donations

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by zombieman1000, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zombieman1000

plugin type: admn

a bit about me: i own a server that gets 100 players daily

what i want:a plugin that lets players donate by credit card in minecraft
    ex:gaby446 wants to donate they type /dt visa cardnumbers

2. Offline

-_Husky_-

that's really, really, really unsafe. as the dev can slip in some code to send them the cred card info. probably best to go through iPage - as they have a few features, including web hosting.. that can do this.

3. Offline

zombieman1000

it is unsafe but a dev could add safety so no one can get the code

4. Offline

-_Husky_-

plus, i don't think it's possible, although, you could send them a donate link.

5. Offline

zombieman1000

a old dev told me it was possible

6. Offline

SirTyler

I think you would need some server to act as a middle man, which is highly unsafe. On top of that your thought to have code that no one can get is impossible, unless you plan to write your own programming language from ground up and even then its possible to decompile. But regardless a plugin like this IS possible but requires massive amounts of work.

7. Offline

Omnitv

I don't understand how this will work inside minecraft either in a server, plus if person X was donating wouldn't he/she need to type in the credit card info in game? plus this is as -_Husky_- said

8. Offline

Sayshal

BuyCraft.net

9. Offline

zombieman1000

the player goes on a server.They type there credit card info in game but a great dev can make it safe but not 100% safe

10. Offline

SirTyler

I think if you want this to be a good choice your going to need an actual team of professional coders, while some of the bukkit devs here are professional programmers I do not think they will take this project on without some sort of compensation they think is worth their time. But best of luck to you.

-_Husky_- and Omnitv like this.
  11. Offline

TnT

This is highly insecure. I wouldn't trust entering my credit card number into Minecraft, no matter how safe you think it would be. Not only would you require a server plugin, you would require a client mod to encrypt the data going between the client and the server. This is not at all a good idea.

Locked because this should never happen. Use a safe method like buycraft if you wish to get donations.

Sayshal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.