Distributed Server Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by txomon, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

txomon

Hello,

I proposed a plugin for backups time ago, and from there, it derived in a which I think, a very good Idea.

Distributed Server plugin.

This, would mean, that to instances of bukkit, running in different computers, would share processing request (I don't know technical word for that), and in that way, more users could be connected, and more processing could be done.

The idea is that, if no more servers configured, at least, there would be a "boinc-like" network, to share work, and the server would be the main chief.

In this way, we can delegate some tasks in reliable friends, when having a home server.

2. Offline

cvenomz

I love this idea, and I too have thought about how cool it would be to have this functionality. However, it would be very very difficult to add such functionality. If it were possible, it would likely require much more than a simple bukkit plugin

3. Offline

txomon

Well... Everything must be proposed at least one time... :D

I would like to develop it but I actually don't have so much spare time... (hate studying)

4. Offline

xZise

The main problem is, that everything have to work together. On BOINC you have such tasks as “get the sum of 1 and 2” and ask one participant and somebody else get another question. Most of the time, they don't have to work together.

Fabian

5. Offline

txomon

true, but I was just putting that example. This would be more likely to be a "Bukkit cluster"