DropBox? Better yet DropChest

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by josip1, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Offline

josip1

Plugin category: Mech

Suggested name: DropBox? Better yet DropChest

A bit about me: I'm a 19 year old uni kid. Who spends way too much time thinking of ways minecraft can be improved. Currently 6am and haven't slept.

What I want: I would like to see a plugin where when a user types a command they can buy a chest which would appear via a command, much similar to the personal chests plugin. The user of this chest can then set users who can use it. So if person a puts in 1 dirt person b can take it and when either of them look inside it's empty since person b took it. Basically it would kind of work like Drop box. In the fact you can share the chest with people. :)

I think it would be good to also make it possible to assign ranks to that chest. So instead of using player names you can just use their rank name e.g. "admin".

It would be nice if their was a GUI to go along with it if players use spout. To make it easier to add people to it etc.

(This would be usable anywhere you don't need to have a chest near by...works like a backpack plugin sort of)

Ideas for commands: /dc <buy> [name] This would buy a drop chest and give it a name. If no name is given it's just set as default for that person
    /dc [name] This opens the drop chest. If no name is given the default one is opened. If a user has spout their should be an option in config to set a key to open it. So any key can be set.
    /dc <access> [name] [player1, player2, player3][rank] This would give access to the drop chest to player1,2,3 etc or a rank name.
    /dc <remacc> [name] [player1, player2, player3][rank] This would remove access to the drop chest to player1,2,3 etc or a rank name.
    /dc <admin> [name] [player1, player2, player3][rank] This would give them access to change who can access the drop chest. But NOT change it's name
    /dc <give> <player> [name] This would give the player a drop chest...basically so they don't have to buy it.
    /dc <changename> [oldname] [newname] changes the name of the drop chest

Ideas for permissions:

- dropchest.use lets the user use drop chests
    - dropchest.buy lets the user buy drop chests
    - dropchest.give lets the user give players drop chests
    - dropchest.admin Allow admins to use any drop chests, change their names, add who can use it etc

Willing to pay up to: $5 maybe $10 if you do a good job.

When I'd like it by: No rush, just an idea I had. Thought it would be cool.

Similar plugin requests: Personal chest, bukkit inventory tools

Devs who might be interested in this: @TnT @ChrizC @codename_B rodey