Dragon pet (don't think this is for kids!)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by penguinben, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Offline

penguinben

Hello,
    Whilst reading the title, I am sure you thought "oh god" look another childish idea, but no!
    The idea in long form:

I wish to be able to supply players with a brand new plugin idea that allows them to play an RPG type game, somewhat like Races etc, so when you first join, you pick a Race and stick to it (as an admin, for a price I could change it). The dragons: dragons come into this by having the ability to gain a dragon egg (possibly through a hatchery buying etc.) and with the use of races/mcmmo type plugin, you and your dragon grow together Nd practice the skills of your chosen race. This will depend on how hard they work with the dragon, and how good to it you are. I wish this plugin to be fully integrated into PvP and factions if possible.

In short:
    -Mix of new type races that allows for new races with basic perks/drawbacks (this is not a new plugin idea)
    -Fully customisable dragon eggs with colours. Ender dragons maybe, just smaller?
    -Dragons work alongside each player personally - in a pvp situation it fights with its owner
    -Dragons can be flown around the map
    -Dragons have the ability to destroy blocks - configurable
    -Dragons have special abilities depending on which race their owner is
    -Dragons that work for 1 player. They are linked together through a "bond" this means that Dave cannot ride Adam's dragon without permission etc
    -Time for eggs to hatch (configurable)
    -integrates with things such as essentials bukkit and group manager
    -Races that you start as relate to the abilities you can gain

Commands I would like for dragons
    /d check - Dragon check
    /d type - check the types of dragon available
    /d owner - shows the owner of a dragon
    /d name - names YOUR dragon
    /d help - shows list of commands

Commands I would like for "races"
    / race list - shows all the available lists
    /race choose <Name>
    /race info <Name>
    /Race list <Name of Race>
    /Race Who <Name> - shows race that player is in

I understand this may be a long haul plugin, but I am very interested in it, I have been learning how to run a server, and wish to be able to add this plugin to a new rpg server.

If anyone wishes to be involved with this, either reply here, or add me on Skype, where I can normally be found:
    -Penguinben

Many thanks,
    Ben

2. Offline

Mozio

Nah

3. Offline

penguinben

Thanks, is it too much work or?

4. Offline

penguinben

We like the idea of that plugin, but it does not quite suit the while rpg style we are looking for.
    We want players to grow alongside their dragon, gaining abilities together and being able to form bonds etc.
    We would love to have players show off what their dragon can do others; fighting, abilities etc.

Thanks though!:D

5. Offline

penguinben

All's quiet on the western front it seems, *bump*

6. Offline

Zoroark173

Try the MyPet plugin, and disable everytthing except the enderdragons

penguinben likes this.
  7. Offline

bobacadodl

Ok, Seriously? If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

OT: This seems like a pretty cool idea, but just pointing out that you can't have different colored dragons. Its impossible to add new mobs/blocks into the game with bukkit. Also, it might be better to split this into 2 different plugins. 1 for races and one for the dragons. The dragon plugin could hook into the race plugin if needed.

MrBluebear3 and Bavestry like this.
  8. Offline

penguinben

Ok. Do you believe it to be possible though?
    -Dragons can all have the same colour, that does not matter.
    -We would love to have them link, but i understand it may be difficult, but the two different plugins is a good idea.

Thanks for the post!:D

9. Offline

KylexDavis

Seems quite complicated, but I hope someone can make it for you.
    I'll start looking into it myself, no promises though.

10. cMan_ would love to help right! I am sure xcraft could share some code.

11. Offline

penguinben

Bump...

12. Offline

Borlea

-Mix of new type races that allows for new races with basic perks/drawbacks (this is not a new plugin idea) - if races mean different looks. Spoutcraft -
    -Fully customisable dragon eggs with colours. Ender dragons maybe, just smaller? - Spoutcraft = possible -
    -Dragons work alongside each player personally - in a pvp situation it fights with its owner - Possible -
    -Dragons can be flown around the map - Possible(done alot of times) -
    -Dragons have the ability to destroy blocks - configurable - If bukkit has the right events -
    -Dragons have special abilities depending on which race their owner is - Could need ai control. -
    -Dragons that work for 1 player. They are linked together through a "bond" this means that Dave cannot ride Adam's dragon without permission etc - Possible -
    -Time for eggs to hatch (configurable) - Possible -
    -integrates with things such as essentials bukkit and group manager - Possible -
    -Races that you start as relate to the abilities you can gain - Possible -

Some like ai control and events. No idea if spout has them but spout would make more possibility's and cool features to this plugin. Not really familiar with spout. I'm just here really to say whats possible im my eye of few some of these possibles could be really really hard. Or easy.

Be great if someone made something like this in spout. Like a giant dragon in the end instead of the current dragon size. and if you want a pet dragon your server needs to kill the dragon(end could reset every like week). And the end would have other small dragon parents that would attack on hit. And if you tame the parent(or like calm it down) you could take one of its eggs and grow it.

Extra bump. great idea

penguinben likes this.
  13. Offline

penguinben

It is great to see that so much of it is possible, cheers!
    And good idea with the end bit, the taming/calming down to get an egg is a brilliant idea, that way players have to get to the end to get it...
    Possibly (if able) you have to attack the dragon to calm it down, once it's health runs out, the egg can be taken?

Regards,
    Ben

14. Offline

cMan_

In my eyes, this looks like a project that would take me into 2015.
    No thank you!

15. Offline

penguinben

Ok, thank you anyway!:D however it would not be a bad way to spend your time :p

16. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

I think he's saying they can link, but the Dragon part should be a different plugin that's an "add-on" kind of plugin. Such as FactionsPlus for Factions.

17. Offline

penguinben

Indeed he is.

18. Offline

penguinben

19. Offline

fiesty

Haha I will have a go at this may be a good way to spend some time :p

20. Offline

penguinben

21. Offline

penguinben

Gonna bump this, simply because I still like the idea.

22. Offline

Howtolp

I like the idea and I'm taking java classes and might try doing this because ma and my friend want a plugin like this so I may or may not do this ill say if I try in the thread at a latter date

penguinben likes this.
  23. This thread is dead, man.

24. Offline

penguinben

Not dead if he is willing to give it a shot.

25. Offline

Blades_

If you wanted different coloured ender dragons, why don't you force a texturepack that randomises the colour of the dragon, like sphaxdirt mobs?