Disable Names?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by minecrafter227, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Offline

minecrafter227

I just wanted a plugin to make it so that you only see a player's name if you are looking at them. Because people keep finding my underground fort in PVP because they can see names through blocks. Basically, if you don't see the player's face, it doesn't show their name. You wouldn't be able to see names through walls either. Please make a plugin like this.

2. Offline

ninjanomnom

seconded

3. Offline

Snowl

i'm fairly sure you would have to edit the actual server to do this. there may be a way though.

4. Offline

minecrafter227

I dont care if its a plugin or anything, I just want it done please.

5. Offline

DerpinLlama

Would have to be done client-side, or with core server modifications to stop the client being notified if the other guy is too far away.

6. Offline

minecrafter227

Either noone else is interested in this thread, or someone is working on it and isn't posting until release.

7. Offline

SAMDAN

I have the same problem. Nobody looks at anything i post.

8. Offline

DerpinLlama

Go ask Notch.

9. Offline

Archelaus

It has been said it cannot be done on Bukkit currently and is in high doubt you'll ever be able to do it in Bukkit. Bumping this thread up will make no difference. Like DerpinLlama said, go ask Notch.