E3 Announcing Cross-Platform Minecraft for all platforms (except PS4)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by fluffymothgirl, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

fluffymothgirl

so.. the million dollar question i litteraly made an account to ask as i've not heard anything or anyone talking about this.

will bukkit have a cross-platform server for the new minecraft? or is this the end of bukkit as we know it?

what will it take for bukkit to be completely remade to fit this? will it take a long time for bukkit to have a downloadable server .jar stable or even development build?

and my biggest question. i like my bukkit plugins. can i still have essentials and vault... and lockette.. but login with pocket minecraft on my phone or minecraft for nintendo switch... and still use these plugins?? can i play on a faction server with economy on my nintendo switch or android phone... on a server hosted on my PC?

and for anyone else viewing this post.. are you excited for this?... i'm super excited to be able to do admin work on my server on my android from bed, when people get trolled at like 5 am.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@fluffymothgirl Dmca did a lot of nasty things, Bukkit will never be what it used to be.

For the cross platform server: then the games need to be the same first, same items, same protocol.
    Do you have a source for your statement in the title?

3. Offline

fluffymothgirl

i couldn't find where in the original E3 videos. but here's the mojang's announcement https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/all-news-e3

should be all over google if you search "e3 minecraft cross-platform" unless i was the litteral only minecraft player to watch E3.

but yeah, bukkit will never be the same.. but still like, do you think it'll update to the cross-platform? or do you think it'll continue to be PC only compatable? or do you think it'd just shut down and/or keep to the latest 1.12 and only maintain that?

obviously no one has answers yet, but i'm asking what you as a minecraft player and bukkit forum goer think, as a friendly forum discussion question.

also as an interesting note, sony declined mojang's offer to continue with minecraft cross-platform because they "have to keep mindful of the younger players" which i thought was going to be nintendo's reaction, but nintendo is like "full steam ahead" with it.. and microsoft (win10 and xbox) accepted like, day one.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  4. Online

@fluffymothgirl It fully depends on which protocol they will use.
    And is Minecraft being cross platform from 1.13 and up then? Or will it take a while?
    Note: didn't check links yet, not on right device for that.

5. Offline

fluffymothgirl

E3 says it'll be out this fall. so i mean, might even be 1.12 if they really want to stick to it. might even just go with minecraft 2.0 i honestly dont know. but mojang says it'll be out in the fall some time.

also apparently its supposed to be default 4k graphics too. its all on mojang's link from minecraft.net i linked you in the first post. i'd link more/others but nothing's going to be as creditable or spot on than from something like that, run by mojang themselves.

6. Online

@fluffymothgirl
    Not connected to this version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.