Different spawn point based on permission/group

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by _Ass4ssin_, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

Plugin category:
    miscellaneous, teleportation

Suggested name:
    Groupspawn

What I want:
    I'd like to see a plugin what will make it possible to have different spawn points.
    Based on what group/permission you are/have, you will spawn at the certain spawn point.
    The permission would be something like groupspawn.(spawnpointname).

For example:
    Player A is in the group called Miner, this group got the permission node: groupspawn.miner.
    When Player A dies he will respawn at the spawn point called miner. The spawnpoint was set by an admin who wrote: /setspawn miner

Player B is in the group called Builder, this group got the permission node: groupspawn.builder.
    When Player B dies he will respawn at the spawnpoint called builder.

It could also be possible to have something like /setgroupspawn (groupname).
    If you are in the group with the groupname miner you will teleport to the spawn for miner.

Ideas for commands:
    /setspawn (nameofspawnpoint)
    /setgroupspawn (groupname)
    /spawn (spawn to the spawnpoint based on what permission/group)

Ideas for permissions:
    groupspawn.(spawnpointname)

groupspawn.spawn (you need this to do /spawn)

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Additional Information:

If there is already a plugin that is working, please post a link so I can use it. Also sorry if there is already a existing plugin like this.

2. This is apart of Essentials
    /setspawn <group>

3. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

I got essentials, but when I typ /setspawn <whatevergroupname> It will say:
    "No players matched query."
    I am using PermissionsEx, should I need to install another permission system to use this?
    Also, thanks for the very fast respond!

4. Offline

np98765

... Well, you're not really comparing player names... That's weird.

Make sure that you have EssentialsSpawn.jar in your plugins directory.

5. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

I have essentials.jar, essentialschat.jar and essentialsspawn.jar.
    Know I am thinking about it, could it perhaps be commandbook? I have also commandbook on my server and I know commandbook sometimes disable functions of essentials but I am not sure if the /setspawn is one of them.

If it is, is there a way to use the essential spawn instead of commandbook without disabling commandbook completely?

6. Offline

evilmidget38

That could very well be it, make sure to set the option in essentials for essentials to override the command setspawn.

np98765 likes this.
  7. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

I have changed the override settings like this:

overridden-commands:
    - god
    - setspawn
    - spawn

But I have read essentials can't override commandbook. I have read if overriding didn't work you always could write a "e" infront of the command. So I typed ingame. /esetspawn miner and it said: spawnlocation set for group miner.
    I am still worried if someone respawn he will get spawned in the commandbook spawn?

8. Offline

np98765

Oh no, you're good then! Try it, if you really want -- Rank yourself to miner and type /spawn.

EDIT: Can't you disable entire commands with Commandbook?

9. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

I am not sure if this is possible. I would like to keep commandbook, but I need the other spawn commands of essentials. I will try to see if the spawns will work for the groups with /esetspawn. If not I have to look if I can disable certain commands of commandbook. and If that isn't possible I should remove commandbook and use essentials only.

10. Offline

-_Husky_-

use EssentialsSpawn

11. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

As I have write earlier, I am using essentials, essentialschat and essentialsspawn. The only problem is commandbook override some of the commands of essentials and you can't make essentials override commandbook. To still use the command of essentials you have to add a e infront of the command so I using /esetspawn miner and it worked.
    The only question left will be when respawning if it uses commandbooks global spawn or essentials group spawn.

12. Offline

Necrodoom

what do you need commandbook for, though? almost all of commandbook commands have essentials versions. also try go to essentials config.yml, change
    respawn-listener-priority: high
    to highest if commandbook causes problems.

13. Offline

_Ass4ssin_

I think it is all working now, if I run into trouble I will just remove commandbook. This thread could be removed/closed, or whatever an admin do with solved request. Thank you all, you have given me very useful information!