Does Essentials GroupManager allow users to have two ranks?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Triton, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Triton

Hello there I have been recently doing my permissions and was doing some thinking. I was wondering does GM allow people to have two ranks say they are a donor and get promoted to moderator but they still want there donor perks. Is this possible if so how?

2. Offline

GOPJ1

Yes there is actually. Run the command /manuaddsub <playername> moderator

What this is doing is giving them the main and subgroup permissions while keeping the main group prefix!

3. Offline

Triton

Thanks I will try this

4. Offline

GOPJ1

No problem

supernunoski99 likes this.
  5. Offline

supernunoski99

ok GOPJ1 but we can make that command & the essentilas chat be like this
    [NormalRank] Username [DonorRank]: Message
    & when they make /rankup they rankup only the normal rank?

6. Offline

Jeyge

GOPJ1 hasn't been on the forums in almost a year so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from him. One thing you could try is using the users prefix/suffix to do what you want. If you have some sort of automated donator script, when they donate, just set their suffix to the donor rank and have your chat plugin display "{prefix}{displayname}{suffix}: {message}" or something along those lines. I'm sure there are better ways to do it too.

7. Offline

17xDillz1997

DAMN, I MADE A DIFFERENT GROUP FOR EACH STAFF RANK COMBINED WITH EACH STAFF RANK! So if I wanted Helper to have a Helper prefix and Donor suffix, I just add a sub to the person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.