DiverMod Mentor Needed

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Imamoose, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Imamoose

i need a mentor who i can bug about really simple stuff, im very very bad at coding and i need someone to explain to me errors i get that i dont understand, my main issue is that i usually use a different program for java work however i really like some of the features of eclipse but im utterly lost

onto what "Divermod" is, i want a predetermined set of armor to activate an item being drained to dill the air bar, ie, when you run out of air, a block of glass is removed and you are given 30 seconds or 15seconds of air, when you run out of glass you begin to drown like normal, eventually id also like to add in a toggle to light up the area around the player underwater the turning the toggle off and on would use 1 lightstone, and eventually if i can figure out how would be to increase movement speed in water

2. Offline

Carnes

The development forum is pretty friendly. Feel free to ask your questions in there : )

I only started just recently too and figuring out eclipse was probably the hardest part, hah. Good luck on your plugin!

3. Offline

Sammy

Eclipse is only hard if you follow the wiki with all those integrations... maven, github etc etc
    You really don't need them IMO... for saying the truth I switched to NetBeans and I couldn't be more happy :)

4. Offline

Imamoose

installed all of those dosent help ive never used github before, its a little overwhelming

5. Offline

Sammy

github is handy only if you want to share your code imo... but even then I prefer using svn for the team and pastebin for help, so yes you really don't need it
    Maven, I don't know want it does [creeper]

6. Offline

Carnes

I didn't make a github account but i pull from the bukkit and craftbukkit git sources. Last night i saw a property i wanted to use in the JavaDocs but wasn't available in my bukkit build. Just pulled from git, Maven Clean, Maven Install. Poof! up-to-date and i had access to the new property. I swear it must have been added that very day.

Eclipse makes it so easy. But it's only easy after you get it all setup (setup is overwhelming the first few times).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.