Disabling Commands in Essentials

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CoderRevolq, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CoderRevolq

In my plugin I made the commands " message and reply " but everytime I type in /msg or /r , essentials says in white /msg <to> <message> is there a way to disable the command msg and reply in essentials?

# When a command conflicts with another plugin, by default, Essentials will try to force the OTHER plugin to take priority.
    # Commands in this list, will tell Essentials to 'not give up' the command to other plugins.
    # In this state, which plugin 'wins' appears to be almost random.
    #
    # If you have two plugin with the same command and you wish to force Essentials to take over, you need an alias.
    # To force essentials to take 'god' alias 'god' to 'egod'.
    # See http://wiki.bukkit.org/Bukkit.yml#aliases for more information

overridden-commands:
    # - god
    # - info

# Disabling commands here will prevent Essentials handling the command, this will not affect command conflicts.
    # Commands should fallback to the vanilla versions if available.
    # You should not have to disable commands used in other plugins, they will automatically get priority.
    disabled-commands:
    # - nick
    # - clear
    That is the essentials config, is there anything wrong I did because the command still does not get disabled, please help!

2. Offline

JaguarJo

CoderRevolq Wouldn't the disabled commands be written in as - msg and - r , since that's what you type for the actual command? The next section of the essentials config where it talks about social spy commands lists them as just - msg and - r .... so I think if you just put them like that in the disabled-commands section instead of typing out all of - message and - reply it should work.

3. Offline

DiamondPicky

# Disabling commands here will prevent Essentials handling the command, this will not affect command conflicts.
    # Commands should fallback to the vanilla versions if available.
    # You should not have to disable commands used in other plugins, they will automatically get priority.
    disabled-commands:
    # - nick
    # - clear

Look what i highlighted in red. If you disable commands, it does not affect the command conflicts of other plugins! I know... I tried that too. I got this jail plugin, but it keeps using the essentials /jail command, instead of the Jail's /jail command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.