Filled Different World Different Nickname Request

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by fuzzysgirl, May 5, 2014.

1. Offline

fuzzysgirl

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: MultiNamePlus (or what you'd like? lol)

What I want: What I am desperately searching for, is a plugin that allows for my server dwellers to have a World-dependant nickname. Say my nickname in my survival world is fuzzy, and I would like my nickname in my Role Play world to be Rosaline. I have not found a plugin that is capable of this, though I have searched.

Ideas for commands: A Command to set nicknames, and other player's nicknames. Ideally: /MNP nick [player name] [nickname] [World name]

Ideas for permissions: MultiNamePlus.nick

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible please!

Thanks for your time!

~fuzzy ღ

2. Offline

TopTobster5

fuzzysgirl Hi. I can make this plugin for you. The easiest way to do this I think is via a database. Is this an option for you?

3. Offline

The Fancy Whale

FlatFile would probably be just as easy in my opinion. However you can accomplish this with a database as well. Also, you can always use something like group manager or pex where different groups/players can have different perms/nicknames per world.

4. Offline

DotDash

Permission Plugins only change the prefix/suffix.

5. Offline

The Fancy Whale

Isn't that the plugin request?

6. Offline

DotDash

7. Offline

TopTobster5

fuzzysgirl I've written most of the plugin. Just tidying up and tweaking a few things now. Do you want the name to change in the tab list as well?

8. Offline

fuzzysgirl

TopTobster5 Yay you're totally my hero! I would like it to show a player's correct ign in the tab, I think it will be easier for my staff to identify players that way. Thank you so much! I'm excited to try it out. :D

~ fuzzy ღ

9. Offline

TopTobster5

fuzzysgirl Right. After putting it through a rigorous testing process and ironing out more bugs than I thought was possible, I think I have finished. Here is a link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sow95sabydujfph/MultiNamePlus.jar.

Commands: I have 3 commands for you to use:
    • /mnp nick [playername] [nickname] [world] -- Changes the specified players nickname for the world specified.
    • /mnp info -- Gives some information about the plugin
    • /mnp help -- Shows the syntax for the main command (/mnp nick)
    There is one permission node which is required for all commands: mnp.admin

I was able to use a yml file instead of having to use a database. If this turns out to be slow or hard to use, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

If you find any bugs, do let me know. I think I have ironed them all out but there may be some clashes with other nickname plugins. I have tested it with essentials though and it works fine.
    Let me know how you feel about the plugin. If you want any changes, don't hesitate to ask!

fuzzysgirl likes this.
  10. Offline

fuzzysgirl

TopTobster5 Thanks so much! I will likely test it out tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. :)

11. Offline

TopTobster5

fuzzysgirl I found a small bug in the program. It has been re uploaded and I have updated the link above. After reading your original post, I have realized one small thing. Do you want players to be able to change their own nick names? The current version of the plugin does not have that feature but it can be added if needs be.

12. Offline

TopTobster5

AdamQpzm Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that, I'll change it now :p

fuzzysgirl and AdamQpzm like this.
  13. Offline

fuzzysgirl

TopTobster5 I installed the plugin and it works great! A feature for players to be able to change their own nicknames would be handy, as long as there was a permission node for it. So far this is working perfectly tho, thanks so much, again!

~fuzzy ღ

14. Offline

TopTobster5

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  15. Offline

fuzzysgirl

TopTobster5 likes this.
  16. Offline

TopTobster5

Your welcome, any time :)