do the 2nd text in the list(Middle). Finally, when it is at the end it will say the 3rd text item(End). Then assuming it is not a circular minecart track, when it gets started up again the sign will again receive a sign, then it will say the 4th item in the list[Starting(Going toward you)] then again at the middle it will say the 5th item in the list[Middle(coming to you)]. These are not set text items I'm hoping they would be customizable so that you could use them for other things like with a switch it could say "On" or "Off". I was hoping you could make the list by placing a sign, first line would be like this:
    <FirstTextItem|SecondTextItem|ThirdTextItem|ect...>
    Then it would cycle through the different text items.

I have already found a plugin that does this but it is not updated to work. It is called XSigns. Hopefully someone could bring it back up to date, or make a different plugin that does the exact same thing.

BUMP!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016