Donations to iconomy coins

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by turtlelink2, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Offline

turtlelink2

Don't know if bukkit and some other out of game code could do this but is there a way that when Simone makes a paypal donation it converts that number into iconomy coins? Eg 1$=100 coins. I can do it manually but I would rather it be done by a plugin so I can attend to other matters.. Is it possible?

2. Offline

gnftoxic

I'll look into this, have been thinking about this for a few days.

3. Offline

turtlelink2

Another option would be to generate a code that can be entered ingame to claim money, the unique code is presented after donation....idk I thats easier or not but t would work

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

Birdie

5. Offline

halvors

You'll have to know the ingame users nick then. Have been thinking og this too, so gnftoxic if you need some code help let me know :D

It's a awsome idea :)

6. Offline

turtlelink2

I saw that code redeemer, problem with that is its not automatic and gets me right back where I started

7. Offline

turtlelink2

any news?

8. Offline

Nytemare3701

I know nijikokun made one for someone. He didn't release it though since it was a commission.

9. Offline

turtlelink2

Got a link?

10. Offline

Phinary

You can do this with Paypal IPN and a mysql database. Its not very hard to set up really (For someone with experience) and im sure you can find something on the internet.

11. Offline

turtlelink2

Its probably because its 1am but I cant figure that out =/ I have a wamp database but paypal and the database comunicating is not in my ability, let alone converting that to Iconomy money

12. Offline

jorisk322

I would really like this too, possibly also add items in place of iConomy money and maybe permissions support (When donated, i.e. they have acces to /warp or something)

13. Offline

turtlelink2

I was going to use buyabilitys flor permission addition

14. Offline

jorisk322

15. Offline

Grygon

So what are you looking for exactly? A simple 1-time redemption gift code to give iConomy cash? I could probably make that if you want - although it could take a few days since I'm still learning.

16. Offline

turtlelink2

The method that it does it doesn't matter to me, I just would like a plugin that once the user has donated money they get that amount of iconomy coins ingame with 0 admin interaction...I. E. I donate a dolor, somehow I get 100 coins in gmae

17. Offline

Niemand

would love that, too.

18. Offline

turtlelink2

Bump again, somone please explain the IPN thing if you know how

19. Offline

BioRage

Interesting, I like this idea too. BookMarked.

20. Offline

2Bucks

I'd similarly appreciate a message if someone figures out the paypal thing

21. Offline

turtlelink2

bump, explainy the paypal--->php-->Mysql please....

22. Offline

jorisk322

You can click 'watch' in the upper right side of the page and you'll be warned when something happens here.

Maybe also add 'special rare items', so you can make it so that when someone donates more than $10, he will get his money + a surprise

23. Offline

2Bucks

paypal IPN can send emails
    if you can have a mod that'll read an email and seek out the player's username and donation amount, it might be possible

24. Offline

jorisk322

oh, sorry. I misunderstood you

25. Offline

turtlelink2

Bump

Bump...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  26. Offline

BioRage

27. Offline

jorisk322

So, is this currently in the making or is it dead? In the last cas: bump

28. Offline

Paah

29. Actually, i would suggest using a plugin called redeemcodes or something like that.
    We used it at our server. by letting the users sending a text message wich costs like $1.
    Then we had an PHP API adding random codes to redeemcodes file & sending a text message back to them saying
    use /redeem random to get your 250 coins.
    This would be possible with paypal to. but send them an email with the redeem code instead :)

30. I really like the idea of a code redemption feature :) You would have to redirect them to a pgae which would use a php script to generate a code but you'd have to make sure they cant just refresh the page to get a new code.